Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Malicious Intent?

ToolboxMotley

Ancient Disruptors killing your energy...

Parasitic Eximus enemies doing the same...

Tar Moas killing your speed...

Swarm Moas killing your vision...

Moas leaping away when you get near...

Moas throwing you around with their stomps...

Arson Eximus enemies throwing you around as well...

Ospreys killing your melee combos...

Ancient Healers killing your damage output and hiding where you can't see them...

An event reward at 30 minutes, right smack dab at the right point to make Rotation C farming as inefficient as possible when running in Public Matchmaking...

And a reward chance that feels like it's a fraction of a percent at best.

How utterly malevolent does one have to be to concoct such a thing? Lure people in with the possibility of Tethra mods, and then ensure that the experience is as INFURIATING as possible? I'm not about to quit the game over it, but I will absolutely admit that I'm so burnt out on this garbage that I'm about ready to take a nice, long break.

EDIT: As a note, this isn't a complaint about difficulty. The difficulty is fine where it's at, and when you know what you're doing and/or use the right tools (Warframes) for the job, it's honestly rather easy. But even when made easy, all of the previous mechanics in tandem are incredibly frustrating, and enduring them for hours at a time in the endeavor to acquire Tethra mods is simply ridiculous.

Edited by ToolboxMotley

The new Infested are tough, but they are definitely doable with a good team and well-modded weapons, though I do see them being an issue for newer players.

I definitely have to agree with how the Tethra mods are given out.

Nobody said anything about it not being doable.

I have to agree with OP though. This new event doesn't feel like an event at all. Feels like your usual grinding stuff, with an "event" tag slapped on it.

I'm just going to throw this out there.

Valkyr is invincible.

The devs have two options, nerf Valkyr's Hysteria, or create inspired enemies that provide challenges that can hold up to invinci-kitty. Thankfully, they've gone with the latter, so don't complain too much.

There are problematic powers besides Valkyr's, but with such outrageous powers, it's almost impossible to balance enemies to provide a challenge without making them seem "malicious".

The survival was not that infuriating imo. I had a Valkyr, Nekros, Vauban and Nyx on my team, and it went pretty darn well. Your team composition needs to be very good however, so most random groups won't work.

just because it didnt happen to you dosent mean it dont exist. try getting stun raped in a corner for a min straight. totatly "fun"

It's not an issue of difficulty, it's an issue of frustration. It's easy enough to deal with each of them, they don't turn the tide and cause the run to fail, but they're obnoxious to deal with for four straight hours when you're operating with knowledge of the FACT that you won't get the mod you're after. It's disgusting.

My friend and I together were able to beat the 30-minute survival just tonight. It took us one attempt with a team of Rhino Prime and Nova. We used multiple energy, ammo and health restores, and though we got downed a few times each, we never used a revive. It was some of the toughest 30 minutes of our gameplay we've had in quite some time and some panic happened as we neared the end. It took a little luck and a lot of good shooting.

That said, we didn't see a single Tethra mod, but we really weren't going for them.

This is by no means an easy task, I could see trying to mod farm against all of the EVERYTHING happening on-screen getting...discouraging. I don't see it as the devs mocking anybody, really. I guess they thought having a chance (however small it may be) at some highly sought-after mods would sweeten the deal. It's little comfort if you never see them, though.

Edited by DLVargas

Soloed the survival with a Loki. Took me a few tries but never gotten a single Tethra mod from a single run. The drop rates for the Tethra mods are abysmal really. I really hope that these Tethera mods are not going to be re-released this way permanently so the people who missed the original event and those who were screwed over by RNG get a fair chance to get them. Maybe off a boss or something like Tyl Regor who is seemingly getting a rework.

And yeah event was grindy. First kill a bunch of enemies from specific alert missions then go do a survival for at least 30 min and then repeat the survival a million times to attempt to get the Tethera mods.

Edited by nickelshark

I'm just going to throw this out there.

Valkyr is invincible.

The devs have two options, nerf Valkyr's Hysteria, or create inspired enemies that provide challenges that can hold up to invinci-kitty. Thankfully, they've gone with the latter, so don't complain too much.

There are problematic powers besides Valkyr's, but with such outrageous powers, it's almost impossible to balance enemies to provide a challenge without making them seem "malicious".

I'd rather they go with the former but give it a reasonable buff to offset the loss in survivability. That way the rest of the way less tanky frames don't end up suffering.

Edit: Also, all this complaining over drop rates makes me incredibly happy that I got the Tethra mods during their respective event.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I've done the event survival with ease, using Nova, my friend had Vauban. But, well... it was kinda exploiting. We were just pressing 2 and 4 and shooting Vortexes from time to time.

Then I tried to do it solo with Ember. No can do. I was CC-ed 90% of the time, so I lived for like 5 minutes and ragequitted :<

Being pulled by unavoidable hooks (they seem to miss me only when I roll, wallrun, or hide behind tall cover) was frustrating enough on it's own but now I also am slowed down, blinded and roflstomped by moas. Add to this damage reducing aura of healers and you have a really bad gameplay. I think I will avoid infested missions for a long time.

Survival is tough but not impossible.

However, it's one giant unfair clusterfuck. Like really, getting sniped by a damn Ancient Hooker through a wall, dragged into a puddle of tar with visibility severely reduced by a swarm of bees... It is demanding, I give you that, but it's A BIT too much. Especially when host machine has severe performance issues (and the host WILL have random drops to sub 5FPS for NO reason).

To be fair it isn't even though...

