Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Is Stronger: Sybaris Or Tiberon?

ArkNeither

Question

I'm trying to decide whether the Sybaris is stronger or Tiberon.

Right now I have a Sybaris and I'm wondering whether to get rid of it for the Tiberon. I'm fairly limited in weapon slots and they seem pretty similar so I feel like I don't need both.

I'm mostly concerned with damage per trigger pull, the Tiberon wins out in raw damage, but the Sybaris has crits so I'm not sure.

I like to use the Sybaris as a mid point between a sniper rifle and a machine gun; kinda like when I want to deal accurate hard hitting shots but I don't want the slow single target feature of a sniper rifle; I imagine the Tiberon serves a similar purpose.

Does anyone have experience with both and is able to tell me whether one is notably stronger over the other, i.e. which would you rather bring into a hard mission? (if you had to bring one or the other lol and not a Boltor Prime or Paris Prime)

If the difference really is negligible then I'll decide based off of aesthetics.

12 answers to this question

I think you should decide based on aesthetics they are both very good looking weapons but also very different, and they perform similarly, in my case i prefer the Tiberon although my Sybaris has like 4 forma on it already, but i already put 5 on Tiberon, the only "advantage" that comes to mind now is that Tiberon is probably better than Sybaris in Dark Sectors PvP considering that during early stages of pvp you don't have the crit mods enabled, but Tiberon hits hard from the start, and imo it's the most beautiful weapon of the entire game : D, at least for my taste off course.

Edited by Orbister

I've had the Tiberon since it came out and think its a great weapon, both aesthetically and functionally. I recently picked up the Sybaris as well and had enough fun with ranking it up that I've put a potato on it like the Tiberon. While I haven't gotten to Forma the Sybaris yet, to me they feel like they are at slightly different point on a scale from high damage per shot, to high fire rate, with Tiberon shooting more bullets, while the Sybaris does more damage per trigger pull.

If you like this kind of rifle I would recommend just getting both if you can, I find that having choice is better when it comes to your favourite weapon type than having just 'the best'.

"fairly limited on weapon slots".... why is it such a bother for people to go play some void missions and i guarantee you that out of 5 runs you will get something that can support your 12 plats, or sell all the "worthless" rewards in a bunch for 12 plats, really...

"fairly limited on weapon slots".... why is it such a bother for people to go play some void missions and i guarantee you that out of 5 runs you will get something that can support your 12 plats, or sell all the "worthless" rewards in a bunch for 12 plats, really...

The OP asked a question and explained their situation, not for advice about their platinum economical situation. 

And regarding the Sybaris versus Tiberon question: The Sybaris seems to support a higher per-pull damage than the Tiberon is able to achieve, but is it worth having to reload after every fifth trigger pull? I did manage to get a higher damage per trigger pull with the Sybaris while using the Warframe Builder, so if that's exclusively what you're looking for, that'd be what you want.

sybaris is stronger.   The extreme crit chance and multiplier mean most shots will crit.  At 5.5 multiplier, on nearly every trigger pull, you are going to see over 10k hits regularly and can one-shot all but the toughest enemy in the game. 

The gun is poor against large groups, but that is true for both of these weapons.  You simply spend too much time reloading when fighting the really big waves like defense ... you need a full auto for the horde or a team where you are picking off the tough guys and ignoring the little ones. 

sybaris can become a sniper rifle, with a zoom and silence mod you can headshot kill from long range.  It can be a shotgun -- lacking the aoe but performing similar with a low capacity, hard hitting boom that works well at any range.   Its a flexible, powerful weapon. 

Tib is nice but its effectively the same thing with a lower damage output.  It simply cannot compete with the crits of a properly built sy. 

Sybaris hits harder on average, but has the potential to hit for less when you get some bad RNG - most crit based semi-auto or burst fire weapons suffer from this drawback. Sybaris has a higher chance to not proc multishot and a more severe punishment from not critting than the Tiberon.

As a crit weapon, Sybaris also gains a huge damage increase from making headshots.

Basically, Sybaris is the harder hitting weapon and the one I'd choose for harder content. But when looking for consistency (*1 trigger pull = 1 kill) the Tiberon is a more solid choice.