Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #43

[DE]Rebecca

So I've begun to notice a tendency in the upper levels of the game to become more of a cover-style shooter, and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, this does contradict the advertised "ninja"-esque nature of the game. My question to you is: with parkour 2.0 coming soon, will there be a re-focus to mobility-based combat (i.e. more dodging)? If so, how do you plan to implement it? As a kind of follow-up question, I'd like to address tile construction. A lot of tiles offer few high mobility zones for parkour, will parkour 2.0 add high mobility tiles or re-furnish old tiles to be more parkour friendly?

This

Don't think I've ever posted a question for a devstream before, here's to hoping they go through 13+ pages and just happen to find mine interesting enough!

Augment Mods

U15 saw the release of syndicate mods that add to or change the functionality warframe abilities. However, these mods face a problem shared with many utility mods, namely that the limited space for mods means they are often foregone to make room for "essential" mods such as vitality/redirection and power strength/range/duration mods. It seems like there will be more augment mods added in the future, and so have you considered the thought of adding 1-2 'augment exclusive' mod slots to each warframe? Slots which can only equip augment mods? 

In my opinion this would let these mods see much use while preventing players from simply applying all augment mods for a warframe, which allows for a degree of ability customization (all of this assuming you will add more augments in the future). Of course just because this seems like a good idea to me doesn't mean it is, which is why I'm posting this question on this thread. 

My question basically boils down to, do you consider the addition of augment only mods slots to be a good idea that could be implemented in the future? Or not? And if not, why?

There is no 'wrong answer', yes or no, the answer won't affect my respect for you guys, even if you don't answer my question. Keep up the good work!

I have a question about channeling. I know most weapons' description has removed the word "charge" from them but some still do like Galantine. I know channeling damage is universal at a 1.5x increase but charge damage wasn't. And I know that charge was replaced for channeling. My question is would we see different channeling multipliers to different melee weapons? The Galantine's codex entry states "With massive charged power..." so wouldn't it make sense to boost it's channel multiplier since charge is no longer a mechanic in non-thrown melee weapons?

Just a curious question,whatever happened to the 'Sabotage 2.0' that was discussed extremely long ago? Is it scrapped or just forgetten in a lonely dusty corner?

Also acquiring Mesa,like many other topics have complained,why the RNG wall+grind wall+wait wall? In addition to that(no offense to the boss design team), the fight with the mutalist Alad V was lackluster to say the least,the constant invulnerability phase,and the instant hes vulnerable he gets facerolled,any plans to make him abit more fun/challenging instead of just constant invulnerability?

A few unrelated questions:

1) This is relatively minor but might there be a chance to make the 'Meditate' emote loop until toggled out of? It seems to be the de facto 'sit' motion from what I've seen and it would be nice to have an alternate 'resting' state for hubs and, possibly eventually, dojos.

2) Might there ever be such a thing as a 'Melee Multishot' mod? Something where maybe a shadow afterimage attacks either some percentage of the time like the multishot mods on firearms? Honestly, I think just the aesthetics of that would look fairly nifty.

3) While the Focus system has been brought up several times and it has been said that it has gone through several iterations, Rather than ask 'when are we getting it?' I'd like to know if you'd care to disclose the details as to those previous iterations. I think it would be interesting to know about these discarded 'versions' of the mechanic if only to glean more about what happens on the development side of things. Plus it just feels like it would be interesting to know even if it might seem like useless trivia to some. Blame my affiliations with Cephalon Suda. Curiosity is a terrible burden

4) Is there anything coming down the pipeline in relation to expanding Dark Sectors? Might you soon implement the 'Non PvP' option that you mentioned a while back for Rail Conflicts for those who liked/wanted the choice?

5) Might there be an option to wear a syndicate sigil but not have Affinity count towards that syndicate? Sometimes I just want to look fancy without having to worry about the balancing act brought on by working on 4 syndicates at the same time. Also because the end-rank emblems look pretty boss anyway.

6) I have noticed that the new, tar-spitting mutalisk enemies are reviled in one way or another but my biggest concern is that they don't seem to react at all to stuns or knockdown as if they had Iron Skin on. Rather, at the very least, you can't seem to knock them out of shooting tar or a ground-slam kick with anything less than the Jat Kittang's rag-dolling. Might this be a bug as being able to properly stun these things with a groundslam of our own or some similar effect would be a fun and skillful way to shut down these currently detested enemies.

7) Last Question: Valkyr's Paralyze ability is quite unique in that it uses another resource other than energy to act. While this is interesting and nifty in concept, when in a position where one is surrounded and would want to use it for breathing room, the effect is greatly reduced due to Valkyr's shields being small and, thus, likely depleted or at least low most of the time save for low-end content. Might there ever, at the very least, be an implementation of minimum effectiveness so that it can still be relied upon to stun enemies, if not do very much damage to them, even when you've got no shields? It just seems strange that it's the only power that's affected adversely by the random 'Ice Tile shield reduction' effect that randomly crops up and users of it are hampered by this reduced effectiveness. Maybe just base it entirely within the realm of power strength and disregard the shield sapping entirely?

