The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Balancing

UnknownGunneryChief

So, DE said that they will use Syndicates to make more weapons/frames viable regarding other top tier weapons/frames, and they said they don't preffer any single Syndicate, but look at what we have - 

Arbiters of Hexis (Telos Akbolto) and Steel Meridian (Vaykor Marelok) got the best secondaries out of all Syndicates;

Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda have (pretty, arguable, but almost everybody agrees that this is true) the best augments;

Arbiters of Hexis have T4 survival keys (probably the most popular T4 void mission due to the very high chance of getting x5 R5 bundles every A and B rotation);

So what do we have here? Arbiters of Hexis rule the Syndicate system with Cephalon Suda being 2nd and Steel Meridian being 3rd, while the long forgotten Red Veil, The Perrin Sequence and New Loka have only 1 good augment each (Ashs Team Smoke Bomb, Vaubans Tesla Link (nerfed, woooooooo) and Hydroids Healing Puddle respectively) and sub-par weapons (Rakta Ballista (REALLY???), Secura Dual Cestra (EVEN MORE REALY???) and Sancti Castanas (going for these myself not because they're especially good, but because it feels like throwing sticky C4 that procs all elementals it has on itself - the most fun I could think of with any secondary in the game) respectively). 

DE, were you simply lying about the "no preffered Syndicates" part, or is this a beginning and they all will be balanced with each other as time goes on? Also, Tenno, what is YOUR opinion on this topic?

Keep it civil please (THAT MEANS NO FANBOYING)!

Edited by -Himari-
Edited post for language to comply with forum rules.

You are looking into this too much, it just so happens that some factions got better gear due to it making sense. It wouldn't be right if veil got the marelok now, would it ?

Let me guess, you main red veil ?

No, I chose The Perrin Sequence because they looked funny and I really liked the Tesla Link thingy (but it got nerfed because some peoples PCs couldn't handle all the lazors) and I actually hoped there would be something like Perrin Detron or Perrin Castanas, but to real here - almost EVERYTHING in this game doesn't make sense. If Steel Meridian are grineer rebels, why did they get Marelok, an expensive and rarely carried by grineer pistol instead of Kraken, a cheap and pretty easy to get pistol? Cephalon Suda doesn't even use guns, it's an AI. Lol.

actually, Survivals and defenses are the easiest keys to get.

You guys got the harder to obtain keys.

The cestras and castanas are extremely good weapons idk what you are talking about.

All the ability augments suck so quit whining.

Easiest? If you say that just becouse Cerberus is more populated than let's say Draco (T4 ext-cap-mdef), then you're really wrong here.

Cestras are actually REALLY bad even with the additional 5 damage, crit chance and status chance. Castanas are good, but nowhere near top-tier, never said they're bad.

Mirages Hall of Malevolence is actually really good, same as Ashs Team Smoke Screen (like when facing Vor), Vaubans Tesla Link (trap doors, really fun to use too - at least USED to be fun to use), Heks Scattered Justice made it top-tier again, Burston Primes Gilded Truth makes it have a firerate of a fully-auto rifle, and these aren't even all. Get your facts right next time.

At this point I won't be leaving Hexis anytime soon, simply that I like their Truth effect. The toxin goes right through shields and is effective at taking care of most Grineer, plus it heals you.

Just so you know, Truth emits Gas damage, but leaves a Toxin dot after the effect. Just so you know.

Win some lose some dudes.

Look SM has the....

1) Worst Spectre

2) Straight up worst ability mod selection.

3) Extremely common T4 keys 

It's saving grace right now is the Vaylor Marelok and Scatter Justice.

And Justice being a rather fantastic proc.

Edited by fatpig84

Its not like u cant swap sydicates as much as u like, stop this whining. But on one thing i can agree, rakta ballistica is sh*t, just 4 more rounds and dont even have dmg buff lol

You want to farm for reputation when you are an enemy to Steel Meridian and a fraud to Arbiters of Hexis?

