Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V Nav, Need To Be Fix Or Taken Out

prodavit

Honestly, designing a boss and then sticking it behind a grind wall that very few people are going to want to deal with more than they need to (get all the parts they need) just seems like a huge waste of all those developers' time. Why spend all that time designing a boss, just so that most players can ignore it. I sometimes run bosses just for fun. I never run Lephantis for fun, I never run Vay Hek for fun, and I will never run Nu-Alad V for fun.

Edit: If the key was reusable, you could probably avoid this completely.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Keysharing only works up to the point where someone leaves when it comes time to use their key so they free runs and god only knows we can't do anything about it since apparently that's not a reportable offense. 

it is not, you should consider only share keys with mates or friends.

I was at first a bit turned off by what I first saw with the nav coord thing then I did a keyshare with some clan mates and managed to get 2 out of 3 pieces in 3 runs and I felt better about it.  The only thing I think they should do is maybe make the nav coord infestations a bit more frequent.  Maybe they already are and im just missing them.....in any case, I personally think the method to get mesa is okay.

All you people who post that you're getting almost all of the parts in under 4-5 runs have totally invalid opinions.  You realize that right?

This game's RNG system is so completely broken that there will be literally thousands of other people who will have to run the boss at least 50 times in order to get all three parts.

It's a 100% guarantee, literally every frame/prime grind has had the same outcome:

A few hundred people who get the damn thing in a hat trick and go "It's fine you guys are just whining." and sound like total $&*^heads to everyone else.  (Seriously, why do you people bother posting at all?)

And the rest of us who now in addition to grinding until we want to kill ourselves have to sit around doing nothing waiting for RNG to decide to spawn RNG mission rewards, hope we're not having a life/sleeping at the time, and hope RNG boss-grind gives us three different parts at some point in the next 6 months.

This is stupid and needs to be fixed.  At least vay hek beacons can be farmed at all times, like, you know, when you want to play the game and get them.  This outbreak reward S#&$ is the most moronic thing I've seen in awhile.

Edited by SanguineXIII

I'd normally never do this but might I respectfully ask who at DE thought this was a good idea? I know somebody had to have been in the back of the room whispering that this was a bad idea. I think you guys need to listen to whoever that was from now on. 

Besides the obvious cash grab and the whole new level of absurdly disgusting grind requirements, I enjoyed the event. Enemies weren't all boring bullet sponges. (kinda)

New enemy types were interesting. (still seeing a bug that causes boiler pods to just sit forever and do nothing or just infinitely spawn enemies. {which is pretty funny}) 

Hopefully these types of threads don't continue to go ignored (lets be honest they are being ignored) and this problem is actually addressed. 

This is the 4th frame in a row that has had quiet quite frankly stupid requirements to get unless you pay. 

I'm probably alone in this but is anyone else getting really tired of Alad V? Like can we get one new person to hate?

It's like every time an event happens it's Alad V, Alad V : Part Deux, Alad V III : The Alading, The Return of Alad V, Not Nnother Alad V Event.

Lotus, is clearly in love with Alad she is obviously disabling our frames just as we're about to kill him every single time. Just make out already, GOSH!   

Minimum DE could do is make bosses like mutalist alad and vay hek at least drop 1 of their nav coord or becons upon their death.

So every time you kill them, you get a help to revisit them.

edit:

would also be great to transform repeated frame parts into these nav coords or beacons.

Edited by 7grims

I wouldn't mind the grind---that's how I did Hydroid, and I started the beacon farm back before they fixed it when it took 70 million runs to get the delta beacons---if the lousy missions actually *gave* you the nav coordinates when you did your 3 runs. Today wasn't so bad---Gamgyn was only an easy exterminate---but Stephano yesterday ran with a lot of lag, and it was the tile set you may remember from Kappa when we were all farming Oxium: mobbed by enemies at two MD terminals, then an Orokin pod turns up and you defend that. 3 times. No Nav Coordinate on either run. My son, who's a founding member, still hasn't figured out how to make Mesa's ult work, and at his level of skill and experience, if he can't make something work, it's bugged. I was hoping the hotfix would address this, but apparently not.

I wouldn't be so angry but after running Stephano and seeing no exit reward and no email with the nav coord as attachment, I ran the Eris Survival Mission of Doom with an experienced group that planned and developed an actual strategy. It was good. We extracted just after 30 min---but several of us noticed that the O2 supply froze at 30% and the time likewise froze at 29 min 45 sec. I ran multiple times today to help a friend get first Tethra and then the event mods, and the issue with you not getting mods if you're down at the time of extraction does still seem to be active. If DE planned it this way, where is some statement explaining this? If we're on day 5 of a 5-day event with the number of complaints I've seen, why is no fix available?

