The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Utility Sentinel Suggestion

7.T.

Hello. My name is 7.T. and I am addicted to Carrier...

I've been thinking for a while about what other type of Sentinel I would consider using. Heres my idea:

Name: X-Ray.... or not. That's a boring name but I can't think of a better one at the moment

Signature Ability: umm... X-Radar (lol DE, I'll leave the naming to you and/or the community.) It would simply show where all enemies are within X meters through ceilings, walls, floors, and whatever else. 

It would do so in a radar pulse manner much like when you're trying to scan things with the Codex Scanner, minus the scanning bit. Showing you where they are for a couple seconds or so then again after X amount of seconds. The wait time between pulses could be reduced with rank.

Sorry if this idea has been posted before, I didn't sift though the posts. Credit goes to the oldest similar idea if there is one and I wouldn't mind at all :)

Just a thought. Thoughts?

Edited by 7.T.

I've always wanted some type of healer sentinel equipped with a light SMGish weapon.

Or a rocket sentinel.

But yeah, I like the idea of having a scanner-type sentinel too. Good for infested missions where you apparently are trying to find a nonexistant tumor.

But yeah, I like the idea of having a scanner-type sentinel too. Good for infested missions where you apparently are trying to find a nonexistant tumor.

Thanks for your post. I didn't think about the tumors haha, good point. I also think it would be a usable alternative to Shade or Huras for stealth missions as you can sometimes get spotted by a guy you didn't see. This X-Ray would allow you to make a strategy before entering a room or show you the guy that you would have missed. I would use it in regular missions as well just for kicks

We have a sentinel weapon of every kind besides rocket and bow. I feel like this could go great with a bow/sniper type sentinel.

That's a good idea too. I didn't consider it's weapon either. I'd be content with whatever so I'll leave it to DE and the community :)

Edited by 7.T.

I have a thread with a rocket sentinel that I called "Harrier." It would be like a mini fighter jet plane with a harrier engine type propulsion system. It would/could use a mini gun for ground targets and have air to air missile for flying targets.

As for the radar/sonar sentinel (don't forget we have water tilesets coming soon), that is pretty cool.

A medic sentinel would be a nice addition to the line-up as well, but that could also be made into a mod for all the sentinels.

Even though many people on here get up in arms about it, I am another of the mind that all sentinels (and kubrows too, because the wild ones do it) should help pickup items like Carrier and Carrier should enable the tenno to carry more ammo for each weapon.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I have a thread with a rocket sentinel that I called "Harrier." It would be like a mini fighter jet plane with a harrier engine type propulsion system. It would/could use a mini gun for ground targets and have air to air missile for flying targets.

Marry me. Right now.

I can imagine this sentinel being like a mini crossbow [also because it would also look like an X]

-snip-

That looks pretty cool. Thanks for posting that mate.

Edited by 7.T.

Yo! Imma bump this if that's cool. Been using Mesa a bit lately and when I'm sneaking around on solo, I use the codex scanner to see where the baddies are before going into a room and going around corners.

Would anyone else use a Sentinel that did a similar effect and/or think this might be a successful Sentinel ability with players? 

It might help progress the stealth play style not to mention being useful in the new light level for infested missions. I think this would be helpful even when you're going around guns blazing as well, allowing you to locate and prioritize targets a bit sooner