Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vanishing Bullets In Semi-Auto Secondaries

Kowareta

When using semi auto secondaries (Akbolto, Bolto, Brakk, etc), I seem to be using up my entire clip in 3 rapid clicks, even moderately rapid clicks seem to use up my entire 42 round Akbolto clip in 5-10 clicks. It doesn't seem to actually fire the extra rounds that vanish, either, the round just enter an entirely new dimension. Is a Christmas Limbogrinch playing a trick on me?

In all seriousness, this is furiously frustrating as the Akbolto and Brakk are my main weapons. This bug doesn't seem to affect my Primary semi-auto's.

--------

Edit: After playing around with this bug/glitch for a while, I've come to realize that the lower frames I get in a mission (30FPS or less), and the faster I try to fire my weapon, the more bullets go missing. An example scenario would be: Orokin Defense wave 25, I have 20FPS, fire 3 shot rapidly from Akbolto, first shot goes from 22 round to 21 rounds, second shot goes from 21 round to 19 round, third shot goes from 19 rounds to 16 rounds. From 22 rounds, I fire 3 shots, and end up with 16 rounds left in the chamber. 3 shots disappeared.

Edited by Kowareta

• 2 months later...

I noticed this too. I found out that it's not exactly that the shots are missing, but compressed. I tried taking shots with my pistol, and sometimes I'd see my 2-3 damage floaters showing 160 damage when I fired slow, deliberate single shots, but woud sometimes see that number of 320s when I noticed a missing bullet. I think if the framerate's too low to let the shots go at normal speed (My average is about 15 fps, so I'm at this point a lot), then the shot takes two bullets for double damage in order to keep firerate up.

I'm not 100% sure that this is what it is, but with the damage not likely being crits or multishot-related, this is my best guess at the cause. I heard DE fixed burst-weapon fire rate last month, maybe semiaugo finally got fixed as well via this method.

Its strange for me because I haven't seen multiple damage hits or higher damage numbers from my missing shots. I've tried without any multishot mods on, and I get a 22 from a freshly bought Lato when I fire 1 bullet, and the same number when 5 bullets go MIA.