Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And Yet Another Useless Tactical Alert!

InsanePMK

Honestly this one seemed more like a "fun" one for players to do just to get the sigil and emblem rather than a real challenge. On the 5 runs it took to get the 100 points, my teammates just nuked everything on the map before I could even see them half the time. Not exactly fun, but this was probably the easiest one so far.

Hm I thought this was the easiest, fastest tactical alert to complete so far. Finished it in mere 3 runs with melee-only Valkyr (barely used Hysteria, just armor-tanking). Also felt like the biggest reward from it was getting all those Drahks at the same time. I'd usually leave the Masters alive for a while for them to spawn more critters, they're a lot more fun to fight than feral kubrow, which are just annoying.

When I logged in today I saw their was a new tactical alert: pack mentality. Why do all of the tactical alerts consist of trying to kill several boss type enemies at once?

Hyena Facility: Hyena Ng's

Shifting Sands: Hellions with power cells, and Red Desert Skates.

Cold Revenge: Corpus Techs and Guardian Shield Ospreys! 

And now Pack Mentality: 4 friggin Drahk Master at once!

Not only that these are always impossibly hard! My Paris (Yes I still use the original Paris!) could one shot all of the Grineer on Saturn, yet on this alert it takes 3 fully charged shots to kill one Lancer!!! And that is with all of the Drahk Masters taking your weapons! 

And what do I get if I complete this event? A SIGIL OF A WREATH!? That doesn't even make any sense! I get that Christmas is coming but wouldn't it make more sense if it was a picture of a Drahk or maybe a Halikar Mace or something that has to do with Drahk Masters or Drahks? Also if you kill 100 Drahk Masters (don't know why you want do that to yourself for) you get ANOTHER Stratos emblem which DE apparently thinks we need 4 of for some reason.  Those are the only rewards you get from this tactical alert. At least give me a forma blueprint, potato blueprint, credit or affinity booster, or even credits! Something actually 

Man what a crybaby.   I finished this thing off in a couple of hours.   Too easy.   Try doing some PvP to sharpen your skills.   You've been pounding on mushy NPC's for too long.

Meanwhile, it was a great way to get Kubrow eggs.   Thanks DE!!!

Edited by AOD_sepulchrave

snip

Whine whine whine. What's your MR? Or, to put it a better way, how good are your mod loadouts (do you use maxed mods, elemental combos, builds that specifically work well with the frame or weapon in question, potatos, formas, etc)? Because you must've gone in there with some craptastically bad stuff to suffer that much, or your approach just sucked. I got over 100 points in probably 5-6 runs, and I did the first 50 solo. I took Limbo (they can't steal my guns when I'm rift walking :P), Karak, Lex Prime, and a Heat Sword, and kicked asses without much of a problem.   

Edited by Arvenski

Well, An exclusive sigil isn't bad. Sure, would have been nice to see some extra goodies, but I'm not greedy. At least it was some variety, ad it gave me a chance to look for more Kubrow mods.

All in all, pretty standard tactical alert. I think it was there more for fun than actual serious reasons :)

Update time! We now have the cheesy named Toxic Terrors Tactical Alert!

Basically it has the same annoyances as Pack Mentality:

5 boss type enemies at once

Lame exterminate mission type

Stupidly Over Powered for no reason

Useless sigil and stratos emblem as reward

Also every enemies do poison damage due to some stupid reptile never before mentioned in the game. When will DE get tired of being so predictable?!

Also every enemies do poison damage due to some stupid reptile never before mentioned in the game. When will DE get tired of being so predictable?!

Past two tactical alerts have been laughably easy -- finished Pack Mentality in three runs and this one in two.

You're doing something horribly wrong, bud.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Seriously, I don't see how you even have a problem. You're not missing anything by not playing them, seeing as you apparently find cosmetics useless.

Why do you even play video games at all? All of your complaints could be applied to video games as a whole, not just Tactical Alerts.

