Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Should Probably Have Different Ads Speeds

MJ12

Here's how you nerf the Gorgon but stop frustrating people.

1. Give all weapons differing ADS speeds. Pistols and light weapons can have fast ADS speeds (so you can dodge attacks while zoomed), rifles/shotguns mostly stay the same.

2. Make the Gorgon slow you down to nearly an immobile crawl while zoomed in and be less accurate while not zoomed in. At this point it could probably be laser accurate and still not be overpowered.

Bam, done. The Gorgon is now nerfed because it becomes a shoot or move weapon with a spinup time, which is in line with the fact that it's a heavy support weapon, and isn't a ridiculously inaccurate POS which is now only good for jamming into the face of bosses. So basically, use a Gorgon, forget about dodging. Figure out a good firing position before you use it.

Edited by MJ12

Would this apply to the Snipetron as well?

I think a change like this would allow the Snipetron to get a lot more powerful without making it an automatic choice over something like the Paris or Lex.

Edited by I00thlurker

Probably but that'd require the Snipetron to be buffed.

That's the idea. Long arms require you to sacrifice mobility, but have potent damage.

Ease of handling = mobility while using ADS would add a new way of balancing weapons actually. For example, why pick the Grakata over a Braton? Grakata, being an SMG, could allow you to move faster in ADS.

Edited by I00thlurker

Differing Ads speeds sounds a good idea to me. You can still hose down a bunch of goons with inaccurate fire on the go, but if you want to hunker down and pretend you're the unholy blend of Raiden, Simo Häyhä, and Carlos Hathcock that works too.