Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Really Tar Moas Doing This? [Insta Deaths]

Sefyra-Skye

It's happened on three different occasions now, and the only constant I've noticed is that they're all coming around the same time as Tar Moas.

First time it happened, I was on a Rage/Armor built Oberon, I had just started a Hive mission, nothing unusual. Tar Moa around the corner, get ready to fight him, standard stuff. He hits me with his splooge or whatever and IMMEDIATELY my frame drops. This is a max health, max shield, high-armor Oberon, insta-killed by a direct Tar Moa hit.

Second time was with a Valkyr, also Armor built, so we're talking over 1000 armor points. A direct hit after coming out of Hysteria managed to knock me down 100% to nothing.

And just now, I was running an infested defense. It was going great until Tar Moas started chucking their goo at the pod; it dropped 10k to 2k in the course of a couple seconds, and I KNOW ancients and runners don't hit that hard at wave 10.

So help me out, I don't want to believe that this enemy is hitting as hard as it seems, but they're the only thing different that I'm noticing leading up to these insane sudden deaths.

They are, but I don't think that is the whole story. I have been oneshot quite a few times on my squishnova build (225 shield, 300hp), but I have also seen cases where two people who are 20m apart and nowhere near any enemies suddenly fall at the same time without tar appearing around them.

I think there is some broken projectile causing this.

This has been a thing for a while.

Valkyr with a maxed out steel fiber, maxed vitality, maxed redirection, and maxed vigor, along with a kubrow with all maxed durability mods get one shotted by these things.

While running said valk, by one shotted I mean that I don't go down, I get insta-killed without being downed while in a party.  kubrow also gets instantly downed and awaits reviving.  Other party members were still up.

This is still happening. 660 health, max armour etc, and being 1 shotted by Tar Mutalist. Died twice in 1 mission, got away lucky at least 2 other times. This is pretty rediculous and hopefully something thats going to be fixed asap!

Have a recording I can provide to the dev team if they want to see it for themselves if they want it.

Edited by H3dsh0t

It feels more like that at close range, the Tar fires its uber slow balls of death and directly impacts you with all 3, causing you to die instantly. This really is pretty sad because it makes melee only against infested pretty difficult, lost all my revives on Valkyr in 2 runs trying to make a Dragon Nikana video, and it was the Tars every time. and every time I was at full health...

DE Is not working on fixing this bug becouse makes people to leave the dark sectors and go play other missions. Tar moa has 2 attacks, a 3 spit and a one spit shot. The one spit kills u after doing some 100 damage to your shields.

DE are money grubbing ppl, they are not gonna fix this, the bug its around for a while and no word came from them. Get used to it and do other missions.

And remember: they don't want you to play the game, they want you to play the game as they see fit.

the tar moa's need a lot of work. not sure if DE wants these to be the worst unit in the game but i don't know of any other enemy that can pretty much one-shot you 30mins into a survival with maxed gear.  even trying to revive teammates is such a hassle because of the tar garbage that you're likely to go down as well.

great......add on top the swarm garbage and you got have yourself a poor experience

The Tar Moas are broken.  Heck they can stand up in the middle of a vortex and shoot their tar.  Vortex is supposed to be a trap, not an inconvenience.  

yes, what is this all about? why are they able to attack while in bastille and vortex?

also, the mutalist osprey is TOTALLY unaffected by bastille... wtf??

the infested are full of broken units that are just a pain to deal with

Edited by angrykenji