Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Marelok Or Brakk ?

Overlord_Hades

You should consider first on what kind of set up you intend to use the weapon for. Use the Brakk if you already have a mid to long range primary and you just need something in your secondary to get something off you that is all over your face that your primary can't seem to handle, like an Ogris or Vectis. Use the Marelok if you need a longer ranged secondary to compliment a shorter ranged primary like say a Boar Prime. Both are strong in their own right and should be picked based on how your overall setup is going to work as.

Depends on the range of engagement. I don't own the Vaykor yet, so I'll speak about the normal one mostly.

With Marelok you can easily "snipe" enemies on medium-long range. However when a swarm comes close to you, Marelok is unable to quickly dispatch them.

Brakk is completely the opposite, great with swarms upclose and useless at the distance.

With Vaykor, I believe the "Justice" will make close combat encounters more easy but I don't think it'll surpass the punch-through build Brakk.

Marelok and Brakk were competition.

Vaykor Marelok takes the cake automatically. The stats are much better and the innate Justice effect gives it more CC and utility as well.

If you have multi-shot mods then put it on a Vaykor Marelok and it will dish out even more damage than a Brakk.

Mr. Glitch here, Leader of VoiD Gaming, Is correct in every way. It will help everyone, especially Rhino, Rhino Prime, And Warframes that have specific powers that earn the Rhino Prime seal of approval (Rift Walk, Link, Hysteria [All Invincibility skills]). 

Imagine getting down and having to use this (Rhino approved) Vaykor Marelok and getting a one shot, and an explosion that automatically lifts you up so that we won't be needing to use up precious revives. And getting bonus armor to give you enough time to put on the golden coat

A nice one-shot weapon for your I don't have time to waste mentality that comes with a Borderlands style second wind (Sometimes). My favorite secondary was always the marelok anyways. My vote goes here.

Edited by (PS4)B_Psycho2

Its always the distance and situtation that matters, if you kill single target that are very strong, go with marelok, if you have to root out many enemies with one shot, still brakk with seeker.

I also love detron to clean out widespread enemies on distance, its a bit weaker than brakk but without damage falloff.

I have to say Vaykor out does brakk, by a wide margin. The big attack when the justice is maxed out is crazy awesome when it blows away everyone around you. Brutal in survival, and defense too. Plus the damage on the gun can go well over a thousand in the stats. It does go impact though which is kind of lame versus the original marelok.

Plus the Justice effect on the Vaykor Marelok will revive you if it triggers while you are downed.

That's pretty damn awesome.

what...!? I didnt know that. I haven't been downed using it yet, but holy cow I think I need to up my game abit to see this.

what...!? I didnt know that. I haven't been downed using it yet, but holy cow I think I need to up my game abit to see this.

The Telos AkBolto does it as well. They're the only two Syndicate guns that can do it.

NOTE: ANY HEALTH RESTORE EFFECT LIKE JUSTICE WILL REVIVE YOU WHEN YOU ARE DOWNED FYI.

Which I already said, but thanks for reiterating.
Edited by Kaiczar

Outside of the Infested, Vaykor Marelok every time. Personally I just prefer the Brakk for all the swarming, though the Justice proc would do well against the light Infested since it's Gas damage (doesn't help a whole lot against the new stuff since they're ALL Fossilized).

Outside of the Infested, Vaykor Marelok every time. Personally I just prefer the Brakk for all the swarming, though the Justice proc would do well against the light Infested since it's Gas damage (doesn't help a whole lot against the new stuff since they're ALL Fossilized).

FYI, Justice is blast, which is the second best elemental type against Fossilized. Maybe gets your facts right first before doing a comparison..

Cant wait to see the Brakk Justice Augment + the Brakk Wraith... BOOM.

Anyway i'll always prefer the Brakk because, as ppl have said, it depends on the situation and i swap to it only when i'm getting overwhelmed,

medium-long range is the job of my primary slot