Rydian

Welcome Back To Warframe! Here's What You Missed...

Question

nice work!

I would warn people that the enemy got an update. 

We have new enemy types, including the aggravating disarm guy that can put your weapon on the ground, and they also got a pass that improved their accuracy.  Also the difficulty of the space map was redone.  The net result is the world is a more dangerous place. 

• Upvote 2

Love this thread and wish I had it two weeks ago, a bit of advice, but include weapons and end note advice. Aka try mentioning that, for example, The marelok was added and it is a highly powerful end game pistol with an easy 85% status chance and great sniper like accuracy with a cowboy feel... Would boost this thread from awesomely useful to unlivable without for returnees. Plus I could link returning clan member to it.

You covered all of the major items with links to the source/wiki and gave details on some of the finer points. Well done, this deserved the "sticky". I'm looking forward to more updates as time goes on.

Thanks for the compliments, all.  As far as weapons go, which weapons are considered end-game or not depends on a lot of factors, some of which change over time due to relatively-small changes or weapon balance tweaks.  So sometimes it changes due to things that aren't noteworthy enough to mention here, there's a lot of factors to consider, some of it is personal preference, etc.

And yes, of course this is planned to be updated as time goes on so it's still useful to players coming back at any point.

The tutorial quest is no longer optional, one of the more recent updates (15.something) made it so that anyone who hasn't done it/opted out will now be forced to do it, regardless of rank, if I recall.

Also, while I can understand not mentioning new gear, I would suggest mentioning the new tilesets, due to their single-planet nature lately, and the fact that many have unique aspects, and perhaps more importantly, game modes. Phobos Desert outpost has Arid Grineer with different drop tables than regular and desert skates. Earth Forest has the toxin sabotage and plant scanning to go with it, and Frontier Grineer, as well as feral kubrows. (also has no alarms). Ceres Shipyards has Hijack and prosecutors (also toxic sludge). Eris infested ships have Hive (and breached sections). Europa ice planet has cold areas that do damage over time unless near heat generators.

Could be worth mentioning the infested ancient buffs and recent mutalist enemy additions, both of which have a very significant impact on the faction. They are a very different faction now than they were a year ago. The fact they are primarily an invasion faction now is probably worth mentioning as well, even though they've returned on eris, they've still been mostly removed from the star chart.

Also, I'd call interception more of a node capture/domination mode rather than king of the hill, due to the fact that you do not need to stay at the towers after capture, and there are several points. 

Edit: You also missed the addition of Tower IV.

Edited by Tails-san
  • Upvote 1

mega +1 prop's to OP

indeed the forums really should have a more utilitarian type timeline for newbies, even the wiki doesn't break it down like this (ie all weapons/frames listed in order of introduction, etc)

and yes i do realize that this task would evolve and get bigger over time, but hey, someone oughta do it [heck i would, if they'd pay me]

The tutorial quest is no longer optional, one of the more recent updates (15.something) made it so that anyone who hasn't done it/opted out will now be forced to do it, regardless of rank, if I recall.

Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of that.

Also, while I can understand not mentioning new gear, I would suggest mentioning the new tilesets, due to their single-planet nature lately, and the fact that many have unique aspects, and perhaps more importantly, game modes. Phobos Desert outpost has Arid Grineer with different drop tables than regular and desert skates. Earth Forest has the toxin sabotage and plant scanning to go with it, and Frontier Grineer, as well as feral kubrows. (also has no alarms). Ceres Shipyards has Hijack and prosecutors (also toxic sludge). Eris infested ships have Hive (and breached sections). Europa ice planet has cold areas that do damage over time unless near heat generators.

New tiles and enemies go without saying, and would just clutter the guide.  New tiles don't do anything to change the face of Warframe or the way players play anyways.  In a new tile, you do the exact same thing you did in all the existing tiles.  Go from the entrance to the marked exit, or interact with an object using X in one way or another.

Could be worth mentioning the infested ancient buffs and recent mutalist enemy additions, both of which have a very significant impact on the faction. They are a very different faction now than they were a year ago. The fact they are primarily an invasion faction now is probably worth mentioning as well, even though they've returned on eris, they've still been mostly removed from the star chart.

Compared to the things listed here, that's relatively minor.  Enemy buffs are a lot higher in number that just that (so if I was going to include them, I'd go back and include /all/ of them), and which enemies you fight in which missions is, in the grand scheme of things, inconsequential.

Remember that this guide will be updated as time goes on, and just because something is more recent does not mean it's more important.  I don't want to add things like this and then have to remove them later on once things that eclipse those changes come out.

Also, I'd call interception more of a node capture/domination mode rather than king of the hill, due to the fact that you do not need to stay at the towers after capture, and there are several points. 

Changed as per the recommendation.

Edit: You also missed the addition of Tower IV.

The addition of Tower IV adds nothing to the game in general.  Might as well list all the planets and all the new nodes at this point because Tower IV changes nothing.  It's just a new set of missions with the same tiles and enemies that have been around for 5 updates, dropping most of the same gear previous missions already dropped.

Another critical change missing: Defense and Interception rewards stack now.

