The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working On A Saryn Cosplay! (Haitus)

Dagnie

Muh fabric finally came!

The pictures do really no justice since my phone camera is super pixelated and lighting is pretty bad rofl ;A;

But I'm so excitedddd!

Here's some super pixelated pics of the fabric laid out.

Now to cut out and sew it...

-Megasnip-

Woah. Hype intensifies. 

Well shucks, that looks great. You don't even even have to use that much foam underneath to get raised details because the printing is so nice and shaded. Just a few key parts and it'll look fantastic.

Of course, now you'll have to be very meticulous when painting the helmet to match the body :p

Edited by DarkTails

How much did it cost to get that fabric done?

I'm reeeeally short, so I was able to squeeze it onto $80 worth of fabric.

Usually I hear of it costing double or double-and-a-half more, though, since it costs more when the main bodypiece has to be vertical instead of horizontal. Just a forewarning, since I've had a handful of friends complain to me about this method "not being as cheap when they did it" >n> so now i warn people lul

Well shucks, that looks great. You don't even even have to use that much foam underneath to get raised details because the printing is so nice and shaded. Just a few key parts and it'll look fantastic.

Of course, now you'll have to be very meticulous when painting the helmet to match the body :p

Sub dye texture shading tends to fool a lot of people, luckily, even when printed out. Which is how I had a bunch of people asking me "how I got so fit" and pointing out "how toned i was" when I cosplayed Harley Quinn. (jokes on them, it was all shading printed on the suit bueheheheh I'm a flabby mofo!)

I'll definitely need to get help from some of my artist friends on the helmet and shoulder/thigh parts. I'm not much of a painter myself, but I know some awesommmme painters irl c:

I'm reeeeally short, so I was able to squeeze it onto $80 worth of fabric.

Usually I hear of it costing double or double-and-a-half more, though, since it costs more when the main bodypiece has to be vertical instead of horizontal. Just a forewarning, since I've had a handful of friends complain to me about this method "not being as cheap when they did it" >n> so now i warn people lul

Geez, I was hoping it would be much cheaper. It's looking promising for you though, can't wait to see it all done!

• 1 month later...

Sewed most of the suit.

Sorry it's been taking so long - in the process of moving. But I had some free time and thought I'd at least sew majority of the suit.

Zipper has not been installed and gloves aren't sewn yet.

Here's some progress shots, without the craft foam for dimension, a corset, or proper bust attire. (Too lazy to switch out of sports bra, so super pettanko Saryn wip pics incoming. Pls pardon visible sports bra band.)

Do not worryyyyyyyyyy. I'll make sure to have a better attempt at her proportions when I finish the cosplay lel. Right now is just trying on the suit and laziness.

Plus I plan to get in better shape long before this will be debuted anyway.

mHCxLpe.jpg

Qhp92Go.jpg

5sWBZ4x.jpg

Looks awesome! That thing must be really tight tough, it's hugging your body really closely.

Nah, it's actually at a really comfy level.

It's a lycra bodysuit, so it's got a lot of stretch to it. Plus, since no zipper is installed yet, it's clipped in the back with some chip clips, so it's a bit snugger than it'll end up being. LOLLL

It'll need to be snugger in the waist area especially, anyway, for when I wear the corset under it. c: Gotta fake them Saryn proportions somehow! (Since as short as I am, I definitely won't be getting it naturally. Woman's a freakin' amazon, I swear.)

You've got me wanting to do this for a Valkyr cosplay. Great work!

It definitely beats sewing together different colored strips of fabric to make the suit!

So, I recommend it, if you wanna make your job way easier! ;3