These tactical alerts are easy enough.  Like most of the prepared players, I had no problem nuking the entire event without even noticing the difference in difficulty.  

I do feel getting the sigils as a reward is better than simply getting them mailed to us for no effort.  I would like the event more if it had additional rewards like pre-built forma/catalys_bp/reactor_bp or something that has use beyond bling.

Past two tactical alerts have been laughably easy -- finished Pack Mentality in three runs and this one in two.

You're doing something horribly wrong, bud.

I went with a level 30 oberon  a level 30 soma,and nearly fully ranked antitoxin mod (that is the mod which gives you a resistance to poison) and i DIED A BUNCH! I can see how this might be easy if you and 3 others spam boltor primes at everything, but if you try it solo and don't use the boltor prime then you are screwed!

I went with a level 30 oberon  a level 30 soma,and nearly fully ranked antitoxin mod (that is the mod which gives you a resistance to poison) and i DIED A BUNCH! I can see how this might be easy if you and 3 others spam boltor primes at everything, but if you try it solo and don't use the boltor prime then you are screwed!

Oh, I must be doing it wrong then...

II0uJt3.jpg

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Seriously, I don't see how you even have a problem. You're not missing anything by not playing them, seeing as you apparently find cosmetics useless.

Why do you even play video games at all? All of your complaints could be applied to video games as a whole, not just Tactical Alerts.

No I just hate things that are bull dookie. All these alerts are basically kill 100 boss enemies and you get an award showing you killed 100 boss enemies. The missions aren't even original it is just kill, kill, kill. If in Pack Mentality the objective was to rescue a bunch of wild kubrows from the tyrannical Drakk Masters, or if the Toxic Terrors mission was to prevent the Scorpions from extracting poison from whatever reptile was mentioned (or introducing the new reptile for US to fight), or if we got something worthwhile from these alerts, than this forum post wouldn't exist. 

I did them solo. With a Mesa and just AkMagnus, no primary, melee, or sentinel/kubrow. Didn't die.

I haven't seen anyone else having this much trouble.

Feel free to go back to farming survival missions then.

Well at least the point of survival mission is to well.. survive, you also kill enemies, activate pods, and get a REWARD every 5 minutes.  Also survival missions were already in the game since update flippin 10, and were new and intresting at the time! This is quote on quote "new" but doesn't add every thing different other than a mis-themed sigil and another stratos emblem. There is no real point in DE creating things ither than the fact people have tiny attention spans and get bored of things in a month.  

Well at least the point of survival mission is to well.. survive, you also kill enemies, activate pods, and get a REWARD every 5 minutes.  Also survival missions were already in the game since update flippin 10, and were new and intresting at the time! This is quote on quote "new" but doesn't add every thing different other than a mis-themed sigil and another stratos emblem. There is no real point in DE creating things ither than the fact people have tiny attention spans and get bored of things in a month.  

Ya and the point of exterminate is to exterminate.  Getting 100 points in the tactical alert should take you less than 10 minutes for getting both the sigil and the emblem+1 and is definitely a lot more interesting than just getting a holiday sigil in the mail.

As for the difficulty you're experiencing, I'd imagine you'd enjoy the opportunity to experiment with new loadouts or teamplay until you find something that works well.  In that regard, I am disappointing in the tactical alert as the standard tactic I was using dominated every run as if there was no difficulty change at all.

OP, huh?... did it with unranked mire on nova and with the same mire on mesa.... tbh, didn't find ANY problem with that...kinda... they didn't even get close for me to use mire.... to begin with...

Ya and the point of exterminate is to exterminate.  Getting 100 points in the tactical alert should take you less than 10 minutes for getting both the sigil and the emblem+1 and is definitely a lot more interesting than just getting a holiday sigil in the mail.

