Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unjustifiable Mesa Plat Price And Removal Of Longhorn Helmet From Standard Package

Energeist

So...you want a refund for a product that has reviews online, which you could have checked prior to purchasing it. Now, if you bumrushed the purchase, the fault lies in your hands. I don't know what sort of world you play in (actually, I do. Must involve tons of DPS and Boltor Primes to complain about a very powerful frame being weak) but that's the drawback of buying without caution. You made the choice to dish out the plat, and you're responsible. That's just how things are. If she seems weak to you, can't be helped. You bought her. DE never made the statement that she would be top tier, so using that as an excuse is like blaming a person for selling a product you wanted, and not what they intended to sell.

" In the end, you are saying that you would have bought her for 250p, is 75p really that huge "

That's right. I like this game (aside from the shooter and ninja-esq gameplay) because of the tons of cosmetic upgrades. I even bought Nyx immortal skin and after checking it how it would look on her after a few color changes i opted not to use her cause it ruins the warframe's appearance (for me) but i wont and never ask for a refund on that cause that price tag is worth paying for.

So, for one, your argument sounds pretty silly on paper:

"My friend told me I get free stuff if I buy this item!"
"Does it say ANYWHERE that you get free stuff if you buy this item?"
"Well... No... But my friend told me I get free stuff!"
"Well you don't, because nowhere does it say you do."
"But I want a refund because I didn't get free stuff!"

Secondly, her abilities are on par with if not better than the average frame. Her first ability is best used on sniper weapons and allows any sniper weapon in the game to OHKO extremely high level enemies, even more than that it gives rapid fire weapons the burst damage needed to quickly take out an eximus/heavy gunner. Her second ability while not on par with some other damage buffs in the game is still a damage buff, and it synergies well with her kit. Her third ability may not be zephyr's shield, but it lasts longer and it still, when fully modded, a 95% damage reduction, which is a lot. Lastly her fourth ability can clear entire waves of defence by itself up to level 70+ enemies.

Additionally to the above she's one of the hardest frames in the game to obtain, making the convenience tax, which is basically what buying a frame with platinum is, far higher than most other frames.

So from my point of view, you're trying to refund a frame because you didn't read any information on it, and just went by word of mouth that you get free stuff, which was never officially mentioned anywhere. Then decided to make up a bunch of excuses saying the frame isn't worth it because you don't like it.

Then you decided to make a forum thread about it instead of sending in a ticket requesting a refund, which is basically the retail store equivalent of walking up outside a retail store and yelling with a megaphone "I bought this shirt, but it didn't come with a free hat, also the shirt sucks and costs too much, give me a refund!" instead of politely walking up to the counter and oh I dunno, asking the store for a refund?

" In the end, you are saying that you would have bought her for 250p, is 75p really that huge "

That's right. I like this game (aside from the shooter and ninja-esq gameplay) because of the tons of cosmetic upgrades. I even bought Nyx immortal skin and after checking it how it would look on her after a few color changes i opted not to use her cause it ruins the warframe's appearance (for me) but i wont and never ask for a refund on that cause that price tag is worth paying for.

You are making no sense now. You are buying things that you don't end up using and you are happy with it, but you are buying other things which you actually wanted and then ask for a refund ?

ok...

Well, you have that sweet 75% off now, RNG compensated you for that inconviniece of 75plat lol.

So...you want a refund for a product that has reviews online, which you could have checked prior to purchasing it. Now, if you bumrushed the purchase, the fault lies in your hands. I don't know what sort of world you play in (actually, I do. Must involve tons of DPS and Boltor Primes to complain about a very powerful frame being weak) but that's the drawback of buying without caution. You made the choice to dish out the plat, and you're responsible. That's just how things are. If she seems weak to you, can't be helped. You bought her. DE never made the statement that she would be top tier, so using that as an excuse is like blaming a person for selling a product you wanted, and not what they intended to sell.

How about to read the previous posts that i out up there cause it just annoying to repeat it over and over again.

"325p doesn't justify the worth of the frame whose abilities are currently inferior to the other warframes."

Its also not like i bought her upon hearing that longhorn helmet came with the standard package. I had simeine else bought her first to confirm if the helmet is there and it is so i bought it.

I don't even get how OP has an argument.

-It was not advertised in the product, you bought it based off of rumors.

-It was not intended to have the alternate helmet, and will likely be rectified at a later date

-You purchased it of your own free will, with full knowledge that the product may be 'fixed' eventually

You demand compensation for something that was never intended, never promised, and never forced. The fact that you got a 75% off coupon with 3 stars is good enough compensation from RNGesus himself.

