Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #43

[DE]Rebecca

(Pretty much cut and pasted from a previous Q&A thread I responded to with minor edits. I'm lazy :/)

I really hope this wasn't asked already and sorry if it was, but I wasn't about to read through X-many pages of thread to find out. :/

The addition of the Liset was a cool move, being able to actually walk around and interact with things on an actual movement plane rather than just navigating a menu for things. However, after so long of being with it it's starting to feel very cramped to me. Hubs are here and that's cool and all, but what I would really like to see is some sort of stuff going on with the Clan Dojos. Right now our Dojo is really only used for checking the researches, grabbing research blueprints, and trading. That's basically it. In, out, 5 minutes tops and done. All the work that was done decorating it is... nice but ultimately pointless for such a miniscule amount of time in our fancy Tenno playground.

My question is, will there ever be any sort of implementation of a "hub" sort of feature involving Clans?

I could probably word this better, but what I mean is, so that you could, say, instead of being on the Liset when out of missions, and not wanting to deal with the hustle and bustle of the public hubs, do things in the Clan. There's already an observatory that would be perfect for accessing the galaxy map like you do on the Liset. You could also add a Foundry room that would pretty much just work like as if you were accessing your own Foundry on the Liset. You could even group up with other clanmates in the Dojo and just head out from missions there like I think you can do from current public hubs. It'd also be nice to see my other clanmates out and about and basically just... use the Dojo for more than 2 things lasting minutes at a time. The Dojo could still be set to be hosted by the first one in there or like however it already is, and would just migrate when that person leaves like it already does. There are other neat things I'd like to see in the Dojo but this is first and foremost my most wished for thing in the game right now.

...other than Trinity Prime. orz

The only other thing I can think of was actually an idea my friend and I were tossing around that would make Europa suck less to go to.

With the addition of the new tileset and in general focus on Europa for Corpus, any thoughts on changing its rare resource to Neural Sensors?

I'm probably not the only one who has been hoping for something like this. Right now the resource drops on Europa are... to put it frankly... awful to just about anyone who would actually be going there. The fact that Jupiter, a relatively low level planet is the ONLY place to get Neural Sensors is pretty frustrating. Both Neurodes and Orokin Cells are each found on multiple planets, and Morphics... are in too many places. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it would be nice to have a higher level area drop Neural Sensors. As for me though, I really like the Corpus Ice Planet tileset, and would love for more of a reason to go there. But... really, if I go anywhere I'm going to want to go somewhere that actually has resource drops that I can use. Perhaps something to think about at least?

Can I get some comments on this thread, please? 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/354102-dark-sector-badlands-expanding-the-foundations/

I won't be able to watch the stream because I'll be in the middle of taking a final exam, but I'll still be catching up afterwards! 

Lastly, I heard whispers of being able to tune mod power levels at some point in the future. Is there any truth to these whispers, or are they just the wistful delusions of fans? 

I know these questions have probably been said before but I'm asking anyways.

1. Is there going to be a required mastery rank needed to craft the Boltor Prime?
2. Will outclassed guns get a buff or any kind of balancing that will make these kind of weapons more usable/appealing to other players?
3. Is there going to be some kind of improvement to the RNG system?
4. Are you going to buff the Rakta Ballistica?
5. Are you going to add more syndicate weapons?

What is the possibility of having extra color loadouts? The extensive library of color pallets demands can create hundreds and thousand of schemes but we are restricted to only three. is there a possibility we could have as many as we like or would this need to be restricted?

Regards from your friendly Silent Eagl3

I was wondering if you could ask about why this game has some pretty crazy inconsistencies that are reducing how great it can be.

things like how "rifle amp" and "steel charge" are not the same level. Under what circumstance would I want to use a steel charge on my Mesa (the gunslinger?) turns out all the time because those extra mod points are actually really useful. but every mission i wish i could be using rifle amp. is there really that many reasons why 2 more levels on a rifle amp can't be allowed?

the Korm. why is this considered a shotgun? Why is the Gorgon LMG replacement called a shotgun and have crafting costs that are absurd for it's stat level. you know this won't be the end game gun, we know it won't be the end game gun. so why does it have end game crafting costs. and it's a market bp (which would indicate that it as meant for all, otherwise it would be a clan research weapon)

so if you can just answer me why these two things are in the game and can give good reasons to keep them then i will be alright with that. though for some reason i doubt you can come up with any reason to keep them like it is

Navigation is one of the most important aspects of a mission.