So for me, not so much the grind (I did get lucky with Hydroid and got all parts in the minimum number of runs---then took clanmates back with my extra keys because they needed parts. Hek is actually pretty funny, and I like the run).as bugs that go reported and endured but don't appear to be fixed. It's been this way since Tethra's Doom, and it makes DE seem a little less touchy-feely than their commitment to FtP would suggest. (And yes, I've turned in support tickets.)

Have mentioned this elsewhere. I did Gamgyn today (easy) and Stephano yesterday (OMG---rememer Oxium farming on Kappa?) AND HAVE NOT YET GOTTEN THE PROMISED NAV COORD. Am I misunderstanding and it's *not* just an exit reward? Is there still an RNG factor and you might or might not get it? Am I the only one who's running these missions and not getting the nav coords? Help?

And lols on Grumpy Cat!

YEAH! F*** THIS MISSION, F*** IT TO HELL DE CAN EAT MY S#&$!

charming.

He has a point, DE is keep pushing this kinda scam. other than just making Salad V a boss on eris that everyone can get to anytime they pull this trick trick that they pull with newer things in the game and that is more grinding.

Its easy to see what they are trying to do. They are trying to force people to play more warframe and spend more time in the game.

The problem is that there's a certain point were player will just not do the mission. I miss when we can just farm easy to get to bosses for the parts.

This kinda Play DE is pulling might discourage new players who might not be into hardcore gaming.

other problem is this kind of repetitive grinding make the game less fun. I am so tired of fighting RUK for O cell, and Alad V for sensor

Edited by prodavit

He has a point, DE is keep pushing this kinda scam. other than just making Salad V a boss on eris that everyone can get to anytime they pull this trick trick that they pull with newer things in the game and that is more grinding.

Its easy to see what they are trying to do. They are trying to force people to play more warframe and spend more time in the game.

The problem is that there's a certain point were player will just not do the mission. I miss when we can just farm easy to get to bosses for the parts.

This kinda Play DE is pulling might discourage new players who might not be into hardcore gaming.

other problem is this kind of repetitive grinding make the game less fun. I am so tired of fighting RUK for O cell, and Alad V for sensor

Trivial starchart boss grind? People complain about nothing to do as they have everything.

Put it behind a mild grind wall which is drastically lower with co-op? People complain about the grind.

DE cannot do any right by all.

(I speak as a person who grinded and got mesa, have two spare nav keys too to help clanmates later on. Took me 2 of my own keys in 2 key shares, got all the parts in 7 runs.)

Honestly, if they took out the multiple RNG layers and you always received a Mesa part you need ... I almost wouldn't care about the difficulty of getting waiting for salad navs to appear.

This might be interpreted negatively, but on the off chance productive thought comes out of it ...

http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/why-patching-too-often-is-bad-idea.html

http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/why-free-to-play-games-are-inherently.html

http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/why-good-matchmaking-requires-enormous.html

I see these three topics working together against Mutalist Alad V missions, with the rapid patching pace meaning we aren't looking at a mostly fresh (or refreshed) line of content in the process of acquiring the key, disgruntlement in the opinion that "DE is doing this to make players buy more platinum", and cutting down the number of potential squad mates unless you have the key.

Interestingly, I've seen a number of players with keys refuse to do the mission with anyone that won't / can't say they also have a key.

Edited by Novocrane

IIRC the Eris boss is going to be the new golem. Giving the planet two bosses doesn't seem right. And bosses being behind quest walls is nice, the issue is that Nu-Salad's quest requires components that you can't just grind for whenever you want.

Anyway, whether or not that person had a point is irrelevant, their delivery was completely against forum rules.

Trivial starchart boss grind? People complain about nothing to do as they have everything.

Put it behind a mild grind wall which is drastically lower with co-op? People complain about the grind.

DE cannot do any right by all.

(I speak as a person who grinded and got mesa, have two spare nav keys too to help clanmates later on. Took me 2 of my own keys in 2 key shares, got all the parts in 7 runs.)

The Walls blocking mesa from the average player's hands are not mild. You have to deal with three RNG walls (the invasion nodes spawning), three grind walls (doing the invasion mission thrice before the node ends x 3), and then after all that you then have to play the actual mission and hope your part drops. No, the possibility of keyshares doesn't make it all right. Some players are pure solo and do not want to run keyshares (and don't have any trusted friends who they can be sure aren't just going to leech their key). Even with a full squad of people being ultra diligent and getting every nav coord invasion reward there is still the chance that you will do 20+ runs and never see that one part you need. Your good fortune doesn't erase the fact that RNG dictates what parts you get. Your argument is about as sound as me saying that void drop rates were perfectly fine because you could do keyshares and/or trade for the missing parts. Rather than spend a month hoping to get the coords I'd rather just spend that time working and use some of the left over income to purchase her (as I did) for platinum.