Ahhh, forgot about that when I was running over the U15 stuff.  This changes basic mechanics and makes certain things plausible to do that weren't before, so I'll add that.

The addition of Tower IV adds nothing to the game in general.  Might as well list all the planets and all the new nodes at this point because Tower IV changes nothing.  It's just a new set of missions with the same tiles and enemies that have been around for 5 updates, dropping most of the same gear previous missions already dropped.

I have to disagree on this being inconsequential. Tower IV keys are specific to interception, with type based on level of interception. Enemies there have a substantial boost to their damage (more than normal for their level). Vor appears there. This is not particularly less significant than the addition of Sabotage to the Void and derelicts.

I have to disagree on this being inconsequential. Tower IV keys are specific to interception, with type based on level of interception. Enemies there have a substantial boost to their damage (more than normal for their level). Vor appears there. This is not particularly less significant than the addition of Sabotage to the Void and derelicts.

Sabotage is a new game mode, it introduces some new mechanics and new ways to play.

Tower IV does not introduce new mechanics or new ways to play.  Tower IV is a copy of what already exists, and a new boss that's a modified version of an existing one is not a game-changer or big enough to warrant inclusion.

I still think the addition of another tier of void would be something a returning vet would want know about, considering different acquisition, but alright.

Sabotage is a new game mode, it introduces some new mechanics and new ways to play.

So was Toxin Sabotage (particularly once you consider the antitoxins), Hijack, and Hive. Hijack and Hive especially so. What makes the Void's game mode so special?

Also Rescue 2.0 and Specters.

• Upvote 1

I still think the addition of another tier of void would be something a returning vet would want know about, considering different acquisition, but alright.

So was Toxin Sabotage (particularly once you consider the antitoxins), Hijack, and Hive. Hijack and Hive especially so. What makes the Void's game mode so special?

Also Rescue 2.0 and Specters.

Tower IV adds nothing to the game but extra nodes.  The devs admitted this and said they did not want to add it because it adds nothing new.  However they added it anyways (amidst complaints because they said they didn't want to and then did) due to a lack of other areas to put new prime parts in, and due to lack of dev time to actually develop new missions/modes.  Yes, returning players might be interested in it, but it's a relatively-minor note.  If they want to see everything, they can click one of the two links I supplied that lead to the full patch notes for everything.

If I hear one more word about this, I'm going to make you read every single patch note since Open Beta so you realize how inconsequential Tower IV is to Warframe in general.

Now then.

"Rescue 2.0" is fluffy rescue with the objective doors behind another door.  It just adds one more panel to hack (assuming you don't even use one of the tunnels to bypass the additional panel/door completely) and an in-mission timer if you get spotted.

Hive, however, is notable because it's a new mission type (unlike Rescue's update and Tower IV) and it dynamically adds challenges as the mission goes on and uses unique ones.  It's actually new content, it's unique.  It's not a reskin or update of of existing content, so I've gone and added it.

Specters are a neat system, but I'm unsure of where to place them and what to mention because they've come in various iterations in a relatively-short timespan.  The initial version of player-copied specters wasn't very well-received and is rather clunky to use, especially given that it's much more difficult to reach 1800 conclave (for the top specters) now that Warframe abilities have been removed.  The enemy-as-a-pet versions seem to be used a lot more often, but mentioning just them without the underlying system seems weird.

I wanted to give some lore out. Tenno in nippon-go means.... EMPEROR. the thing is the tenno, they're unified under the thing that there is a middleground to everything. What are emperors? Caliphs? Pharaohs? Well let's focus on 1 thing. what the tenno are(in my interpretations) and what they sought to do.... First, tenno waking from cryopod questions us, what is the meaning of life? Why do I have this skill? Why do these beings that look like me, why do they try to control me.... And then we see, that they have a sense of honour, skill in weaponry, and all the beings they fight, it's all related to them. Grin ear always call them tenno scum. From what I know, tenno means emperor and scum means the lowest of the low. In the case of the tenno, as soon as they woke up they know that...

They had done something .that made the humans that the tenno fight, fight them. Think about the the structure of the grin ear empire. They know what reproduction means. They know what efficiency means. They have a militaristic system similar to a navy because ships, marines, admirals, captains...

This means that 

a.They give deep respect to genetic manipulation and tech, they're unified under the Twin Quuens..

b. The older people are wise and the younger ones are brash, inexperienced.

c. They know that they're a dying race. Vor didn't try to capture Tenno just as play things but rather as something to research. Based on what The Prophetic Dude Grandpa Sandy Claws Vor, he wants to save his people most of all, and he's using mind control, genetic manipulation, respect and is willing to sacrifice his xp, so that the people whom he tries to save are well saved. He integrated tech on his body, now a part of him will always be in some of us. *cough cough*ascaris*cough*parasite*cough*energy and its laws*cough*

Vor is a man of science and his end SPOILER AKJSWINDE is he became somewhat a wise figure, prophetic. Then Janus Key, greek myths, greek myths about choices..  

To reiterate, they respect their mothers, they know  how to fix a broken bone using metal and grafting tech, and they're fighting because they know, the people that are after them, will always be a tinge less WeLL, Go0d.... Broken you can say.

