The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glow Or No Glow From Elemental Mods?

eyeZon_75

Question

Hello fellow Tenno

A wierd problem I have.

I sometimes play warframe on the same pc as a friend. We have the same warframe, with the same gear and mods installed. However, my friend has an extreme green or blue glow (depending on the elemental mods installed on the melee weapon) on the whole back of the warframe, but when I log in, my Ash does not have this green or blue glow.

All grafic settings are obviously the same.

We have tried using the same warframe colors and tried rearranging the mods and still she has the glow and I do not. Only when she removes all elemental mods the glow disapears.

Anyone with great Tenno wisdom who can crack this connundrum? :)

5 answers to this question

You can enable and disable the elemental effects in the settings. They are the last option in the Display section (Weapon Elemental Effects).

EDIT: Tenno'd.

I run with it off for two reasons. First, the lights lag behind the character, making it look silly. Second, the colors rarely match my color scheme.

Edited by egregiousRac

Thanks Tenno

So my friend was logged in. We turned weapon fx off and the glow went away just Like you Said and like normal. Then i logged in. ( steam, then WF) and checked my gfx settings and saw weapon fx was turned ON, but I still didn't have the elemental glow on the back. The fx was showing on the weapon. Sparks and all that, but no glow on the warframe.

Thats whats wierd.

Considering that weapon fx turned on and off during logins. Its probally because warframe isn't perfected in user settings. I remember allways having my settings different while swtiching from laptop and desktop (just like my colour schemes being often changed, having all colours set to some white variant). The 'user settings' just don't seem to be saved copmletely and problaly partly on its current local device on which you are playing at that specific moment.

also if you see liek that option turned on and it doens't work as it should be. try switching this thing off- and on ( and vice versa if you wanted it disabled) and then restart.

consequently restarting and login in on different accounts in turn might cause some confusing of local saved settings.