Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gammacor - Terrific Design

Pizzarugi

Gammacor:

Increased damage dealt in beam per second.

Increased fire rate of beam.

Reduced ammo consumption.

Increased Magnetic damage from 30 to 42

Increased proc chance from 10% to 20%.

Increased Ammo Capacity and Clip Size to 375 and 75 respectively.

Think these changes also affect the Synoid Gammacor.

What do you think, good enough changes to make it an all right weapon or does it still need changes?

I believe most of those changes apply to the Synoid Gammacor, the regular one still has 50 clip size, 5% crit and status chance, but I do love that regular Gammacor now has 50 base damage.

Now I'm actually hyped to get Synoid once I get 100k favor.

So I barely managed to scrape up 100k favor (had to use syndicate missions to get the little bit I needed) and managed to purchase the Synoid Gammacor. Leveled it up a bit and put in a potato too. Its already doing 1k damage just by having maxed hornet strike and barrel diffusion!

Really glad DE buffed it!

Edited by Pizzarugi

I'm bumping this thread because I'm changing the theme of the thread from a feedback about terrible stats (since DE buffed the weapons) to a feedback about the fantastic look of the weapon.

I've requested a mod clean up the thread to reflect this change.

Edited by Pizzarugi

As of December 1st, Gammacor has been buffed and the Synoid version is now an extremely viable weapon. I'm converting this thread from a feedback about its once-terrible damage into a feedback discussion about its design.

I really do love the look of the Gammacor, it has an almost alien appearance to it that nowhere near fits the Corpus theme. It has a sleek shape and a very sci-fi way of wielding it without actually holding it. The reloading animation is also rather well done and so is the (un)holstering animations. Honestly, I'm really hoping DE continues making future weapons that look this awesome.

What do you guys think?

Maybe it's not a Corpus Weapon. Maybe it's something else.

Anyway, it doesn't look bad to me. I kinda like it.

I agree. I'd like to imagine its mostly Orokin, a piece of old tech that was discarded to prevent the Sentients from using it against them. I mean, it is the most advanced looking weapon in the game so far, and lore has mentioned that the Sentients were always using Orokin technology against them, forcing them to go back to basics (kinetic weapons and blades) to combat the threat.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Hmm, I was thinking if you drop gunslinger and put in an ice mod, you can have blast. If you have the ice+status hybrid, it would significantly improve your proc rate.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Okay, DE, Suda, I now love you both again, I wavered there for a minute, and I still don't love beam weapons, but this is a beautifully designed, no longer painfully bad weapon......... plus, floating cephalon bananas........sooooooo cool!

It's definitely Tenno. It shares all the same design cues as tenno stuff, but the reason it looks so funky is because it's not a weapon.

Tenno weapons are all totally mechanical, they don't have any "technology" in them. Sentients could subvert tech. It's an analysis device and not a weapon, so it doesn't need to be just mechanical. 

It's definitely Tenno. It shares all the same design cues as tenno stuff, but the reason it looks so funky is because it's not a weapon.

Tenno weapons are all totally mechanical, they don't have any "technology" in them. Sentients could subvert tech. It's an analysis device and not a weapon, so it doesn't need to be just mechanical. 

That's until Cephalon Suda came along and turned it into a weapon. :P