They could RESET EVERY ACCOUNT and the players would have no ground to stand on for a refund. 

Actually, it says that you will get all your plat refunded to your account if that happens.

OP has no case. Caveat Emptor. Buyer beware. Do you trust what's on the box (explicit point of sale list of items included) or what your mate says?

You are making no sense now. You are buying things that you don't end up using and you are happy with it, but you are buying other things which you actually wanted and then ask for a refund ?

ok...

Well, you have that sweet 75% off now, RNG compensated you for that inconviniece of 75plat lol.

I bought nyx immortal skin cause i wanted more cosmetic enhancement for my nyx prime. That one, i know that if i will purchase the said skin and not like how it works with my color mix-match, i will need to accept that fact.

cause i knew that when i purchased it the only thing i will get is a skin, no more no less and just for 40 plat.

Actually i do have a case.

Point here is, i would never buy Mesa without the Longhorn Helmet. I'd rathet buy Salad V coordinates, kill infrsted salad v and hope to get the parts i need. Once crafted, ill buy the longhorn helmet.

Some people value the cosmetic part of the game and i just happen to be one of them.

I haven't bought mesa and have no interest to and even i heard that she comes with helmet. Overpriced and weak and not even a helmet im not saying the guy should get a refund but this is just horrible value like this. Something should be done about this.

That's just it -- you HEARD it came with the helmet, as in someone told you. Wrongly.

Within the shop itself, the alt helmet was never mentioned in the Mesa description, and was only listed in the bundle.

Actually i do have a case.

Point here is, i would never buy Mesa without the Longhorn Helmet. I'd rathet buy Salad V coordinates, kill infrsted salad v and hope to get the parts i need. Once crafted, ill buy the longhorn helmet.

Some people value the cosmetic part of the game and i just happen to be one of them.

You really don't. You want an item to return that was never listed in the first place, and you want a refund because you bought it and expected said item even though it wasn't listed.

The blame is not on DE. It's on you.

Edited by Vargras

I bought nyx immortal skin cause i wanted more cosmetic enhancement for my nyx prime. That one, i know that if i will purchase the said skin and not like how it works with my color mix-match, i will need to accept that fact.

And when you purchased the Mesa Warframe, you knew that you were supposed to get only Mesa.

You had your friend confirm that buying Mesa also included the alternate helmet, which is not supposed to be in there; and then bought it.

cause i knew that when i purchased it the only thing i will get is a skin, no more no less and just for 40 plat.

Hypocrite much? You should be pleased that you no longer have the helmet, because you know (or should've); that buying Mesa only gets you Mesa + slot + reactor. No more, no less.

Price is a different topic entirely. If this is you whining about the (admittedly) high price of Mesa, we're done here.

Edited by Draciusen

Which you ended not wanting and are fine with it, yet your not happy with something that you KNEW would be fixed, KNEW it was never advertised to have a helmet, and KNEW how much you were spending?

And now you think YOU'RE the one who's justified to demand a refund on something you had NEVER really bought in the first place?

Youre just an entitled little brat, thats what youre justified to be

The removal of the Longhorn Helmet is definitely justifiable, as everyone knew it was a glitch. It doesn't matter whether the price was too high or not, because you have made a purchase for the frame only; it does not specifically state that it comes with the alternate helmet.

Refunds are never gonna happen. I've seen it happen from time to time when a free-to-play game shuts down, but never when a person regretted their choice.

There is also the Open Beta Agreement (yes, DE still considers this as Open Beta): https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/ (#2), so you also do not have ownership of said helmet either.

They fixed the glitch? *shrugs* I had the helmet when I bought the standard package and thought it was weird.

I'm not a fan of how the longhorn helmet looks anyhow so I wasn't using it.

The helmet wasn't suppose to be included, and I'm not gonna whine that its gone.

Which you ended not wanting and are fine with it, yet your not happy with something that you KNEW would be fixed, KNEW it was never advertised to have a helmet, and KNEW how much you were spending?

And now you think YOU'RE the one who's justified to demand a refund on something you had NEVER really bought in the first place?

Youre just an entitled little brat, thats what youre justified to be

You don't get it...

Like what i said repetitively, i will never buy Mesa standard package without the helmet cause that steep price tag is not worth paying for (in my personal opinion).

Knowing that the helmet was somewhat got mixed in the standard package was the only reason why i bought it in the first place. Now they've taken it away, there is no way for me that 325p is a worth it price tag for Mesa.

Like what i said, a lot of players bought the standard package cause the helmet was in it which makes it a bit worth it. 

