The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Support You.

Noogums

I, for one, am glad that the Glaive is part of the Alert Reward system. Especially because it was so highly anticipated. Thank you for this, DE. 

This community needs to learn that just because they are in the Beta, and the Dev's take our feedback, it does NOT entitle you to everything. DE is STILL the Developer of this game, and they can make any decision they want. And you know what? Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

I'm glad they decided to do this, since it'll hopefully put some of you in your place, when you stop whining about it. I hope that DE never make the Blueprint available to buy. This weapon is the "signature" weapon of the Tenno. If everyone could get easy access to it instantly, it'd lose some of it's appeal. DE have elevated it's status to something special, and I support the decision. And guess what. When that alert does come, thousands of people will get it. And there will be more alerts for it. Just sit down, shut up, and play the game until it comes.

This community needs to learn that just because they are in the Beta, and the Dev's take our feedback, it does NOT entitle you to everything. DE is STILL the Developer of this game, and they can make any decision they want. And you know what? Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Sounds like something EA would say.

Dissatisfied consumers does lead to loss of revenue. Keeping your player base happy can and will be rewarded by customers voluntarily supporting the company. Using a marketing scheme to make some quick cash is a quick way to create a lot of dissatisfied customers who in turn, might feel less inclined to voluntarily support the company.

I, for one, am glad that the Glaive is part of the Alert Reward system. Especially because it was so highly anticipated. Thank you for this, DE. 

I'm glad they decided to do this, since it'll hopefully put some of you in your place, when you stop whining about it. I hope that DE never make the Blueprint available to buy. This weapon is the "signature" weapon of the Tenno. If everyone could get easy access to it instantly, it'd lose some of it's appeal. DE have elevated it's status to something special, and I support the decision. And guess what. When that alert does come, thousands of people will get it. And there will be more alerts for it. Just sit down, shut up, and play the game until it comes.

If Devs have your attitude toward their community, you will see this game start to die slowly, and maybe painfully for the Devs.

I'm all for community support, and listening to the community, and all that. Really, it's wonderful how DE treat their player-base. But I'm disappointed with how the players have taken this for granted. Yes, I may have said some very brash and blunt things, but that's how frustrated and frankly, embarassed I was at the time.. The reason I can give the community tough love is because, I don't work for DE. But I can ask people to please be a little more mature in their requests to DE. They're treating us with enough respect to listen to our requests, the least we can do is treat them with respect as well. But all I read is "DE U SUCK FOR NOT GIVING US GLAIVE BP 2 BUY LAME LOLOLOL UR TERIBLE". Let's be a little more mature and courteous than that?

Its because each whining man on this forum think that he is a main developer and have super-rights, AND they also want to teach DE how to build a game. I played so many games on f2p system that there is no strange for me that devs just want some $Cash$ to live. They made a game for you, and you continue crying about you didnt get everything in 1 click. As for me - i rly wanted to tryout heat dagger because it was like "Ninja silent wep". And i got 2 bp's of it just in few days from alerts.

Had they made it a BP, everybody'd have it and it'd be nothing special in a matter of days. Had it be a high-ranked BP it'd be a good reason to actually accumulate Mastery, but a lot of people would whine about it being a "farming" item.

I'm glad with this decision, as the current Alert weapons were not worth the effort. 

I think for a lot of people (at least, for me) it's not the fact it's in the alert system, it's the fact that we found out the minute it was released. I can't have been the only person who was waiting for this to see if I could try to get the BP for Glaive and start farming mats.

I don't mind too much, we do need better stuff in there. The glaive alert will come up eventually. I just hope it doesn't come up when I can't grab it. Missed so many alerts because of my schedule and I can't exactly throw more time to this game without messing everything up. Really wish they'd rework it a bit.

I hope that DE never make the Blueprint available to buy. This weapon is the "signature" weapon of the Tenno. If everyone could get easy access to it instantly, it'd lose some of it's appeal. DE have elevated it's status to something special, and I support the decision. And guess what. When that alert does come, thousands of people will get it.

How can your main argument contradict itself, on the same line, not even two sentences later?

Its because each whining man on this forum think that he is a main developer and have super-rights, AND they also want to teach DE how to build a game. I played so many games on f2p system that there is no strange for me that devs just want some $Cash$ to live. They made a game for you, and you continue crying about you didnt get everything in 1 click. As for me - i rly wanted to tryout heat dagger because it was like "Ninja silent wep". And i got 2 bp's of it just in few days from alerts.

You're doing the bug testing for them, for free.

So in a way, you're correct that they made the game with people like you in mind - oblivious to all, while claiming others are.

Please champion your naivety more, guys.

Edited by OMNIEXITIUM

I want to jump in and say... I still very much support DE, and I'm likely to buy more stuff soon including a glaive for my girl's account.

For as much as I was slightly dissapointed that it's a plat / alert weap after waiting all day for it... I was even more dissapointed to such the huge negative outburst from the playerbase over it.

People saying that DE is going to hemmorhage users, people not supporting or "investing" in the game because one weapon, after what like 10+ weapons, came out without the blueprints in the market etc etc...

