Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And Yet Another Useless Tactical Alert!

InsanePMK

When I logged in today I saw their was a new tactical alert: pack mentality. Why do all of the tactical alerts consist of trying to kill several boss type enemies at once?

Hyena Facility: Hyena Ng's

Shifting Sands: Hellions with power cells, and Red Desert Skates.

Cold Revenge: Corpus Techs and Guardian Shield Ospreys! 

And now Pack Mentality: 4 friggin Drahk Master at once!

Not only that these are always impossibly hard! My Paris (Yes I still use the original Paris!) could one shot all of the Grineer on Saturn, yet on this alert it takes 3 fully charged shots to kill one Lancer!!! And that is with all of the Drahk Masters taking your weapons! 

And what do I get if I complete this event? A SIGIL OF A WREATH!? That doesn't even make any sense! I get that Christmas is coming but wouldn't it make more sense if it was a picture of a Drahk or maybe a Halikar Mace or something that has to do with Drahk Masters or Drahks? Also if you kill 100 Drahk Masters (don't know why you want do that to yourself for) you get ANOTHER Stratos emblem which DE apparently thinks we need 4 of for some reason.  Those are the only rewards you get from this tactical alert. At least give me a forma blueprint, potato blueprint, credit or affinity booster, or even credits! Something actually 

The enemies weren't really that tough.  If your paris couldn't do it, then you probably weren't putting in your best possible shot.  This was one of the few tactical alerts where I didn't devolve to a penta after the first mission.  The enemies were not push overs, but they were not tough enough or time wasting enough to cause people take the easy way out.

I don't really like this tactical alert.  It really wasn't particularly interesting, but it also wasn't ridiculously difficult.  Just fake and forced because as usual the limited conclave rating doesn't really cut back on any weapon choices truly.  You don't have to balance anything when you can just pick a good weapon and tone back your shields a little bit and waltz through.

To be honest, this tactical alert was really bland.  It's good that it wasn't so hard (though seriously, getting in under conclave is a joke; de-equip your companion and either primary or secondary and it's easy) but Exterminates are just stupidly easy.  It was just another corridor rush, like 95% of Alerts.

But Tactical alerts have been pretty whatever except for the first two anyways.  Hyena NGs were at least an unusual mob that require different tactics to fight, and Shifting Sands had an interesting twist on an interesting (to me, anyways) gameplay mode.

I did it in 4 or 5 without even thinking about it.

Seriously? Easiest one ever, I thought it was easy on purpose because "xmas". I ran a Frost the first time, just bubbled up and murdered everything in total safety, plus all the dogs were in slow motion. Move globe spot, rinse and repeat.

The second time I had Excalibur, and Glaive'd everything, and if I got bored, Radial Javelin murdered everything in a large radius.

What the hell Frame did you use and found it hard on ???

Useless? 
I'm sorry, but this was by far the most enjoyable one. 

My first run as an Ash granted me 52 points.

Second run needed something lower. A rank 10 Zephyr with a rank 5 heat sword. I had to actually roll. ROLL

Because they kept firing, so I had to roll away to reduce damage and make sure I can survive.

When Warframe makes you roll, it did something right.

This is actually the first tactical alert I completed up to the stratos emblem. I didn't bother with them earlier.

Didn't feel like a chore and was a nice place to level up mesa a bit.

Was a fun alert.

I did all besides the 1st one ( DE messed up my game and I couldn't log in for many, many days )

When Warframe makes you roll, it did something right.

So let me get this straight. This was fun because you rolled a lot?  Let me introduce to you a an extra special enemy called the Seeker! These guys are found as early as Earth, and throw Latchers which stick to your body and explode. How do you get them off? YOU ROLL. It isn't unique at all that the game makes you roll in a tactical alert when you can just do it on any grineer mission past Earth. (Or any mission for that matter, the rolling doesn't turn off when on different planets.) I need more reasons to like this missions beside out of place sigils and rolling.  

Dunno what you're talking about, I ran this thing as just two people using crappy guns and had my new stratos emblem in 20 minutes.

Well when all of the other tactical alerts gave you forma, potatoes, orokin cells, credits AND a stratos emblem, this one really failes in comparison to all of the other 3 tactical alerts.

Well when all of the other tactical alerts gave you forma, potatoes, orokin cells, credits AND a stratos emblem, this one really failes in comparison to all of the other 3 tactical alerts.

It was fun and easy and I got a wreath sigil out of it, so I'm good.

It was mildly fun, but then I was just like "meh" and used The 4 Alone with Saryn. I still had a pretty decent weapon for backup, as well as Carrier, even on the lower conclave rating one. This isn't to say the requirements should get lower; the self-nerfing gets really stupid really fast.