Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa.....really?

FATEdPondera

Okay, I hardly ever make complain posts like this, but....I need to say something.

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to name her Mesa? I mean.... if it was an earth-themed frame, sure, I'd go with it. But.... this is like the kind of thing that was thought up in 5 minutes on a friday evening.

I know it's definitely a first world problem, but this just bothers me. So, I put it forward for everyone to call her by a better name. The best name that I think the community came up with in the hype before her release.

Calamity.

MreNFba.jpg

what do you mean? seems perfectly fine to me

Okay, I hardly ever make complain posts like this, but....I need to say something.

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to name her Mesa? I mean.... if it was an earth-themed frame, sure, I'd go with it. But.... this is like the kind of thing that was thought up in 5 minutes on a friday evening.

I know it's definitely a first world problem, but this just bothers me. So, I put it forward for everyone to call her by a better name. The best name that I think the community came up with in the hype before her release.

Calamity.

also mesa is the type of terrain that was generally in the vicinity of these old western town where the classic shoot outs occured. its pretty weird to name her after a table though.... 

Edited by Llelouche

after "limbo" was on, I couldn't see how warframe names can get any weirder, I know that "limbo" is perfect for this frame since it means.....something? related to what he does

The definition of Limbo is either a region on the border of heaven or hell, an intermediate, transitional, or midway state or place, as described by dictionary.com. Since Limbo's rifts are halfway between the real world and that of the void, it is a perfect summary to what he does. You get an idea of what he's like even before you see him do his rendition of "Friends on the other side"

Mesa, as people pointed out, is a land formation typically common in the American south-west. Tells nothing about what she can do. At a glance, one would think of her as an Earth-bending type before she whipped out her regulators and shot them in the face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamity_Jane

Calamity Jane was a scout skilled primarily in the realms of gunplay, wrecking the day of whatever crossed her, and kindness and compassion to those who needed it most

I don't mean to poke fun, but your name is FATEdPondera... da hell is that? Did you know that there is a Mesa in Pondera county, Montana?

I'll be happy to explain. Pondera is latin for balance. http://www.latin-dictionary.org/pondera

As for FATE.... it's my favorite dungeon crawler. I particularly enjoyed The Traitor Soul.

Also, I don't live in Montana, but those who named the county that probably looked up the same latin I did.

The definition of Limbo is either a region on the border of heaven or hell, an intermediate, transitional, or midway state or place, as described by dictionary.com. Since Limbo's rifts are halfway between the real world and that of the void, it is a perfect summary to what he does. You get an idea of what he's like even before you see him do his rendition of "Friends on the other side"

Mesa, as people pointed out, is a land formation typically common in the American south-west. Tells nothing about what she can do. At a glance, one would think of her as an Earth-bending type before she whipped out her regulators and shot them in the face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamity_Jane

Calamity Jane was a scout skilled primarily in the realms of gunplay, wrecking the day of whatever crossed her, and kindness and compassion to those who needed it most

good points you give there +1

after "limbo" was on, I couldn't see how warframe names can get any weirder, I know that "limbo" is perfect for this frame since it means.....something? related to what he does

you mean the plane between heaven, earth and hell in Semitic Religions? why would a separate and mostly desolate plane of existence go with a plane walker...

Maybe it's a cultural thing, Fatedpondie, but when I hear the word "mesa" this is what I think of:

Cattle_Roundup,_Great_Falls,_MT,_Geo_B_B

For some North Americans raised on old western movies, we get the mental image of cowboys and indians when we think of Mesa... Or roadrunners and coyotes, depending on our age.

You can just call me Fate. Everyone else usually does.

But yes, I KNOW what a Mesa is. I've watched several westerns, like the wild wild west (both the old show and the one with Will Smith), Tombstone, etc. I'm just saying that, instead of a land formation NEAR where historical events occurred, using the nickname of a potent historical character she's drawing her theme from would be more fitting.