All the good work, how much DE listens to the players, the constant flow of new content no matter how minor just turned meaningless (even if short term) over what? Them keeping the details of a patch close to the hip? Are we, as a playerbase, so shallow that a weapon being plat or alert after a long string of new weapons instantly makes the accomplishments of the dev team unimportant because we have to have it now without paying?

I really do get the dissapointment of not being able to buy the BP on the market and not hearing about it ahead of time, because I had a similar dissapointment, but to see the unabashed rage over it just seems like a huge knee-jerk over-reaction to me. It's cool to have a passion over this game, because it deserves that passion, but we need to not lose sight of the fact that we're not the game creators, we can give suggestions and feedback on how the game works and where it goes but we don't need everything given to us, we don't need instant gratification to appreciate all the hard work.

Not knocking giving feedback, but I saw more "OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE" reaction within 5 min of the patch coming out rather than people giving it a day or two to try out the changes and give really constructive feedback. My two cents and I really don't care how much people downvote me for being appreciative of the current and past work.

I agree with them making it an alert reward. Getting it outright will just be that much more rewarding. 

I didn't, however, care for the agressive tone of the OP. Felt like I was getting yelled at for clicking on the thread. I doubt anyone who disagrees with the decision to make the blueprints an alert reward is going to read this thread and change their opinion. 

Edited by Alure

OP would make sense if it wasn't up for plat. Which it is, so no.. the decision is not based on making it somehow more special. It is an economic one, whether or not that is the wrong one is going to show in the numbers later down the line.

People saying that DE is going to hemmorhage users, people not supporting or "investing" in the game because one weapon, after what like 10+ weapons, came out without the blueprints in the market etc etc...

All the good work, how much DE listens to the players, the constant flow of new content no matter how minor just turned meaningless (even if short term) over what? Them keeping the details of a patch close to the hip? Are we, as a playerbase, so shallow that a weapon being plat or alert after a long string of new weapons instantly makes the accomplishments of the dev team unimportant because we have to have it now without paying?

I think it's very important for people to voice their opinions on whether or not they like this marketing scheme.

If people feel it might negatively impact their decision to support DE, they should say so. It is beta after all, they want feedback. 

You shouldn't be angry at what other players want or have, you should voice your opinion without caring about someone else's opinion. Let DE know how you feel, whether you be happy with something or annoyed with something. In the end, if DE cares about the majority more so than the minority, they'll make changes to try to keep as many people happy as possible.

I see so many players basically attacking other players cause they personally don't like their opinion on DE's decision. Pretty sure we all want the same thing here guys, a good game that everyone can enjoy.

My opinion:

League of Legends has proven that a great game can become very financially secure through only offering Boosts and Cosmetic items to those who pay with no effect on gameplay. Other games which are geared more towards Pay to Win die off quickly due to a mass majority of the player base, even the ones who pay, to become unsatisfied with the game. Now is having the Glaive be available for plat only on release pay to win? No, of course not, but it does affect gameplay just as much as having Catalysts/Reactors only come from alerts and plat does? Yea, pretty much. It's a way to try to force players through their own desires into paying the developer, when other methods could be used. So how can I act on my opinion? By only buying cosmetic items with platinum (Colors, Sentinel Cosmetics, etc) and refusing to buy anything I feel affects gameplay. Which hopefully in turn will let DE know financially that I support only cosmetic rewards for paying and hopefully will entice them to not try anymore marketing schemes like they did with the Glaive and instead make more purely cosmetic rewards become available.

--

Edited by Nokturnal

opinions are fine but they should stick to constructive opinions and proper delivery.

An acceptable opinion is:

>I do not like what DE did.

Not-so-acceptable opinions are:

>DE (insert a string of derogatory terms here) because They didn't release a credit purchasable bp for (insert random new throw-able weapon here).

>I do not think DE is a good company because they did not allow me to get (insert random new throw-able weapon here) via credits.

>I will no longer support DE because they did not allow me to get (insert random new throw-able weapon here) via credits. (keep that to yourself but feel free to tell us what you feel~see above example under acceptable opinions)

>Warframe is going to end (player base is going to decrease) because they did not allow me to get (insert random new throw-able weapon here) via credits.

>DE hates their players who do not buy plat because they did not allow me to get (insert random new throw-able weapon here) via credits.

In short, people should voice their opinion, but should not do the thinking for other people (or even imply it). If you like DE for what they have done thus far, you owe them at least that. >_> If people come to the same conclusion, fine. If they do not, stop leading them.

Edited by _Rue_

I think it's very important for people to voice their opinions on whether or not they like this marketing scheme.

If people feel it might negatively impact their decision to support DE, they should say so. It is beta after all, they want feedback. 

You shouldn't be angry at what other players want or have, you should voice your opinion without caring about someone else's opinion. Let DE know how you feel, whether you be happy with something or annoyed with something. In the end, if DE cares about the majority more so than the minority, they'll make changes to try to keep as many people happy as possible.

I see so many players basically attacking other players cause they personally don't like their opinion on DE's decision. Pretty sure we all want the same thing here guys, a good game that everyone can enjoy.

I think _Rue_ understood what I was saying. I think you didn't quite.