Interestingly, I've seen a number of players with keys refuse to do the mission with anyone that won't / can't say they also have a key.

How is this interesting? 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

The Walls blocking mesa from the average player's hands are not mild. You have to deal with three RNG walls (the invasion nodes spawning), three grind walls (doing the invasion mission thrice before the node ends x 3), and then after all that you then have to play the actual mission and hope your part drops. No, the possibility of keyshares doesn't make it all right. Some players are pure solo and do not want to run keyshares (and don't have any trusted friends who they can be sure aren't just going to leech their key). Even with a full squad of people being ultra diligent and getting every nav coord invasion reward there is still the chance that you will do 20+ runs and never see that one part you need. Your good fortune doesn't erase the fact that RNG dictates what parts you get. Your argument is about as sound as me saying that void drop rates were perfectly fine because you could do keyshares and/or trade for the missing parts. Rather than spend a month hoping to get the coords I'd rather just spend that time working and use some of the left over income to purchase her (as I did) for platinum.

If someone wants to solo it then meh. Why not ask for a new blueprint for Alad V which is a time sensitive key? You cannot use said key if you are in a group, you have to be in 'Solo' for it to work. The cost in exchange is 1 nav core? I have yet to see someone suggest this. A full key costs 3 nav Cores yet can be used to coordinate 4 tenno, 1 Nav for a single doesn't seem unfair to me.

As for the invasions, doing it three times takes 15 minutes in total, they are short as heck, at most they take a half an hour per nav core, which is again balanced for the maximum of four tenno per trip, which means if a team of 3 friends work together, every time a nav core is possible, that's another run for them, I see this as balanced.

How is this interesting? 

It's interesting from the perspective of watching the consequences of game dev choices in effect.

As a player, I can say being part of that experience on either end is 100% not interesting to me, particularly compared to the relatively friendly and open experiences had earlier on with new boss missions.

Edited by Novocrane

honestly it would be way better if they make it so you only need to use one cor per key. that would be way more manageable for players who do not wish to pay for the game and at the sometime make it so alad V boss a bit more difficult to access.

I realize that some fan boy will defend this game even if DE make it so that you can only farm one coordinate a year.

I also understand that some players want to be able to separated them self from the noobs in this game but what the point when one can just buy the frame or buy the nav cor with real money.

the only thing I like about this new alad V boss system is that I can make platinum on nav cor by selling them.

Edited by prodavit

More than once i did missions for nav core, but it expired before i finish all the runs needed (all players go into it and it ends too fast).

I will wait they redo this new content playing something else, cause is not well balanced at this time.

I hate bosses hidden on a key wall.

and all 3 the mutalist Alad V is the worst key to make.

more than a week and I only killed him once and only because two other friends give me ther nav to make the key.

put the navs as drop from crates in Eris and every body is happy!

If someone wants to solo it then meh. Why not ask for a new blueprint for Alad V which is a time sensitive key? You cannot use said key if you are in a group, you have to be in 'Solo' for it to work. The cost in exchange is 1 nav core? I have yet to see someone suggest this. A full key costs 3 nav Cores yet can be used to coordinate 4 tenno, 1 Nav for a single doesn't seem unfair to me.

As for the invasions, doing it three times takes 15 minutes in total, they are short as heck, at most they take a half an hour per nav core, which is again balanced for the maximum of four tenno per trip, which means if a team of 3 friends work together, every time a nav core is possible, that's another run for them, I see this as balanced.

Why ask for a key that still requires that we deal with this annoying luck-based grind wall? I'd rather DE just go and make a quest for this frame, like they did with the previous two frames.

15-30 minutes AND you have to be lucky enough to be playing when they pop up or have someone tell you. A survival one popped up earlier, but I couldn't do it because I had to get to work. Their means of acquisition shouldn't be balanced around the number of people who can be in one run. That doesn't even make sense. What if I don't have three friends who play this game? Did you ever think of that? Where you see balance, I see terrible game design. I wouldn't have been nearly this upset with this if not for DE showing us that they know how to make things better (frame quests). DE showed us a glimpse of good before falling back to this crap.

What if I don't have three friends who play this game? Did you ever think of that?

Then you are consigned to the purgatory that is hanging around in chat-based squad recruiting, stuck beyond actually playing the game, but not forced into the fire and brimstone of the trading tab.