The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing, And The Holy Missiles Of Hurt.

Nuparu92

So, Archwing. Pretty fun right? I thoroughly enjoy it, however, there is something I want to address here. 

Everyone knows that Uranus is hard when it comes to archwing. Well, it doesn't need to be toned down in difficulty. The problem here is the enemies missiles. Have you seen yourself get hit my them? Three missile hit on uranus and your done. Now I like this. There missiles right? There suppose to hurt. However, we need something to tell use that these bad boys are coming. A red alert sign in the middle or bottom of the screen, and a sound effect, would be more that enough to do this. Let us know that these missiles are coming. Then you can use your anti missile abilities, or dodge out of the way.

Can you imagine how fun and fast paced this would make archwing if were actively avoiding these deadly things? Anyone who has ever played Star Fox, ACE Online, or even Robotech, will know exactly what this is like. 

You'll be sitting there with you gun, shooting enemies off the interception control point while AC/DC plays in the background. Then suddenly the grineer hellions spawn. *Missile Incoming* You see your little prompt on the screen flash, and you dash out of the way just narrowly avoiding them. 

TL;DR Give us and on screen alert that missiles are coming so we can avoid them, thus making Archwing far more fast paced. You have to give us a chance to avoid something as deadly as the Holy Hellion Missile.

How is it that Tenno, future space ninjas with awesome powers, don't have target lock warnings? We have it RIGHT NOW, it's standard on military air crafts. Heck, DE should make it so that your ship AI is the one who warns you as he is already part of the ship so why not also the Archwing? He can be funny with how he suddenly switches from angry to happy in an instant. Though DE would have to make like 10 different lines because you're bound to be targeted a LOT and hearing the same thing repeated gets real annoying real fast. An example would be "(happy) Operator, missiles incoming. (Angry) So move!" 

Edited by Phalian

Have missiles travel at the speed and with the same level of obviousness of the missiles fired by the rocket turrets in Dark Sector Conflicts.

And make them a bit louder, so we can clearly hear that missiles are coming. Maybe reduce the amount of rockets that each Hellion can have active at a time.