Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Momentum! Melee Mod

PureBeurre

So the other day I was using my melee weapons jumping off crates to do ground pounds and thought "Why don't I do more damage the higher up I ground pound from?". That is when I thought of the momentum mod (or weapon feature). It would be the first dual edge mod where on equip you gain a higher amount of damage and a farther damage radius the higher you ground pound from. But on the flip side is if you ground pound closer to the ground you will do less damage an have a smaller damage radius.

The mod would be uncommon or rare and start off with a 5% increase of higher ground distance to damage ratio and 5% decrease for shorter distances (ground pounding from the top of a normal jump may or may be penalized I am not sure yet). The amount for the higher ground distance would increase in damage while the decrease would stay the same as you upgrade it (wouldn't want to punish you for upgrading it). This could lead to some amazing ninja like moves with some weapons not commonly used for ground pounding as well as some new inovation in how you use crates and wall running as well as add more meaning for excaliburs' high jump ability.

Alternatevely it could just be a permenent feature of all weapons, or the mod can only be used on heavy weapons maby. As a permanent feature it would increase as the weapon leveled every 5 levels or so with the same effects on stats as listed above. 

I realize it may just be a crazy concept but I though it would be a cool feature on melee weapons and add more depth to them. More than I bash stuff or slice stuff with my weapon. I know there are abilities that use your weapon as well and the mods do give some depth (just not enough for me perhaps). Anyway I ramble on thank you for taking the time to read this and perhaps taking it into consideration.

Sincerely,

PureBeurre