Its not like u cant swap sydicates as much as u like, stop this whining. But on one thing i can agree, rakta ballistica is sh*t, just 4 more rounds and dont even have dmg buff lol

I'm in the 4th rank of The Perrin Sequence, it took me 3 weeks to get to here. It means that I will need roughly 6-7 weeks to get an opposing Syndicate to it's 4th rank, so it's a PRETTY BIG PROJECT. Yes I could, but the times it would take is even longer than that of training skills in EVE Online.

Get your facts right next time.

I have scattered justice, and its nothing special fr is still slow and clip size is small and it does not make hek top tier at all. I even thave the burston prime augment and it just turns it into an ammo cruncher nothing more. May I add, these weapons are properly forma'd

If you think the cestras are bad you clearly just 30'd them and threw them away. Ash's smoke augment is short lived and to situational and wastes mod spot. Boobens tesla link was only good because all people do with him is stand still and press 4. This applies to all the ability augments they're sub par and they only change the dynamic a tiny bit.

I hate mirage so i cant make a proper judgment here.

All the syndcates are equal, its only because that your syndicates dont have the stuff that caters to you. That's why you made this post.

Edited by NudistBeach

But on one thing i can agree, rakta ballistica is sh*t, just 4 more rounds and dont even have dmg buff lol

According to the wiki, Rakta Ballistica does 100 damage - 4x more than the Ballistica.

Castanas are good, but nowhere near top-tier, never said they're bad.

Any weapon that, at full modding, can one-shot a level 35 Corrupted Heavy Gunner is top-tier in my eyes.

Rakta Ballistica needs a buff though.

Again, 4x the damage of the Ballistica.

Edited by Blackout751

According to the wiki, Rakta Ballistica does 100 damage - 4x more than the Ballistica.

Any weapon that, at full modding, can one-shot a level 35 Corrupted Heavy Gunner is top-tier in my eyes.

Again, 4x the damage of the Ballistica.

Sure, quote more people with misinformation.

Nxt time lrn2rd before trying to act smart.

oh and here, maybe a picture would help.

KQwAzXC.jpg

Edited by Oranji

So, DE said that they will use Syndicates to make more weapons/frames viable regarding other top tier weapons/frames, and they said they don't preffer any single Syndicate, but look at what we have - 

Arbiters of Hexis (Telos Akbolto) and Steel Meridian (Vaykor Marelok) got the best secondaries out of all Syndicates;

Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda have (pretty, arguable, but almost everybody agrees that this is true) the best augments;

Arbiters of Hexis have T4 survival keys (probably the most popular T4 void mission due to the very high chance of getting x5 R5 bundles every A and B rotation);

So what do we have here? Arbiters of Hexis rule the Syndicate system with Cephalon Suda being 2nd and Steel Meridian being 3rd, while the long forgotten Red Veil, The Perrin Sequence and New Loka have only 1 good augment each (Ashs Team Smoke Bomb, Vaubans Tesla Link (nerfed, woooooooo) and Hydroids Healing Puddle respectively) and sub-par weapons (Rakta Ballista (REALLY???), Secura Dual Cestra (EVEN MORE REALY???) and Sancti Castanas (going for these myself not because they're especially good, but because it feels like throwing sticky C4 that procs all elementals it has on itself - the most fun I could think of with any secondary in the game) respectively). 

DE, were you simply lying about the "no preffered Syndicates" part, or is this a beginning and they all will be balanced with each other as time goes on? Also, Tenno, what is YOUR opinion on this topic?

Keep it civil please (THAT MEANS NO FANBOYING)!

Many good points. but with the state of the game, it seems to be a WIP with hinted at future content(via devstream and posts by dev) that may shift the balance of power again. im willing to wait on this. the thing that really grinds my gears is the new boss and how ungodly impossible it is to get to it right now. but thats for another thread :D