Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moves 2.0 (Part Ii) : Throws & Grabs

unknow99

Hello Tenno,

After this thread emerged from the inside of my empty head :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355484-moves-20-ledge-mechanics/

(if you're fan of movements improvements,I highly recommend to start with this ^, and the Melee 2.4 tips by Calayne. )

Let's go to the second idea ASAP,to make us more space ninja : throws/grab attacks.

In other words, Jutaijutsu!!

j6rVdSe.jpg

*flow in the animations & fast execution would be cool for the takedowns.

**Heavies & high level units are harder to grab. Because weight.

***changeable keybindings.

****Possible additionnal mechanic : throwable objects, like the explosive barrels/loot containers... Will add it soon. :D

More offensive choices, better & varied experience.More fun.

What are your thoughts? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stealth 2.0 ideas!!! Please support!!! :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394960-stealth-20-quality-of-life/

Edited by unknow99

This not only gives new depth to the gameplay, but also opens new chances for the stealth 2.0 thats being asked for, totally hyped by your draws

The most important thing however, that would be badass enough to make a new trailer for the favorite poster boy of the people, excalibro grabbing grinners and tossing them away, this is the only thing that actually matters

Edited by rockscl

This not only gives new depth to the gameplay, but also opens new chances for the stealth 2.0 thats being asked for, totally hyped by your draws

The most important thing however, that would be badass enough to make a new trailer for the favorite poster boy of the people, excalibro grabbing grinners and tossing them away, this is the only thing that actually matters

Thanks man, there's just so much good opportunities with moves that could make Warframe its own category in the TPS genre! (No more "it's like mass effect,with ninjas" comments)

When running with the Kogake I miss being able to do the neato things I've seen on occasion that can be done but are not frequent enough, such as: perfectly executed German suplexes (sorry had to say it just like that GTO) or the three hit combo ending in a jumping ground slam (picks up the enemy and slams them straight down).

If even those would happen more often I'd be happy, since they've been around for almost a year now but you never really see them much :/

Thanks man, there's just so much good opportunities with moves that could make Warframe its own category in the TPS genre! (No more "it's like mass effect,with ninjas" comments)

The opportunities seem to be right there when a game is in the hands of such dev team

The opportunities seem to be right there when a game is in the hands of such dev team

Indeed. I won't suggest such an ambitious idea if I didn't trust them enough. :)

We're talking about the guys behind Unreal & The Darkness 2!

They could do something astonishing out of this... (The Venka finisher & the german suplex are sick,really.)

Edited by unknow99

OP 

I love this but here's the issue

X should be for throwing only and E the finisher. If you have a grineer marine in deathlock the tenno would jsut need to aim for the vital spot and 1 shot him , no need to press repeatedly  the melee button.

but grabbing and finishing has to be really fast  and seemless for this mechanic to be efficient ;

Long story short: part IV shouldn't exist. i understand why you'd want it but it isn't efficient x) 

other than that love the concept. I'd throw people as valkyr all the time

Edited by Deidaku

OP 

X should be for throwing only and E the finisher. If you have a grineer marine in deathlock the tenno would jsut need to aim for the vital spot and 1 shot him , no need to press repeatedly  the melee button.

but grabbing and finishing has to be really fast  and seemless for this mechanic to be efficient ;

Long story short: part IV shouldn't exist. i understand why you'd want it but it isn't efficient x) 

Heyyy it's Deidaku ladies & gentlemen, the tenno behind the first recovery system... :)

After reading your feedback, part IV is indeed a little plus. I had in mind the possibility to weaken the enemy you're grabbing before he could get the chance to release himself.

A single powerful attack like in V would be enough,I agree...

Edited by unknow99

Heyyy it's Deidaku ladies & gentlemen, the tenno behind the first recovery system... :)

After reading your feedback, part IV is indeed a little plus. I had in mind the possibility to weaken the enemy you're grabbing before he could get the chance to release himself.

A single powerful attack like in V would be enough,I agree...

But the stylish finisher could be different for each weapon

Kogake's finisher V could be like your initial idea: repeated fast punches to the vital spots :)

Yes the ryu gif sums it up

but again it has to be lighting fast, faster than the ground finishers. 

omg senpai noticed me

you got all my +s bro.

while in most cases a simple melee hit will kill them or they wont absorb much as a shield anyway, this would make stealth more rewarding just from the fun of it.

you should also add a chance of enemy releasing himself and making a counter throw when you grab him fora long time scaling with enemy level since they "are" fearless soldiers.

OP 

i think that IV part is meant as a way to  pin and damage heavy units, which most likely would survive a non stealth multiplier finisher anyway

you got all my +s bro.

while in most cases a simple melee hit will kill them or they wont absorb much as a shield anyway, this would make stealth more rewarding just from the fun of it.

you should also add a chance of enemy releasing himself and making a counter throw when you grab him fora long time scaling with enemy level since they "are" fearless soldiers.

Sure man, they must keep a way of defending themselves to keep it away from any exploit.

*****This isn't doable on bosses or should deal less damage to them. :p