Intermediary waypoints can sometimes be a bit problematic. This is especially true for new players not familiar with the layout of map tiles.  Often this results in being led in circles as you are guided to another intermediary waypoint, only to reach it and be pointed right back to where you came from.

Many players have suggested having a suggested route depicted by lines on the minimap to ease navigating more complex and confusing map tiles.

Would this be a potential feature for an update to how waypoints are handled?

Question: Would it be possible for the console companion app to allow chat box functions? For instance, on the Xbox, could the smartglass companion allow players to use their phones to type into the chat box and edit chat tabs? I like chatting it up with clan mates, but the console point and click method is arduous at best. The other option available to us is a wired keyboard. I know it's not your fault that Xbox doesn't support bluetooth, but maybe we can work around it with chat functions! :)

16. The mesa unlock system has been a bit of a sore spot with many players, between the failures of keyshares, the difficulty of accumulating keys, and the reluctance to use/make keys that has created inspiring scammers.

Is there anything to be done about this, or is everything in ideal working order? Additionally, by some reports, a full keyshare(4 players using 4 keys without splitting up) has what appears to be a higher-than-statistical chance of getting all 3 parts. Is this just because the lucky boast a lot, or is the game coded that way(weighted chances if you stick together)?

17. Archwing is a pretty big addition to the game so far. What are the future plans for it?

18. The latest change to archwing removed the meaningfulness of different frames in AW mode. Will we be seeing passives or perhaps 5th skills, based on warframe used, in order to make them matter a bit(albeit, less than the overwhelming way they did before)?

19. If 2014 was the "year of the endgames", what is 2015's official theme?

20. Will the sandskates ever get their own syndicate?

21. Can we get darvo syandanas?

22.  I realize this is off topic, but will we ever see a warframe theme park? Perhaps with safety tethers and soft foam  padding to allow for wall running experience while battling evil with nerf guns and laser tag?

23, If there was one thing you could change about how 2014 played out, what would it be?

24. If there was one thing you could guarantee(not actually giving a guarantee, mind you, but if you had magic powers to ensure it happened no matter what) to happen in 2015, what would it be?

25. Do you think you can actually come up with a whole year's worth of content for 2015, or are you guys low on steam?

26. Are there any INSANE, unguessable surprises planned for 2015? If so, any hints? If not, why not?

28. Wyrmius is still not in game! We were teased with Wyrmius before we were teased with archwing, and yet... nothing! Was wyrmius just a joke, or will we be seeing it sometime in the future?

30. It's been confirmed that nova is the next prime scheduled for release. It's also noted that her lore is/was that she's a modern-day creation, and therefore shouldn't have an orokin-made prime variant. Is there an official explanation for this inconsistency, or are we just going to hope nobody notices?

31. It was originally stated that seniority would matter on prime status, yet nova is in the newer 1/2 of existing warframes, and is getting primed already, while several members of the original cast(volt, ash, trinity) haven't been primed yet. Is there any special theory behind the process, or is it just randomly selected? If the former, what's the process? If the later, does that mean we could get limbo prime next?

Question 1: What have you learned from releasing the Kohm which after less than a day has a reputation for being the worst weapon in the game?

Question 2: What was the thought process behind making the Archwing changes and how did you come to the conclusion of what you ended up with?

32. Will we be seeing a fix to limbo's skills? There's a very large consensus that cataclysm should be collapse-on-command, with a way to grab loot inside of it, and a somewhat smaller consensus that there should be a way to make banish an area affect skill, which, effectively, is asking for it to do what cataclysm does, without the negative side effects of it. We really don't like cataclysm as-is, and it's the reason most people are unhappy to see a limbo show up in the group.

