The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Looks Much Better: Reasons

MetaMortred

Here is where your wrong. She doesnt look slim because of how woman is portrayed, She looks like that because of her profession, the ninja/samurai combat training is heavy excersize, do you know any real fat ninjas? also Its not like any of the females have big breasts, they have what we call pretty normal. Just barely enough to know that its a female.

If you are going to complain about that, then I will also complain about how the males are portrayed. Why do all of them have wide shoulder arms, and sixpack abs showing off from the suit. Huh? why not complain about that?

Yeah, exactly!

I agree that every frame should have special benefits. :)

I haven't seen a male with abs yet, but I haven't seen all warframes either. Afaik volt, loki, exca and rhino don't, maybe ash?

well, Embers torso is currently pushing it a bit proportions wise, esp the waist(just a bit too thin, I feel, it makes everything else pop out more too.). So it's good people are bringing this up, I like her current appearance, but this skintight thing shouldn't be a regular occurance. It doesn't really fit wth the aesthetic of the game. Note that most frames still have armor plates or protective wear covering some vital areas on top of the skintight suit, Ember currently doesn't really have that on her torso.

That said, pyro's generally have weird/revealing clothing(dem panthaloons are so pyro i don't even.) so this kind of makes her fit the cliche/role. If thats a good thing or not idk.

some big (maybe too big) examples of other games:

BrightWizard01_04.jpg

Inferno_Magic_Male.jpg

edit: tried and failed to resize these :(

EDIT: ash does have a hint of abs :o

Edited by NexiKuro

Why do all of them have wide shoulder arms, and sixpack abs showing off from the suit. Huh? why not complain about that?

I would, but I'm not even going to start barking up that tree.

Seriously, what the F*** does every male space ninja in the future do high-concentration anabolic wolf steroids? Holy Christ, these dudes are @(*()$ stacked.

Seriously I see weight-lifting addicted dudes at the gym that are slimmer and more sveldt than these guys. But alas, that stereotype is even more ingrained into the gamer psyche than "super slim, DDD-cup, big &#!, 80 pounds 5' 3" chick"

I liked Ember because she was originally a man a reversal of that stereotype with her "butch"-ness, now she's just... another generic female warframe. And we've already got Mag and Trin for that. And let me just add that I by no means dislike those two for that, they fill their roles well - it's good to have VARIETY. Even if that variety means sometimes you have hypersexualization. It would just be nice if that wasn't the rule - or if it was the rule, then there would at least be the sporadic exception to that rule.

Oh yeah, and nobody is saying we should put a bunch of fat dudes in the game. That's just weird.

Edited by Bang_Doll

I would, but I'm not even going to start barking up that tree.

Seriously, what the F*** does every male space ninja in the future do high-concentration anabolic wolf steroids? Holy Christ, these dudes are @(*()$ stacked.

Seriously I see weight-lifting addicted dudes at the gym that are slimmer and more sveldt than these guys. But alas, that stereotype is even more ingrained into the gamer psyche than "super slim, DDD-cup, big &#!, 80 pounds 5' 3" chick"

I liked Ember because she was originally a man a reversal of that stereotype with her "butch"-ness, now she's just... another generic female warframe. And we've already got Mag and Trin for that. And let me just add that I by no means dislike those two for that, they fill their roles well - it's good to have VARIETY. Even if that variety means sometimes you have hypersexualization. It would just be nice if that wasn't the rule - or if it was the rule, then there would at least be the sporadic exception to that rule.

Oh yeah, and nobody is saying we should put a bunch of fat dudes in the game. That's just weird.

I dont know where you live, but clearly woman look far different there than anywhere else. What Hypersexualization? and about generic female? well god damn it, that is how 90% of the women look. and for good reason, not because its sexy, but because its a healthy lifestyle. They are fit - damn it! have you even played mass effect, do I need to remind you about miranda? her buttom and breasts where practically fully exposed, only had different textures. the other two possibilites for women are either very bulk, which would not make any sense, or very thin (anerexic) - the gaming industry is based on sterotypes. Even the most successul games of the century have done nothing but stereo styles.

But alas, you are trolling and dont really care - so there is no point. I think you already understand my point.

P.S. I am not supporting mass effect miranda style, I am saying that Miranda is a hypersexualization example, not the female warframes.

Edited by TheNexusCloud