Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moves 2.0 (Part Ii) : Throws & Grabs

unknow99

sounds cool, but to getting it balanced, the player should only be able to grab his opponent, if it is staggerd[by status-chance] or unaware of the players presence.

It can work well with melee combos too. We used to have charge attacks. That function can be used for grapple attacks now, and grappling scales with weapon power. The drawback would be making yourself vulnerable until you could use your meat shield, and after that your mobility is gutted and your back is exposed.

The only people that keep pushing for these ideas are the "ninja wannabees" and people that have come from a game that has them, and now since THIS has become their favorite game, they want that here as well.

Heads up: I don't actually CARE if Warframe has your ideas added, but get it into your heads that it does NOT need it, and you will be a minority using such tricks, while everyone else gets on with doing the mission at hand. While you slide along your little ledge to get to a target, someone will snipe it's face off and run past.

I'm all for stealth/parkour/<insert idea here> if it makes gameplay better in such a way that people would immediately take to it, but if in order to make that happen you have to add a ton of map features, then cripple the AI so it will actually make itself vulnerable by walking there, you are watering down the damn game. It's STILL more fun to Worm Hole into the ceiling to fall in the middle of a group and ground slam them, thank you very much.

We already have all the tools we need. We don't need INFERIOR tools added in order to feel more "human", when we are far closer to gods.

Edited by DSpite

We already have all the tools we need. We don't need INFERIOR tools added in order to feel more "human", when we are far closer to gods.

I take issue with this part. This is why I support more "human" mechanics, as you call them.

Whether we're in the minority or not, it doesn't fall upon you to inform us of any of this. We know it already. All you're doing is adding chaff to a suggestion or idea thread that you don't support. And if you don't support it and have nothing to add to it that will make it less "inferior" as you call it, make your point and leave.

Edit: At this point, all you're doing is S#&amp;&#036;posting and complaining about people having ideas that you don't agree with.

Edited by Aspari

The only people that keep pushing for these ideas are the "ninja wannabees" and people that have come from a game that has them, and now since THIS has become their favorite game, they want that here as well.

Heads up: I don't actually CARE if Warframe has your ideas added, but get it into your heads that it does NOT need it, and you will be a minority using such tricks, while everyone else gets on with doing the mission at hand. While you slide along your little ledge to get to a target, someone will snipe it's face off and run past.

I'm all for stealth/parkour/<insert idea here> if it makes gameplay better in such a way that people would immediately take to it, but if in order to make that happen you have to add a ton of map features, then cripple the AI so it will actually make itself vulnerable by walking there, you are watering down the damn game. It's STILL more fun to Worm Hole into the ceiling to fall in the middle of a group and ground slam them, thank you very much.

C'mooon man, adding elements to the background we could clim upon won't automatically destroy the AI or something...

First bold sentence : You said "Worm Hole". Wouldn't it be better to do this with any frame?(Worm hole would make it easier,okay, but it'd be great to wallrun-> propel yourself to a ledge-> move across its border & shoot -> and ground slam when you want to go on the ground. With any frame.No?)

Second bold sentence : a while ago,and you know it, we could jog & run,but we had no walking animation. That was odd...

You can't do a marathon without being able to walk correctly.You can't win an olympic 100m swim without knowing how to do the crawl, and so on... You see what I mean? :/

Second bold sentence : a while ago,and you know it, we could jog & run,but we had no walking animation. That was odd...

You can't do a marathon without being able to walk correctly.You can't win an olympic 100m swim without knowing how to do the crawl, and so on... You see what I mean? :/

I'm not sure if it was when DE had controller support or the PS4 release, but we eventually got a walking animation in the missions. While it wasn't needed functionally, it was needed aesthetically. Most people don't use it in missions for obvious reasons, but god is it badass to go through a room as Rhino with a Gorgon and turning a group of Grineer into Swiss cheese.

I for one love OPs idea. It would make the game more FUN( that's why we play the game right, or am I missing something??) I like to solo and stealth to challenge myself. Anyone can coptoring and dash to the finish #sanic

I'm down for anything that can break this stereotypical mode of play most fall into. If you don't know what I mean than play any exterminate or rescue mode.

Suuuure! It'd just be for Furax or fist weapons...

Hand & feet...Hmmm..Why not giving them knees? :)

Why not all the weapons? Imagine stabbing them with the sword while you hold them around the neck with your arm? Like some kind of psycho murderer?

If you want to limit it to smaller weapons like that, at least include daggers!

Hello Tenno,

After this thread emerged from the inside of my empty head :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355484-moves-20-ledge-mechanics/#entry3954542

(if you're fan of movements improvements,I highly recommend to start with this ^, and the Melee 2.4 tips. )

Let's go to the second idea ASAP,to make us more space ninja : throws/grab attacks.

j6rVdSe.jpg

*flow in the animations & fast execution would be cool for the takedowns.

**Heavies & high level units are harder to grab. Because weight.

***changeable keybindings.

****Possible additionnal mechanic : throwable objects, like the explosive barrels/loot containers... Will add it soon. :D

More offensive choices, better & varied experience.More fun.