You pulled that one from your arse.

"325p doesn't justify the worth of the frame whose abilities are currently inferior to the other warframes."

But a useless cosmetic item which allegedly may or may not come with the purchase does? What kind of logic is that?

So you basically admit that you bought a helmet for 325pl instead of 75pl (since mesa herself is pretty much of no value to you), but still think you're not the one in the wrong here?

o k

And I'll state it again. You have your opinion on a product, but that opinion doesn't justify you demanding a refund for it. If the product wasn't up to your expectations, and no refund policy exists for non-essential reasons, you're out of lucky buddy.

As someone highlighted in a post following my initial one, Mesa is a damn good frame. Not top tier according to you, but DAMN good. The grind justifies the convenience tax. 

With regards to the Longhorn Helmet, it's basically common sense. If you got something that wasn't part of the original package, there must be something wrong. 

You don't get it...

Like what i said repetitively, i will never buy Mesa standard package without the helmet cause that steep price tag is not worth paying for (in my personal opinion).

Knowing that the helmet was somewhat got mixed in the standard package was the only reason why i bought it in the first place. Now they've taken it away, there is no way for me that 325p is a worth it price tag for Mesa.

A few things:

1. No other standard package has the alt helmet included. Why would Mesa be any different?

2. You knew that the alt helmet somehow got mixed into the standard package, meaning you likely knew it shouldn't have been there. Yet you bought it anyways, and now you're complaining about it.

You've got nothing to stand on.

I think it's a bit harsh trashing Mesa's plat value when, although there's mixed criticism on her, there's many people who value her highly in the community and even take her into T4 Void. There are already several accredited Void builds, we'll start with her 4 + Trinity + Frost's globe, she can actually keep using her 4 indefinitely. Given, everything I know about her is through the forum and youtube comments, since I'm a PS4 player, but you can check these sources and see plenty of success stories about her, maybe you just need to experiment with builds for her, she's not entirely straight-forward after all. And you see negative criticism as well, and maybe she'll get buffed soon, but I don't think those who've put time into figuring her out are really complaining about that. Even with complaints, where buffs and changes are fairly frequent, you could at least wait and see if your concerns are addressed if you're having trouble with her rather than crap all over her plat value compared to Rhino or Frost, when you see a fairly sizable portion of the community satisfied with this frame, a number of those having bought her as well.

Taking a note from your book, your argument is an unjustifiable plat refund.

But I said it before and I'll say it again, your thread is absolutely pointless and has absolutely no reason to exist. Instead of asking the company for a refund you're taking a megaphone out and yelling at the costomers "I DESERVE A REFUND!" and trying to justify to a completely unrelated third party how you were oh so wronged and deserve something that CLEARLY the vast majority of said third party does not think in any way whatsoever that you deserve.

Not only that but you're not even helping your case because if anyone who answers your ticket for a refund has seen this thread then there's a good probability it will bias their response to your request.

Personally in my opinion this thread should just be locked since it's not a general discussion, it's a matter that should be and can only be resolved via a ticket. It's not a discussion of of mesa's platinum value, nor is it a discussion related to the longhorn helmet. It's a private matter that should be resolved privately, not publicly.

You know what? I say since OP here doesn't want his Mesa without the Longhorn helmet then fine, DE should take Mesa away from them and give her to a player without one. There OP, you're no longer stuck with Mesa and you got that nice 75% off as compensation.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

That's just it -- you HEARD it came with the helmet, as in someone told you. Wrongly.

Within the shop itself, the alt helmet was never mentioned in the Mesa description, and was only listed in the bundle.

Dude why are you telling this to me? I wasnt the one stupid enough to put down 325 for this thing Im not the one who wants refund i dont even care about the helmet I just pointed out that this thing is overpriced.

- it's a matter that should be and can only be resolved via a ticket. It's not a discussion of of mesa's platinum value, nor is it a discussion related to the longhorn helmet. It's a private matter that should be resolved privately, not publicly.

It has come to the point where this statement has been finalized by the posts this thread has received and the responses OP gave.

This is mainly a personal dissatisfaction with how the bug had occured, how the OP bought into that bug and had it taken away, now believing a refund should be had for that reason, as well as for the OP believing the performance of the frame is not to a quality he desired for said platinum price.

At this point, it is no longer an aimed and overbearing opinion about the game, it has become a more personal issue that would have better luck and place to be made a case with Support.

If you wish to create a topic talking about the price, and the reasons they should be adjusted outside of these specififc personal issues, feel free to do so in the General Feedback subforum.

Locking.