The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Balancing

UnknownGunneryChief

I'm not whinning, just pointing out facts and possibly giving some newbies advice on which Syndicate to choose if they want to be either very strong or have fun and/or look cool. No hate, simple truth, but yeah, it would make sense if DE made the first 3 Syndicates OP (compared to Veil-Perrins-Loka), and then buff Veil-Perrin-Loka so they're better than the first 3 and - 

Wait, this is what I want. And it will never happen. sadface:<sadfacesampletext

Unfortunately that only means you're still wrong.

I'm well aware of that. Simply stating why I'm wrong.

Who cares where you find stuff. The point being MISINFORMATION.

Precisely. The wiki is misinformed when it's normally correct. Thus, instead of checking the validity of it because 99% of it is right - I quoted its information, which was wrong. Hence my original post and your (fairly aggressive) reply.

So, DE said that they will use Syndicates to make more weapons/frames viable regarding other top tier weapons/frames, and they said they don't preffer any single Syndicate, but look at what we have - 

Arbiters of Hexis (Telos Akbolto) and Steel Meridian (Vaykor Marelok) got the best secondaries out of all Syndicates;

Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda have (pretty, arguable, but almost everybody agrees that this is true) the best augments;

Arbiters of Hexis have T4 survival keys (probably the most popular T4 void mission due to the very high chance of getting x5 R5 bundles every A and B rotation);

So what do we have here? Arbiters of Hexis rule the Syndicate system with Cephalon Suda being 2nd and Steel Meridian being 3rd, while the long forgotten Red Veil, The Perrin Sequence and New Loka have only 1 good augment each (Ashs Team Smoke Bomb, Vaubans Tesla Link (nerfed, woooooooo) and Hydroids Healing Puddle respectively) and sub-par weapons (Rakta Ballista (REALLY???), Secura Dual Cestra (EVEN MORE REALY???) and Sancti Castanas (going for these myself not because they're especially good, but because it feels like throwing sticky C4 that procs all elementals it has on itself - the most fun I could think of with any secondary in the game) respectively). 

DE, were you simply lying about the "no preffered Syndicates" part, or is this a beginning and they all will be balanced with each other as time goes on? Also, Tenno, what is YOUR opinion on this topic?

Keep it civil please (THAT MEANS NO FANBOYING)!

You can't be serious...

• 2 weeks later...

Main Perrin, enjoyed my grinlok, nothing to complain.

Potatoed and tried all 6 syndicate secondaries. 

Marelok and Gammacor are both really good.

Akbolto and Cestra are good for those who are already used to the mechanism.

Castanas has that function and fun..

Ballistica needs a buff, seriously...

According to the wiki, Rakta Ballistica does 100 damage - 4x more than the Ballistica.

Any weapon that, at full modding, can one-shot a level 35 Corrupted Heavy Gunner is top-tier in my eyes.

Again, 4x the damage of the Ballistica.

Thats with a charged attack...

You are comparing 25 damage physical attack (normal) with 100 damage physical attack (charged). 

Both Rakta Ballistica and Normal Ballistica do the same damage if you look more carefully.

The wiki is not misinformed, you are. You just cant read.

From the wiki itself:

Comparison

• Rakta Ballistica, compared to the Ballistica:
    • Equal base damage.
      • Higher 18px-Impact_b.png Impact damage. (20 vs 2,5)
      • Lower 18px-Puncture_b.png Puncture damage. (2.5 vs 20)
    • Higher Firerate (16 vs 13) rounds/sec.
    • Larger magazine. (20 vs 16)
    • Innate Blight radial effect.
Edited by SOAP_Pmac