What are your thoughts? :)

i could see it going a step further and default manuvers for grab kills per what warframe you use. example, RHINO SUPLEX *@##&#036;ES! vs valkyr neck snap? or kitty cat kidney punches. i think you get the idea. :D

i could see it going a step further and default manuvers for grab kills per what warframe you use. example, RHINO SUPLEX *@##$ES! vs valkyr neck snap? or kitty cat kidney punches. i think you get the idea. :D

I see Rhino doing something more like

If you can't see it.

Why not all the weapons? Imagine stabbing them with the sword while you hold them around the neck with your arm? Like some kind of psycho murderer?

If you want to limit it to smaller weapons like that, at least include daggers!

Daggers?

navy-seal-knife-test-o.gif

Weeeeeee...

Yeah,stabbing repeatedly in the chest/back could be something interesting too!

Edited by unknow99

Daggers?

navy-seal-knife-test-o.gif

Weeeeeee...

Yeah,stabbing repeatedly in the chest/back could be something interesting too!

You should check out Kali, their Kerambit knife work is devastating stuff. 

Haha, the X-ray attacks were some of my favourite moves of all time in MK9 and now, MKX. I do think it may slow down the pace in Warframe, though it'd be nice to use it on the stalker. :D

What I really want, though, is just to use someone as a meat shield, and when I no longer need him, just judo slam his body into the floor, BAM, and then smash his face in with my fist. And if he's still not dead yet, just keep slamming his body over and over into the ground, and then Russian Suplex the sucka.

Would be good for DE, since they can add more mods to the mod pool, too. Stuff like "You can now do multiple finishers on the same enemy", "You can now grab Heavies", "Throw Power +50%" or just "Duration of Grab +50%" and all kinds of fun stuff. Preferably, obtainable via Syndicates, same with future Weapon Stances, I hope. 

You should check out Kali, their Kerambit knife work is devastating stuff. 

Haha, the X-ray attacks were some of my favourite moves of all time in MK9 and now, MKX. I do think it may slow down the pace in Warframe, though it'd be nice to use it on the stalker. :D

What I really want, though, is just to use someone as a meat shield, and when I no longer need him, just judo slam his body into the floor, BAM, and then smash his face in with my fist. And if he's still not dead yet, just keep slamming his body over and over into the ground, and then Russian Suplex the sucka.

Would be good for DE, since they can add more mods to the mod pool, too. Stuff like "You can now do multiple finishers on the same enemy", "You can now grab Heavies", "Throw Power +50%" or just "Duration of Grab +50%" and all kinds of fun stuff. Preferably, obtainable via Syndicates, same with future Weapon Stances, I hope. 

If it makes it in, the meat shield-finisher mechanic would be a must. Useful, and classy...

That vid is inspiring : it also shows how devastating a good german suplex can be!

Indeed he did. And yes I am literally posting just to bump this thread up for attention. :V

Announcing what's next :

(On topic)

- Sliding/tackle mechanic

- Handspring/knockdow recovery mechanic !(if Deidaku allows me to)

- Possible extension of this thread : Throwing objects

- Climbing

- Stealth Quality of Life

Edited by unknow99

• 1 month later...

Byootiful.

+1

+favorite

--------------EDIT-------------

Grab could work in mid-air to grab enemies. Either to use larger ospreys as vantage points or slam Helions into the ground.

XsQkvAW.png

Xu5kCdu.png

"No."

Edited by Lukap99

Announcing what's next :

(On topic)

- Sliding/tackle mechanic

- Handspring/knockdow recovery mechanic !(if Deidaku allows me to)

- Possible extension of this thread : Throwing objects

- Climbing

- Stealth Quality of Life

Y'know? I'd like your thoughts on this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383694-ideas-for-improving-cqc/#entry4232402

Byootiful.

+1

+favorite

--------------EDIT-------------

Grab could work in mid-air to grab enemies. Either to use larger ospreys as vantage points or slam Helions into the ground.

XsQkvAW.png

Xu5kCdu.png

"No."

Ooooh that's a really nice idea! I didn't even think about it!

Guys, Lukap99 is a genius.

Hey there's a bunch of nice ideas there too.

1) True dat, I also feel really confused when my Silva & Aegis blocking becomes useless after getting shot at continuously by a Agrineer seeker for less than 5 seconds...

2) Makes sense. After all, swinging your weapon and never connect your blade to a single bullet seems strange.I might see that working.

3) Also a nice idea, and to further support it, let's give Calayne's dash concept more light too!  It would be extremely useful for "zoning" & distance management.(not entirely removing the roll in sword alone mode, but being allowed to do both roll & dash)

4) Yup,stamina gets consumed too fast... Time to tip the scales here.

5) I also grew up playing the Megaman series on the Super Nintendo, so I see what you mean. Keeping your melee charge & jumping could also be possible with this system. That'd be clever.

4389752megaman12-gif.gif

Ooooh that's a really nice idea! I didn't even think about it!

Guys, Lukap99 is a genius.

Aww shucks, thanks.

This might be more related to the first thread about ledge grabs, but you should check this [url"https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383301-new-movement-sketches-tweaks-pictures-inside/]guy's thread out.

Give him a potato or two. Guy deserves it.

Edited by Lukap99