33. Underclocking! The biggest reason for not removing abilities from the mod tables was underclocking. They're gone now, and there's no way to underclock a skill. This has caused a lot of heartache, but the team had suggested that we would possibly see underclocking come back in some sort of UI-maneagable form. Will we be seeing underclocking's return any time soon, or are those of us who have a build that makes 2 or 3 skills REALLY GOOD, and 1 or 2 skills REALLY BAD doomed? It's not fun having things like needing to pick between not-falling-off edges and keeping your team safe. Before, we could have both. Bring underclocking back, please?

34. It's been noted that the syndicate alignments currently don't make sense(example: red veil are stereotypical cliche "evil", steel meridian are stereotypical cliche "good", and they're best friends? o.0((note to Reb: If you can do the o.0 face when you say this, extra brownie points))), and aren't exactly fair. Will this be changing in the future, or are these kind of set in stone?

35. Will we ever see any more syndicates? Possibly working on an entirely different axis(ie. none of them are concerned about the existing 6 at all) even? Will the big guys(corpus, grineer, infestation) ever notice or care about syndicate efforts, beyond the angry "no redveil badges" radio chatter?

36. Now that Alad is playing queen-of-blades to the infested, does this mean they, too, will have a hunter class(ie. stalker, zanuka, g3, eximi bundles) dispatched against those who fight their infestations invasions?

37. What about Vor? Will he ever have hunters after us for our void trespasses, or is he content to just bully us when we explore t4?

38. Will we ever see t5?

39. There was talk about new factions(besides grineer/corpus/infested) in the future. Will we be seeing those any time soon, or have they been tabled?

40. Will we ever see other solar systems?

41. It was once stated that "the true lore is the in-game events you guys play, the story unfolding as we go". This still seems very true, and very awesome. However, the codex entries for previous events(which, effectively, told the story of warframe) have now been removed, so new players have zero context for things like "who is alad V, why is he infested, and why is he talking to me like an old friend?" Will we be seeing the events return to the codex, to help re-establish the timeline of WF's history for those of us who haven't been steeping in it?

42. A newbie recently described their New Player Experience as "first this vor guy is out to get me, and then BAM! Find kubrow eggs!. There is no lore." Considering what a new player actually is presented with, this is 100% accurate depiction of the NPE. What are your thoughts on how that progress relates to NPE of the past, and what progress still needs to be made with NPE for the future?

43. Newbies have no idea what syndicates are about, but the syndicate interface is prominent in the liset(right up front). Will there be an "intro to syndicates" quest at some point to establish them and what their actual value is? Some new players believe they're REQUIRED content, rather than optional, and are understandably freaked out by the prospect.

Few questions:

1. Are there any plans (that you can share) regarding new machanics and features for already existing systems, that will influence how they work (will influence both old elements and new, like Aerial attacks for Melee and recent Archwing changes)? Like new mechanics for Melee, Archwing, Invasions, Nightmare, Environmental Hazards, Companions.

2. (or 1b) Is there a chance/plans for more complex command system for companions, something based on "if statement", for example "If shields = 0, then use Shield Regen" - something like Dragon Age: Origins tactics.

3. Are there any chances for high level content that would require squad of players to complete series of connected missions in order to get the reward? (Or even The Prize?).

44. Supporting Steel Meridian & Red Veil = no neutral syndicate

Supporting Arbiters & Cephalon = Steel Meridian neutral

Supporting Perrin & New Loka = Red Veil neutral

Why make one combo worse than any else?

45. Why does the syndicate medallions give less rep that what adds up for ranking up to max level, 102500 is correct while medallions give 80000?

I have several questions for beloved DE

1. About focus when gonna be implemented to the game?

2. Arch wing need more mission to be implemented such as defense, capture, fight a boss

3. Augment mods need more slot, for example adding slot for augment mod for waframe, such as Aura, for one augment only would be great implemented in the future, so the players will farm more for syndicate to get these mods

4. Adding another class for kubrow will be great, scavanger kubrow?, or medic kubrow?

5. Next warframe should be "Typhus", so  please DE make him on the game xD

6. Nemesis is the best concept that DE made, any plan to make him as skin same as Excal proto skin? or make him playable as Nemesis frame?