The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Powers

Qynchou

Let's get straight to it:

Disclaimer: before you say anything let me just get this out of the way: landing rockets in warframe is probably more difficult than landing a drone on a comet IRL, seriously, its pretty much THE most difficult thing to do. You're sprinting, your HUD is shaking, your crosshair is always moving, enemies coming at you non stop, etc.

Dislaimer #2: this is coming from a guy who has his archwing maxed, strength, radius mods maxed and so on and so forth.

Elytron.

Bloomer:

Fires a rocket that sort of, maybe, kinda, probably not really will latch onto a target, otherwise will follow crosshair aim and explode for 1000 blast damage in 60 meters.

This ability is fairly good up until about level 10 enemies, at which point it barely leaves a mark on them. Not only that, you have to guide it with your crosshair so you pretty much have to give up shooting with your gun or swinging with a melee. (you might say, well, just launch it and then sprint at the enemy with the melee - this works assuming you're 1v1 at a level 5 interception mission with no CC effects on you).

Suggestion: make the damage penetrate armor, make it corrosive or add some ability augment to change the type because blast barely does anything, the rocket has falloff damage which also doesn't go through obstacles.

Core Vent:

Leaves a smoke trail behind you.

Yep, that's it. That's all it does. It doesn't make enemies miss you, it doesn't attract drone stun rockets, it's pretty much only for looks, why is this even in the game honestly? I keep spamming this ability in interception on Uranus and it LITERALLY does nothing, it doesn't help AT ALL. I fly through enemies with it, missiles fly into it and I still get blasted.

Disables rockets? Pf right, let me just fly through 20 enemies firing at me to maybe disable rockets that I will bump into anyway while attempting to deploy this properly.

Suggestion:

Make it a bigger gas cloud, and we're talking HEAPS bigger/wider or make it a bomb that deploys a gas cloud that lessens drone accuracy/disables rockets (this would be especially good while defending interception towers).

Thumper:

Deploys a rocket (that you have to aim) towards your crosshair (which you have to aim) and explodes on impact, so only on obstacles (again, you have to aim, stand still, get shot at while this thing deploys, and actually, this goes for ability #1 and #4) that releases a bubble in which explosions happen that deal 0 to 3 damage.

Suggestion:

Make explosions do actual damage, again the scaling is absolutely horrid.

Am I missing something here? Seriously, level 20+ archwing enemies have over 3k health, explosions happen at random locations and have damage falloff.

Warhead:

I actually love using this skill but the amount of setup required is definitely not worth the payoff. Again you cannot manually detonate it, which means it has to impact an enemy (no way that's happening, absolutely impossible) or terrain. You pretty much launch this to the closest debri field you can find which can be (and 99% of the time is) further than 200m away from the enemy which means that it will deal no damage to anything.

Suggestions:

Make it so I can manually detonate it. Buff the explosion range A LOT, I mean bloomer (25 energy cost) has the same explosion radius as a 100 energy cost ability, as the main nuke, as the massive explosion.

Make it faster, MUCH faster, right now if there's a tower that's under attack 1000 meters away it will take around 15 seconds for the rocket to reach impact and in those 15 seconds all i'm going to be doing is aiming my crosshair at a debri field.

Buff the damage by like 5 to 10 times. Not even joking or exaggerating.

Add an augment mod that allows it to be homing (this would actually make it useful against higher level boss enemies).

Odonata:

Straight up a way better archwing than Elytron.

Energy shell:

Great ability, boosts damage as well as absorbs it.

Disarray:

Unlike Core Vent it actually disables missiles and helps while you're under heavy fire.

Seeking fire:

A lot better than bloomer, a lot better than warhead, actually seeks out targets. Damage scaling is still pretty bad.

Suggestion: buff the damage/scaling.

Repel:

Works great, very useful, disarms, pushes enemies out and immobilizes them.

To summarize: abilities do very little damage/scale very badly both for elytron and odonata. Odonata is an actually useful archwing meanwhile the so called war-machine-destruction-elytron is only capable of drawing cloud shapes in space.

• 4 weeks later...

I totally agree with theese and I wish there was a Archwing feedback section, with the Eyes of Blight event archwing is becoming more a thing between players. As for the changes, I really want to get the Elytron but I am not hearing so much positive things about it, specially speaking in higher levels where the damage focused abilities loose their edge. I heard good things about the Itzal but I really wish they take another look into the Odonata and the Elytron.