The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun Melees?

(PSN)dice_thrown

Question

23 answers to this question

Swirling Tiger. Dual swords.

Very fun stance IMO. There's a combo in there that hits a guy a bunch of times, then dashes and chains into itself. Very good for running around pwning lowbies. I leveled a few weapons on Cambria this way and felt like it did reasonably well on the uneven terrain too.

Gemeni Cross. Tonfa.

If you look at the combos, the basic combo done by the player is good for normal use and then the others chain off of it depending upon at what point you start blocking. This makes it very easy to pick how you're moving around once you get used to it. I did some T3E / T4E for prime parts using this on a Loki built for Radial Disarm and had a blast. Not sure why I never went back to it,

Cleaving Whirlwind. Heavy weapons.

SPIN TO WIN, TILL YOU DIE, TILL THE LIGHT GOES OUT YOUR EYES...

Iron Phoenix. Single swords.

The pause combo in Iron Phoenix is very easy to do and the final hit does an AoE knockdown so it basically chains into a ground finisher. You can also run at full speed during the last two hits so you can actually chase or reposition, as opposed to Crimson Dervish where you stand there spinning like a toolbag as things walk away shooting you.

I do not enjoy Glaive types for general use as melee weapons. The first move they do is this down-to-up slash to deploy the weapon with a really wonky hitbox and somewhat slow (not REAL slow, just not QUICK) start up. As take down / stealth / finisher / thrown weapons they are great to have to add variety and versatility, but I'm not really interested in their stances. Redeemer is slightly better because of gunshots in it's default combo being AoE knockdown, but I haven't tried High Noon yet.

Gleaming Talon has a really nice combo if you just hold backwards that I thought would be great for Infested, but I kept getting my S#&$ tackled after one use, before I could start up the next one because of that one hit...

Edited by VKhaun

I would recommend, Kroken, Nikata, Glaive, Dual Swords... their stances, they seem to be very fluid effective, look awesome and are fun to use. 

Would also mention the Venka, but its stance Malicious Raptor is not only hard to get but also the move set is not that fluid, specially the stealth finisher (borrowed from other stances)... which is rather extremely slow. Hopefully the new stance when it comes out will fix that... ^_^

Edited by 0zryel

It's a three way tie for my personal favorite.

Karyst with Pointed Wind, mainly because it looks sweet and always kills stuff.

Another favorite of mine is the Dark Sword. Haven't sold it, and still go back and use it with Iron Phoenix.

Fang Prime with Berserker. Stance doesn't matter. Go Loki and tear people apart.