Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing Bugs (From Updates 14 And Earlier)

master_of_destiny

As the title states, bugs that are ongoing and have not been addressed recently.

The primary pain bothering me right now is wall running.  I continue to phase through walls wall while wall running, ejecting me from the level and either destroying a continue or costing me a mission.  This is most prevalent in the Grineer Asteroid tile set maps (room with 16 lockers raised above a raised gantry way).  On the other hand, it has also happened in the Void, and to a lesser extent upon mission starts on the Cloud Refinery tile set maps.

Scanning.  This just bugs the crap out of me, because Helios randomly scans things already complete in the codex.  I can understand flora on Earth (to make the anti-toxins), but it's scanned everything from cameras to kubrow after they had been completed in the codex for weeks.  On top of this, the codex "data" is useless.  When exactly will scanning be useful?

Disappearing weapons.  The Tiberon is most guilty of this, but it occasionally just stops rendering.  This issue harkens back to my original Braton, and while not game breaking it is annoying to not be able to tell what I've got equipped through visual cues.

Lighting engine.  I can understand Earth being dark at night.  The flashlight generally provides enough light, though it's a bit silly.  WHere I have problems is an enclosed base with corridors so murky the just pulling the trigger seems to be the only way to play.  Even the "default" lighting leaves the levels a murky mess.  Why you'd put so much effort forward to design levels, then obscure them in darkness, is either a bug or an insult to the work of the artists.

Finally, terrible net code.  Half of my public matches lead to a suspended timer, and of them about 50% of the suspended timers lead to miserable performance.  I've set maximum latency lower to counteract this, but that's just a bandage.  I'd be glad to not see any more new content for two months, assuming you spend that time getting basic services running solid.  You'd think a game focusing on teamwork would have started there first, but my experience seems to indicate otherwise.

All moaning aside, the game is rapidly descending in quality.  Rather than focusing on drawing people in, the newest content is tailor made for founders and the like.  While the acknowledgement to older players needs to be made, perhaps a little focus can be given to drawing in new people to the community.  I'm kind of tired of hitting the grind wall in these types of games, and knowing that it's there for no reason.  The above bugs are making the grind wall very clear, as they never seem to be addressed. 

For the record, I'm not spending any real money toward this game until the above issues are addressed.  Releasing a new Prime Access packs may goad some people into spending their money, but I can't  justify paying much more than the full price of a AAA game for something that doesn't get its basic features working correctly.

All moaning aside, the game is rapidly descending in quality.  Rather than focusing on drawing people in, the newest content is tailor made for founders and the like.  While the acknowledgement to older players needs to be made, perhaps a little focus can be given to drawing in new people to the community.  I'm kind of tired of hitting the grind wall in these types of games, and knowing that it's there for no reason.  The above bugs are making the grind wall very clear, as they never seem to be addressed. 

For the record, I'm not spending any real money toward this game until the above issues are addressed.  Releasing a new Prime Access packs may goad some people into spending their money, but I can't  justify paying much more than the full price of a AAA game for something that doesn't get its basic features working correctly.

"tailor made for founders"?

OP you are drunk. If anything Vets (not necessarily founders) don't actually have much to do to keep them sticking around.

On the topic of bugs: granted there are a fair amount of persisting bugs, some that have been fixed and then come back. 

Have you made bug reports? Have you considered that not everyone is encountering these bugs?

DE can only do so much and out of the issues you listed the last two are more ones of opinion and your personal experience.

That being said match making and chat have been screwy since U14.

Point being, DE can only do so much so fast and bugs aren't getting ignored entirely as different teams work on fixes.

Except for the networking problems (which have actually gotten better for me the last couple of updates), the Helios scanning, and the occasional weapon rendering issue I haven't experienced the others. I've got a decent amount of playtime, about 500 hours in game according to Profile Stats.

The lower lighting on certain tilesets I actually really like the feel of, especially Infested missions on ship tilesets. It just makes sense, and the outdoor or undamaged ship tilesets (not even mentioning the void) can be downright blinding at times. 

As for the content being for only founder-levels and such, I really couldn't disagree more. It was only in an update that Syndicates gained any sort of benefit by Mastery Rank. The other additions, Archwing, Limbo, Mesa, Patient Zero, etc essentially started all players regardless of Mastery at the same exact point, with the exception that higher ranks probably had better mods and stuff to run on their frames for that content.

I am certainly no Founder, only started playing during the Specters of Liberty event (and cursing myself for my noob-ishness at the time and not completing it) and I think the game has actually done a pretty good job overall quality-wise  The hiccups its had have mostly been dealt with and DE may be one the best Developers of a game I have ever played for any length of time.

Now, from everything I've been reading while learning this game since I started playing it, you talking about "netcode" is about as useful as jumping into mud and complaining that you got muddy. This game operates as a peer to peer setup, same as the souls games, the fanbase of which also likes to blame "netcode" for connectivity problems. Same response serves here. No amount of perfection in netcode will make up for terrible internet service, nor will it make up for ridiculous latencies from connecting across countries. The ping limit is there to help alleviate latency trouble. Unless you're the richest individual on the planet and can afford to pay for everyone to have the exact same best in the world internet service, there's going to always be what most like you refer to as "bad netcode" in the form of connection timeouts, lag, and other anomalies. That's one of the main drawbacks of having things connect on a peer to peer system.