Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive - Bounce Off, Or Cut Through?

Quetzhal

As the title says. Currently - at least from what I've experienced - the glaive deflects off of enemies you hit with it, cutting them in half and then moving on in its path. I have no idea if kills can be chained in this way, though I assume so - it's just difficult to pull off.

I feel that the glaive cutting right through enemies and only bouncing off of walls might be a worthwhile change, to improve the overall feel of the weapon. Unfortunately, this might also make it overpowered. Perhaps a mod? I didn't see any mention of new mods, but maybe one was stealth-added?

Any thoughts and/or knowledge?

(On the other hand, deflecting off of enemies can make it do a lot of damage if you aim it right, so it might just be one of those mods that change how the Glaive is played. Or even a skin, to make the glaive look heavier and more dangerous as well? Like the one you see in the female Ash concept?)

I'm sure they will introduce more throwing weapons in the future, possible different sized/shaped glaives, possibly more generic "ninja stars."  I'm pretty sure they didn't go through the trouble to code a new type of projectile without thinking about making it into a new category of weapons.

tl;dr - Glaive sucks, but only because of the bounce. Make it go in a line please.

I am majorly disappointed at the Glaive as a weapon. And only because of the ricocheting effect. I can tolerate the fact you can't melee or throw more glaives while your current one is in flight... but only if the glaive continued to cut through people in a straight line. It's extremely hard to even hit two guys with one charged throw. So you throw it at one guy and flies in the opposite direction of the rest... which then you wait and wait while it bounces around before slowly flying back. Then you finally can do another... only to kill ONE more guy, two if your super lucky, and three is out right out of the question.