Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glaive Is Fraking Fun!

Sni7ch

I know there is some Glaive hating because of lack of blueprint, but it is really fun! It is worth the 10 bucks. Plus you are supporting this game. 

What is better than the Glaive ricocheting off a wall and hitting a MOA in the head? 

What is better than the Glaive ricocheting off a wall and hitting a MOA in the head? 

Riding a MOA painted like a zebra, throwing Fragors at everything, while doing Saryn's ulti R34 style.

Edited by Rixxie

You're making me jealous now :(

Voidstalker to be fair, the novelty of this weapon (ricochet, charge, not a typical melee weapon) could go way with time. I only have about 50 kills with it so far and at high difficulties it is problematic with large groups. Fragors are still awesome. Cheers?

The (probably) best weapon in the game and yet can't get it. I feel that I won't stay in this game for long if more awesome weapons becomes like that. First trowing melee and they make it alerts only.

Really dissapointing.

Sorry what? If the bp was available in market it would be a high ranked item and then we would have people complaining that it is only available to those who sink multiple hours into the game. I think it is a good thing that it is an alert only weapon, although i am fairly ashamed that this one of the few alert only weapon available in the plat shop after gaining so much hype. It means that not everyone will get it straight away and shows it's a high end item. I myself refuse to buy it with plat as that defeats the object of the game for me.

To me, what you seem to be saying is "it looks nice, i want it now or i'm out". Not a good mentality if you ask me. It's not like we get 3 or 4 or more ? alerts a day and with around 40 ? items and therefore we will probably have a chance to attain it fairly soon.... And knowing DE if people complain like this enough threatening to leave, they will just do an extended alert at the end of the next livestream, meaning everyone gets it and therefore loses that special "rare" feeling.

Edited by TunaMayo

To be fair Gryph they can't make everything market available even if it is a BP.  If they did what point would there be in even having a Platinum currency.  This ensures people who want it can earn it or they will receive some income from platinum purchases for it which in a F2P keeps the lights on.  I am disappointed I buy the BP and start it immediately but at the same time it's nice to have something to work towards.

Glaive is good at it high damage and ability to deal headshots.

But it's really weak against groups.

Glaive deal as much damage as would Furax do, but have bonus against infested. Althought Furax have higher DPS with a point damage.

We basically pay some speed into extra range.

Glaive got some boosts:

Only weapon on distances when run out of ammor - help when you are on shootout with grineers. Also save some bullets to Paris if you deal with single enemy (as any other melee).

Great damage from safe position - since it throwable you can get some headshots. On top of that you can throw it from cover and even use block while it flying around.

Also it have 2 polarity slots - Attack and Tactic(V and --), both fitting for charge speed and damage.

Overall - it's a good and fun weapon. It will pay up highly for one who learn how to use it properly. But it's really unpredictable and can just put you in danger if use it all the time, so regular melee is much better for use.

But still it's a good weapon.

P.s. - i never played Dark Sector.

Glaive is good at it high damage and ability to deal headshots.

But it's really weak against groups.

Glaive deal as much damage as would Furax do, but have bonus against infested. Althought Furax have higher DPS with a point damage.

We basically pay some speed into extra range.

Glaive got some boosts:

Only weapon on distances when run out of ammor - help when you are on shootout with grineers. Also save some bullets to Paris if you deal with single enemy (as any other melee).

Great damage from safe position - since it throwable you can get some headshots. On top of that you can throw it from cover and even use block while it flying around.

Also it have 2 polarity slots - Attack and Tactic(V and --), both fitting for charge speed and damage.

Overall - it's a good and fun weapon. It will pay up highly for one who learn how to use it properly. But it's really unpredictable and can just put you in danger if use it all the time, so regular melee is much better for use.

But still it's a good weapon.

P.s. - i never played Dark Sector.

Can you comment on using the return animation of the glaive cutting through multiple enemies (ie, infested). 

Is their reduced damage on richochets?

Can you direct the movement arc of the glaive by moving the warframe or does the weapon move in a line?

Sorry I can't play right now and am really interested in this weapon.

Damage is always same, no reduction , but richochet is highly unpredictable.

You can't predict what route Glaive will come back.

It can hit 1 single bit and fly upward, then it will return by arc above enemy heads, or go somewhat 5 inches to the left from them.

When it retrieve, it can take several enemies, but it always takes weird routes.

Infested showed worst killing rate with it. Grineers were best, tho.

Once i threw Glaive into peek-a-boo Lancer behind barrel, in room with about 4-5 others hiding and turn around to kill Grineers comming from behind. I don't know what route did it take, but it killed 3 grineers behind me, all were in different cover, not in a line.

You can change it arc a little by moving, but sometimes it can go through floor when return, or fly through walls, so it's no use to "control" it. One way i noticed is to go opposite way from Glaive when you throw it. It will try look for retrieve route before going through all obstacles.

Glaive always comming back to same hand. That's probably only way to control it arc.

Edited by Norouh

It can hit 1 single bit and fly upward, then it will return by arc above enemy heads, or go somewhat 5 inches to the left from them.

When it retrieve, it can take several enemies, but it always takes weird routes.

Once i threw Glaive into peek-a-boo Lancer behind barrel, in room with about 4-5 others hiding and turn around to kill Grineers comming from behind. I don't know what route did it take, but it killed 3 grineers behind me, all were in different cover, not in a line.

You can change it arc a little by moving, but sometimes it can go through floor when return, or fly through walls, so it's no use to "control" it. One way i noticed is to go opposite way from Glaive when you throw it. It will try look for retrieve route before going through all obstacles.

Glaive always comming back to same hand. That's probably only way to control it arc.

Cheers for the info!

This weapon largely reminds me of the throwing disc from Predator however it cannot track targets and it has serious issues going through targets.

Ideally this weapon should have a really high puncture so that it can carve its way through enemies AND allies - This thing will bounce off friendlys who get in the way

Putting in a single target track so that it will always hit at least one target would be sensible as well.

Additionally - I wouldnt mind a dual version of these so that people can throw one but still have one for melee fighting or even throw both

Alternatively - make a pistol / rifle slot version of the Glaive which has a tracking / puncture addition. Call it a Chakram: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakram

Don't actually hit anything, not even the walls.  It's easy to predict then, albeit situational.

Wondering what people think about if they reduced or removed the ricochet on enemies (but kept the ricochet on environment - that is at least slightly predictable).

Edited by Thor

This weapon largely reminds me of the throwing disc from Predator however it cannot track targets and it has serious issues going through targets.

Ideally this weapon should have a really high puncture so that it can carve its way through enemies AND allies - This thing will bounce off friendlys who get in the way

Putting in a single target track so that it will always hit at least one target would be sensible as well.

Additionally - I wouldnt mind a dual version of these so that people can throw one but still have one for melee fighting or even throw both

Alternatively - make a pistol / rifle slot version of the Glaive which has a tracking / puncture addition. Call it a Chakram: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakram

The Glaive does have a very slight tracking ability. If you throw it directly at an enemy, and the enemy moves, the Glaive will try to adjust its flightpath to hit the enemy.

Edited by Braken