As for the difficulty you're experiencing, I'd imagine you'd enjoy the opportunity to experiment with new loadouts or teamplay until you find something that works well.  In that regard, I am disappointing in the tactical alert as the standard tactic I was using dominated every run as if there was no difficulty change at all.

where do i sign that i agree on "disappointment"? i mean, shifting sands was at least a bit difficult. cold revenge?.... much less, except for endurance, AND that was ONLY due to OP energy drain... nothing else there was hard. but there is one thing i've noticed... with current loadouts of mr9+.... that is pretty much hard to make a passable mission (for newbies), yet, not to make it TOO EASY for above mentioned m.ranks. AND, you won't argue on that, will you?

Soloed it with level 23 Mesa and my Tiberon. Use cover and shoot from afar. It's was tough for me, but not impossible. I get that you don't like the tactical alerts but here's the thing. DE has a massive playerbase to balance around. For some people it will be hard and for others it will be easy. Their goal is to find a balance they are happy with, not one that satisfies you particularly.

As to rewards... they aren't required to give you anything. There are two more tactical alerts that are going to follow this one that will give holiday themed sigils. What DE is doing is trying to offer people the chance to get some holiday themed swag without locking it behind a pay wall and without simply giving it away for free. I for one am pretty happy with that. You obviously aren't, but in the long run we and others like us balance out.

Lastly with the whole lack of originality thing. They aren't supposed to be new freaking game modes. All tactical alerts are is alerts with a twist, kind of like nightmare mode. Some alerts give helmet blueprints, some give some extra credits.

Soloed it with level 23 Mesa and my Tiberon. Use cover and shoot from afar. It's was tough for me, but not impossible. I get that you don't like the tactical alerts but here's the thing. DE has a massive playerbase to balance around. For some people it will be hard and for others it will be easy. Their goal is to find a balance they are happy with, not one that satisfies you particularly.

As to rewards... they aren't required to give you anything. There are two more tactical alerts that are going to follow this one that will give holiday themed sigils. What DE is doing is trying to offer people the chance to get some holiday themed swag without locking it behind a pay wall and without simply giving it away for free. I for one am pretty happy with that. You obviously aren't, but in the long run we and others like us balance out.

Lastly with the whole lack of originality thing. They aren't supposed to be new freaking game modes. All tactical alerts are is alerts with a twist, kind of like nightmare mode. Some alerts give helmet blueprints, some give some extra credits.

Sorry to break your bubble, but USE WHAT???? COVERS?? they get oneshot with nearly anything. and not like they do much damage... well,though... IF you let them hit you for like 10 seconds in a row, MAYBE they will do something....

i mean, COME ON, guys... for all the whine i've seen here - that's just getting booring... IDK, maybe those who whine should actually use mods??? like, i don't know... or maybe stop sleeping on a KB while playing? for i see this as THE ONLY reason why those 2 tacticals could be considered DIFFICULT... and, just for statistics. let alone mesa, they didn't even hit my nova 2 times for 2 runs... much less killing her.

P.S. as for alert - thanks for free sigil and stratos emblem update

Edited by Shahid2004

P.S. as for alert - thanks for free sigil and stratos emblem update

WARNING: Obvious sarcasm ahead

Right, because earning a sigil which dosen't do anything other than have a weird christmas theme, completely unrelated to the event which you've earned it from, and a stratos emblem you probably already have 5 of is my idea of a "FUN TIME"! What a neat an awesome event DE! thanks!

The last toxic thing was a bit silly. But it was easy to do. Just needed to be on my toes slightly more and not get swarmed, and make sure you have some srmour, as shields have no effect whatsoever.

Basically this alert would be a piece of cake for any defensive frame or frame with damage mitigation or heal abilities, or even invisibility. Good examples being Frost, Rhino, Trinity, Valkyr, Volt (electric shield), Hydroid, Oberon, Loki, Ash, Nyx, Banshee, you name it.

And what it comes to killing the enemies, I took nothing more than a rank 30 Grakata with me, so I say it is not exactly the most difficult mission ever.

Just take your time and have some fun, ffs...