Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity: Energy Vampire

[DE]Glen

Trinity’s Energy Vampire will be receiving tweaks soon that address a common infinite energy loophole being used in game. Trinity players are likely aware that Energy Vampire deals damage to targets and the coming tweaks only affect the damage dealing aspect of the ability. 

The next version of Trinity’s Energy Vampire will include the following: 

• Damage dealt is now direct-to-health damage instead of Slash (ignoring armor)
  • Damage is now only scaled off of HP instead of HP + Shields
  • Damage will scale off of their current HP or ¼ of their max, whichever is greater
  • Damage will always be at least 5 HP per pulse
  • You will no longer be able to cast on targets that won’t take damage from it; this specifically applies during the invulnerability phases of certain bosses

The effect of these changes is that you can no longer get energy from a target without hurting it -- previously the damage output would dwindle away to nothing as the enemy got closer and closer to death and you could continue to leech energy forever (to say nothing of targets that were naturally invulnerable).

This also means that Trinity can do massive damage to very powerful enemies using Vampire; in my testing a maximum power-strength Trinity can effectively cut a target’s HP in half with a single cast!

This change will undoubtedly open up a lot of conversations about damage abilities overall using ratios and percentages instead of constant values; this is something we will be paying close attention to however it’s important to remember that, even though this makes Energy Vampire more deadly, combining it with Well of Life is already amazingly powerful!

Please let us know your thoughts on these changes -- they should be out in a hotfix soon.

Another Trinity nerf, ha ha.  Is there some kind of meme I'm unaware of?

**edit:  after reading this, I think it's fair.  I was actually unaware of the infinite energy loophole because I almost always kill them immediately after using EV.  The damage boost is certainly a welcome addition :)

So this basically guarantees a kill over the duration of the ability, from what I'm seeing (four tics, 1/4 of max life taken guaranteed).  Combine it with Well of Life and the enemy should be killed within one tic.  If you don't use it with Well of Life, and equip a maxed Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude you'll have like, what, a 1.1 second duration?  Combine that with a Rank 4 Rage and you've got a kill every 0.5-0.6 seconds, roughly, regardless of enemy level, plus energy and health pulsing out.  It's pretty interesting, actually...sure you want to do this?

Edited by fadeinlight

I tried to combo well of life and energy vampire but without much success.

To make WoL more viable, I still think that Soul Survivor shall be a Trinity augment attached to the otherwise merely single-target CC which is Well of Life. After all the nerfs, such a tweak is well deserved.

Edited by dadaddadada

Damage dealt is now direct-to-health damage instead of Slash (ignoring armor)

Can we please get this for Mag's crush too?~  Armor should not reduce damage from being crushed by oneself, if anything it should increase it.

Mag needs some love against non-corpus anyway~ Alloy armor really hurts her :<

Edited by Tails-san

Does it scale with Well of Life HP increase?

The old 1-2 combo of Well of Life followed by an Energy Vamp cast just before Well of Life expires leading to enemy with normal hp taking damage scaled to the 10x Well of Life state.

Edit: Oh, asked and answered already.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Once upon a time Trinity was my main, but because she was too amazing the great evil DE lords nerfed her magical healing ability. Once her healing instantly replenished the life out of broken souls, and it granted them a few seconds of invisibility, the invisbility was so great that she could link the damage to other enemies and hurt herself without any damage to channel that damage to the evil fractions plaqued in the universe. But after some time, Trinity was finding new purpose on how to use her other abilities, but the great evil DE lords decided against it once again and will be trying to neutralize her power in fear she might be a somewhat decent combatant.

As they nerfed her abilities once more, DE whispered. "Loki Master Race....."

d'aww. that means i can't cast it on Lephantis anymore, regardless of Boss state.

i guess i'll have to settle for casting it on the Trash Units that spawn. which will be fine.

it's most likely a nerf

that's royally amusing, considering Energy Vampire will deal more Damage to your selected targets.

If you implement it as you stated, without a making a few adjustments, I think you'll end up regretting it.

Casting EV on an enemy affected by Well of Life should kill them within one tic, about 2.25 seconds, and cause them to radiate both health and energy.

Without using Well of Life, you could mod Trinity with a maxed Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude, and reduce the duration down to something like 1.125 seconds (I think).  Equip a Rank 4 Blind Rage, and they'll be dead in half that time...and with a maxed Streamline, it will end up costing 17.5 energy to use.

So a team of four Trinities could take out 4 enemies every 0.5-0.6 seconds, regardless of level.  Substitute a Mag prime and a Banshee, and you've got a perpetual winning machine for Void missions...