Edited by Terumitsu

Caster frames such as ember, banshee, zephyr, mirage, hydroid, nekros, nova, ash are rarely used in high-level play because they get killed really easily (unless they are in a team with a prepared plan). These warframe's abilities have no direct defensive capabilities and therefore a huge risk of failing missions or dragging the team down. Do you have any current plans that address these issues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77 

Another important thing, archwing. I had high hopes for it, but was let down when it was released. The main problem was the amount of bugs in it, helion missiles being invisible after a certain range and still hitting you, invisible walls in the corpus tilset, etc. Another problem was the difficulty as enemies can shoot you from every direction. I was relying on the repel ability all the time, especially in interceptions. Guns were useless to me as i had to stay still to aim decently, moving while shooting was very inaccurate because of the screen shake and bullet travel time. Because of this i have to rely on my abilities and melee, which makes archwing limited and stressful to play. I hope you give archwing a closer look. Are you aware of this? What are your plans to fix these issues?

Edit: I saw the forum post about the changes, it's a good start but I still think there should be a change in the design of archwing guns, it's very hard to hit enemies that are far away 300m+

Mastery level!!!! I'm sure many people here have the same issue, we want all dem mastery points, as much as we can get. When are you releasing the event only weapons and/or the weapons that can't be acquired any more? (Braton vandal, lato vandal, ether daggers) I hate not being able to see 62/62 weapons in my profile.

Edited by hotbeast

Caster frames such as ember, banshee, zephyr, mirage, hydroid, nekros, nova, ash are rarely used in high-level play because they get killed really easily (unless they are in a team with a prepared plan). These warframe's abilities have no direct defensive capabilities and therefore a huge risk of failing missions or dragging the team down. Do you have any current plans that address these issues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77 

Another important thing, archwing. I had high hopes for it, but was let down when it was released. The main problem was the amount of bugs in it, helion missiles being invisible after a certain range and still hitting you, invisible walls in the corpus tilset, etc. Another problem was the difficulty as enemies can shoot you from every direction. I was relying on the repel ability all the time, especially in interceptions. Guns were useless to me as i had to stay still to aim decently, moving while shooting was very inaccurate because of the screen shake and bullet travel time. Because of this i have to rely on my abilities and melee, which makes archwing limited and stressful to play. I hope you give archwing a closer look. Are you aware of this? What are your plans to fix these issues?

Mastery level!!!! I'm sure many people here have the same issue, we want all dem mastery points, as much as we can get. When are you releasing the event only weapons and/or the weapons that can't be acquired any more? (Braton vandal, lato vandal, ether daggers) I hate not being able to see 62/62 weapons in my profile.

This...is a really bad post sorry..

All frames are viable in "high level play" as long as you actually know how to use the frame.

The standard Arch-Gun is 100% perfectly accurate and the bullets have no travel time, it's a hitscan gun.

Are you really doing this? Asking for the braton/lato vandal? Hahaha funny man.

cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c

There are currently lots of powers in the game that don't get used (such as Trinities Lifewell or Saryn's Third ability). Are more frame changes in the works? i realize you guys always kind of look around awkwardly at these questions, but a "yes" "no" even would be nice relief to the postexplosion that is Warframe Abilities feedback. 

you guys have been working hard and thats awesome. i love this game. do you plan to make a frame that can morph? as in have powers from other frames you own/ for instance abuilties wil be tied togater  choice of 1 and 4 or 2and 3 or 1 and 3 and 2 n four from frames you have ....kinda like a nova nekros ? i know crazy just askin

excuse my spelling n grammer and typing lol

Hello DE. Some time ago you talked about upgrading stealth. And what i've thinking about one new mission.

What if you make hybrid of Diversion mission and Mobile deffence missions?

How this should like:when you start the mission(good for Loki and Ash with their abbility for cloaking), you need to sneak up to mission point and activate the console.BUT, if someone find you or see you, they put on the allert and now you need to defend the console while Lotus trying to hack it.

That will be good for stealth and need better rewarding for players. But i know that some bugs of AI of enemys don't give you the most of possibilities of stealthing(when greeniers can see you through walls and etc.).

I know that idea not only my,but i see that will be good for many players barging about "normal" stealth system.

Rework for full status chance mods? Since most of these aren't even used because they're absurdly low considering dual stat mods outclass them in both damage and bonus status chance.

When can we expect more Syndicate mods/ (15.6.0 happened) Sigils? Also planetary Boss sigils(Vor, Ambulas, etc) and Achievement based Sigils(killing 100k 50k Grineer for example)?

Focus!?

Re-balancing of weapons(those which aren't used)?

Syndicate based invasions? Red veil against Cephalon and etc, rewards syndicate reputation or materials Medallions?

ETA of hubs to have fully functional Clan/alliance advertising rooms?

Any plans to change or improvements to Spy missions? Discussed in Devstream a while back

Any thoughts about changing defense missions from wave based to number of enemies per wave(e.g 5 wave = 1 reward/ chance to leave, to number of enemies, 300 targets as 5 waves and increases every wave)? I feel that short waves are a lil too quick to end.

Edited by Xatheon

the grineer got puppies and their hammer throwing masters

the corpus have nullifier crewmen and ospreys

the infested got slime belching abominations and other horrors

+ the corpus and grineer now have space-based units

when are the corrupted going to start stealing some new toys or getting some more unique units of their own? (corrupted/enhanced kubrow? more offensive orokin drones?)

also what are the possibility of void-archwing missions?