Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa.....really?

FATEdPondera

I honestly think Calamity is a worse name than Mesa, simply because I'm not a history buff (And never will be), and the first things that come to mind when I think Calamity are:

1) BlazBlue

2) Chaos

3) Calamari

Dust or even Tumbleweed would remind me more of the old west than Calamity, but Mesa is just as good. Even though I think of tables before I think of Arizona.

Calamity is a name that should be used for a Orokin attempt at a Super Tenno that went rouge with an unstable Super Warframe, and can use all the powers, and absorb all matter like a combination of Orokin tech, Tenno power, Warframe, Sentient Tech, and Infested flesh... Infact that would be a good name if Stalker's Warframe had a Mk. II model, or an unstable prototype model... Being used by an unstable Tenno that could go the void version of "Going Nuclear" but in its case would explode creating a void hole (Black hole variant) that sucks things into the void violently...

Calamity needs to be saved for a Warframe that can cause un-imaginable destruction, and be a boss character... Possible even a Void Assassination boss. Sealed away in the void by Excalibur Prime...

Calamity needs to be saved for a Warframe that can cause un-imaginable destruction, and be a boss character... Possible even a Void Assassination boss. Sealed away in the void by Excalibur Prime...

Haha, you just got me thinking about how epic it would be if there was an actual lore-based reason that Excalibur Prime is gone forever. Like, he sealed it away as his final act, but he was trapped along with it, and no trace of his existence escaped.

after "limbo" was on, I couldn't see how warframe names can get any weirder, I know that "limbo" is perfect for this frame since it means.....something? related to what he does

Wait, you still don't know what Limbo means?

Edited by EetNotErn

I heard Mesa was a famous town that gunfights took place in which would definitely befit her

Mesa, AZ is the most populous suburb (of Phoenix) in the United States

To the east about 20 miles lies a famous table top that rises about 1800 feet above the desert floor known as Superstition Mountain where supposedly the cursed Lost Duchman's Gold Mine is located

Don't know about any historically famous gun fight in Mesa, AZ but southeast is Tombstone which lies atop a true mesa where the OK Corral showdown occurred

Regarding the choice of the name for the new warframe, I get the impression that it was an extemporaneous idea much like Limbo was (watch Devstream 37)

Sure, there is allusion to thematic elements as Aristopheles points out, including the Spanish shoulder jerkin and tight leggings typical of the 1800s, but overall the symbolism seems tepid when compared to an iconic name like Excalibur

Ironically, Mesa is probably my favorite character that DE has rolled out since Valkyr ...

What is clear is that DE does NOT want to be predictable in their character design

Between understandability (predictability) and inscrutability (surprise), perhaps this isn't such a bad trade off