What about the corpus? They take tech, fit them for their standards and they try to take profit from the conflicts between humans based on what they know. They call the tenno betrayers.... This means thatr

a. that the tenno are a select set of people raised and altered, JUST FOR OFFENSIVE PURPOSES. And then they rebelled.. Sort of a ploy for slavery.. After all, we are ALL human.

b. Based on their code of honour, tenno feel like there are deeper meanings to everything. They called themselves emperor to set a goal in their life, similar to Muslims.

c. Like Muslims, the emperors are cloaked by a veil of propaganda. If a being with a higher porpoise came and observed us from a distance, they would think, oh life must suck for them muslims, so why are they fighting? From this we can infer that the emperors somehow were disgraced, and now they wake up, looking at the impact at what they've done in the past. And now, they meditate, trying to make the world a better place.

d. The korpus like profit and tech.. These are both results of intelligence, and the korpus respect their elderly, so much so that they're willing to use anything that mantains their health because they know, as xp grows, age goes on, and people become wiser...

e. They try to communicate with English, and they practically enslave the robotics. THE ROBOTICS THAT THEY MADE USING THEIR INT iEL. Robot means slave in german/aryan/idk? AI is from artificial intel... We created hat intel... Then, who created the things that we use our minds off. Who created gravity and for what reason? Remember READ...

f. to reiterate, worship of tech, preservation of the human mind and body, slave robots, this means that the Korpus like profit but they hunger most for knowledge. After all, knowledge is power.

Now, infested  as what we are lead to imply is that they are a bio weapon similar to the flood. Their job is to assimilate tech, and be the best

weapons. They have offensive weaponry that include damage to health directly, electricity, AoE, symbiosis, and then this word comes in to play.. MUTALIST. It is not a real word I don't think, but i think its based on the word mutualism. There are commensalisme, parasitism, and mutualism. Equality in a way...

From this we can create a caste-like system

a. Tenno are the topof the food chain, they're rational, they experienced and endured a lotta things and try to make the world balanced....(READ caliphs)but. they're haunted by sins. Sins that they cannot remember, for they have forgotten. Their actions, either cement what people think of them or changes it... We can speculate that they are human deep inside, they're mutated by the void so they might look alien to us, and)d can control powers due to a union of biotech(infested) and their exposure to Void tech. Tech that is wildly unknown and coveted for. Orokin tech.

b.Grinear know they're deteriorating, so in their paranoia, they thought about what makes humans so powerful and realised, the mind and its ability to expand. Their government structure is similar to an ant colony.... Except the males play more of a part in their colony in the case of the grin ear.

c. We know that the infested are basically nanites. Nanomachines son. If you don't know you'd think they're alien in nature. The nanites alter themselves to adapt, similar to the ceph from crysis and generator rex. They have a caste system based on the period of evolution to each being, made from humans that were fighting, and the higher the hierarchy, the higher their state of evolution. Lephantis, a being that speaks, was created to be a bio weapon, knows that the tenno wear their skin. Lephantis says that the infested are composed of humans in a high state of evolution facilitated by nanomachines. How are we similar? Think on that. The people who made them are the orokin...

d. Korpus. They worship intelligence, the orokin... They liked the orokin, under the rule of the orokin, they prospered....

Now guys, read because god told us all that intelligence is key but without wisdom, there is no use. We can all tell from this system that, being allied to something forces you to think what they think but also, that we don't choose the life we have. God is like a very compassionate being. There is a reason to his devices. He created intelligence and wisdom, and he created marvels. and he created humans..... And all the things that humans created? Think Ruk it!. What have we wrought upon ourselves? Will regret be our legacy?what have we learned?

Humans were created to be the best of creations. Some, who share their knowledge, aspire to be the best (pokemon) and they get a lot of support but then you wonder into the twilight, what do you think? Light is majestic is it not? It gave us the sense of heat, speed and we can observe because of it.

The moral of the story is the origin is god. He created everything for a reason, and all that he created includes lust, greed, all materialistic items. So, if you have knowledge, share it... Be it an atom of knowledge. Remember God is always with you, but what have you done to repay him???? Turn to repentance. The door of repentance is not too late. The apocalypse is near, and at that time, it is far too late to stop what is coming. Remember, God created light and dark for a reason... It is up to YOU, to think on the marvels of creation...

enemy-as-a-pet versions seem to be used a lot more often, but mentioning just them without the underlying system seems weird

Your quote my interpretation..

Pokemon. The guy who created pokemon is a guy who we can call a nipponnese.... These people, generalizing these complex beings, they learn most from questioning god and his ulterior motives. These people, have taught me the powers of propaganda, about human psyche and most of all, the best way to learn something is to learn by yourself, teach it and you will be teached too.

Excellent thread to have for reference!

One suggestion I would make is to include which frames were added with each update.  Limbo, for example, is new to update 15, and Mesa is new to Update 15.5.  

Including which frames were added will give returning players new short-term goals :)

Thanks for creating this thread, please continue to update! 

Very nice summary of the important stuff that's been added. Now when someone inevitably asks "I haven't played Warframe in X months, what's happened since then?" I can just direct them here.