Things keep being bearable until 35 even for the average party. The annoying part is that you need a Nekros for the event to not be a frustrating hope for personal Life Support. And that the map is more fit for an Extermination than for a Survival.

You can, anyway, stop at 20 and leave. Rinse and repeat. It's the more efficient way to farm the Tethra given that Rotation C has always the same chances.

Obviously, some 'frames are left out from the games. But peace, guess I'll be forced to run more Rhino and less Ash for the time being.

Let's make event mods drop by a whimpy that 100% show up in every t4 mission and drop a mod 100% of the time. They might as well give the mod away upon login. 30 minute is the bare minimal for end game. I don't think it's that hard once you loaded up your frame with end game mod and weapon. Maybe you're not prepare to earn this mod. Not everything need to open up to new player. 

It's been that way since the very start of survival mission. You absolutely need a Nekros to venture past 20 min gameplay. It's nothing new, not that I agree with it.

To be fair it isn't even though...

Things keep being bearable until 35 even for the average party. The annoying part is that you need a Nekros for the event to not be a frustrating hope for personal Life Support. And that the map is more fit for an Extermination than for a Survival.

You can, anyway, stop at 20 and leave. Rinse and repeat. It's the more efficient way to farm the Tethra given that Rotation C has always the same chances.

Obviously, some 'frames are left out from the games. But peace, guess I'll be forced to run more Rhino and less Ash for the time being.

Edited by Neogeo

Well... Oberon hallowed ground spam prevents all forms of crowd control (knockdowns and status procs) also free armor.

Trinity Instant heals and infinite energy. Tankest lobster you got around.

Neckros bountiful life support, fear and agro drawing clones. Soul punches people back into the fight.

Nova, everything is a snail... and a walking bomb.

Is it really that difficult? Just co-ordinate a little ?

Eh it really isn't nearly as bad as some of you have said, otherwise I would have quit in frustration long ago but after around 25+ runs of it, I'm still having fun farming for Tethras. The RNG itself is not fun but the mission is,

And you really don't absolutely need Nekros to get past 20 minutes. The main thing people do wrong is that they spread out to far from each other which dilutes the spawn rate which means less chance for personal LS. Also, people wander too far from the LS pods and so they waste time running back and forth activating them. 

It's not the difficulty. It's not the challenge. It's the futility. You spend hours and hours and hours doing the same aggravating thing with nothing to show for it but a couple hundred Capture II keys. Difficulty is perfectly fine, what this is is grind incarnate.

"You can, anyway, stop at 20 and leave." That's what I do when I go at it solo. When I get sick of that, I tend to take unleveled weapons into Public matchmaking so that I can at least get SOMETHING out of the mission, and there's generally at least one person there shooting for the half-hour reward, so the mission goes to that point instead.

And you hardly need a Nekros. So long as people don't spread out and make the spawns go wonky, life support isn't a big issue. Nor is surviving. Again, as stated, and as those who have decided their time is best spent being condescending in this thread have ignored, it's an issue of spending all that time doing the mission over and over and over and over and over again, with all the little annoyances tacked on top, with absolutely nothing of worth to show for it.

EDIT: Removed some elitist-insulting. I'm usually a nice person, I swear. This event is just ticking me off.

Edited by ToolboxMotley

Lots of elitists that don't like to read, here, it seems.

It's not the difficulty. It's not the challenge. It's the futility. You spend hours and hours and hours doing the same aggravating thing with nothing to show for it but a couple hundred Capture II keys. Difficulty is perfectly fine, what this is is grind incarnate.

"You can, anyway, stop at 20 and leave." That's what I do when I go at it solo. When I get sick of that, I tend to take unleveled weapons into Public matchmaking so that I can at least get SOMETHING out of the mission, and there's generally at least one person there shooting for the half-hour reward, so the mission goes to that point instead.

And you hardly need a Nekros; if you're going to be a self-important elitist, at least do it right. So long as people don't spread out and make the spawns go wonky, life support isn't a big issue. Nor is surviving. Again, as stated, and as those who have decided their time is best spent being condescending in this thread have ignored, it's an issue of spending all that time doing the mission over and over and over and over and over again, with all the little annoyances tacked on top, with absolutely nothing of worth to show for it.

So disagreeing with you on the difficulty warrants you to call people "elitists"? You didn't see me calling you "scrub" or insulting anyone did you? I even went out of my way to offer some tips to help people.

How about you put your fragile little ego aside and maybe accept the possibility that you CAN improve and have a better time of it if you listened to what help others might have instead of calling them elitists and sticking your fingers in your ears?

Edited by EetNotErn

Seems I was too late with my edit. First off, I wasn't addressing you at all. I wrote the post with Navarian and Neogeo in mind, as they are trying to make it sound as though the complaint is about the difficulty and an appeal to laziness, which it isn't. There's nothing to improve on, here, the mission is already easy and I don't need tips on how to clear it. The complaint is about the pathetic drop rate paired with the plethora of intentionally-obnoxious enemy mechanics that, I reiterate, are not a matter of difficulty, and I reiterate again because it keeps getting overlooked, ARE NOT A MATTER OF DIFFICULTY.

I swear to God I'm usually as courteous and patient as can be, but this ridiculous event has EATEN all the patience I had to give for this month.

Edited by ToolboxMotley

Eh no harm done then. But to be fair, when you list a bunch of enemy mechanics that add difficulty to the game and complain about them, it's very easy for people to think you're complaining about the difficulty rather than the annoyance of them. Some might not even agree with the distinction even if you point it out.  Because it's a debatable topic.

Edited by EetNotErn