Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #43

[DE]Rebecca

Just a few questions from me.

1) While I was going back over previous devstreams I noticed that certain systems that we were given a quick look at changed dramatically between what was envisioned at the time and what we received. I was just wondering why and if you plan on changing these systems to better reflect your original ideas?

2) Do you have any thoughts regarding the numerous one hit kills of the tar mutalist moas?

3) This year mainly focused on new and exciting endgame content. What will next year be all about?

4) Any plans regarding expanding the current companion system (sentinels, kubrows)?

Finally, keep up the outstanding work on this incredible and amazing game.

Has the idea of a stance/aura type slot for primary/secondary weapon types been considered? IMO it would be a GREAT place to put the rarely (read:never) used QOL mods. Think of them as weapon attachments. Scope for zoom, quick-change magazine for reload speed, extended magazine, Ammo clip converter (ammo mutation) etc. It would help a lot of the more specialized weapons break into the more mainstream, especially since basically nobody wants to trade straight damage for these things. A dedicated extra slot for ONLY these mods would alleviate that neglect. 

Additionally, is the overall meta still that of Primary/Secondary? Personally I think it would be nice if they were just two alternate weapon slots and both would always be a viable primary weapon. Or, if not that, have a "Quick secondary shot" bind similar to "Quick Melee" where you could whip out the secondary weapon for a few shots without having to wholly switch from one to the other. This could DRAMATICALLY increase the usability of many of these status-heavy secondary weapons.

Where is mios when is it coming

I know its early but any news on the next frame (not counting primes)

is there a particular reason you guys changed Mesa's ult

why did you remove mesa's passives

are you guys insisting on removing power play styles, even if it would cost you a good chunk of your player base

1:Any chance for alternate abilites coming down the road/the next suburb over?

2:A puncture based sniper is lacking from the arsenal - anyway to amend that?

3:stances are not stances, they are just combo cards - example; decisive judgment now looks like a kendo-esque stance when you haven't equipped?

4:a spear based weapon to come? - as we need far more puncture based melee weapons

5: ember rework?

Cheers,

-Phyrak

More questions : 

since Update 15 was the Archwing - Syndicate update syndicates seem to have all the shiny glory nowdays and ever since release. Archwing on the other hand was very much Hyped got played a lot at start and now most players have left it in the attic or afk grind parts for the new weapons. 

Will Archwing get more attention? In what way do you plan its recovery? cause it is a shame to leave this New way to play Warframe as your words were back when anounching Update 15. 

Plz dont let it die.

Just a thought, I had this idea for Prime Time, could we ever see 4 of the DE staff members doing a "let's play" sort of thing where you play as Excalibur prime, Mag prime, Rhino prime, and Loki prime while using the prime Braton, Lato and Skana? I think it would give prime time a new meaning. I will expect my question be answered in the Dev Stream.

Awesome, a new devstream! :D

Now for my question:

Recent frames have had their themes very well conveyed through their abilities.

For example, Limbo's abilities focus on banishing, and Mesa's on being a duelist gunslinger.

However, older frames abilities are not so unified; I think the best example of this is Saryn. Why does she have a random skill to increase melee damage, if her kit is designed around spreading poison?

Do you guys have any plans to revisit these "out of place" skills on the older warframes?

Edited by Westlo

1. Any plans to give a chance to get event rewards for people that missed them?

Maybe as quests, updated daily login rewards or achievement rewards? "Hats Off" was funny and entertaining, a reward for it would be also cool.

2. Any chance to get (Earth) moon tile set? Maybe with a low gravity effect?

3. How about a bit of change in inventory/mods UI to make it more readable with a lot of items?

For example to give option to see mods/items as ~1,5 text line (1 line of text + border) stripes to see more?

EDIT: Bonus question, can you tone down a bit the new particle effect of "swarm" from mutalisc incursion?

At the moment it is either quality of graphic or almost total blindness.

Edited by morqe

1. How's Focus coming along? Just curious.

2. Do you have any sort of estimate as to when we'll finally see the Void Trader ingame, and how his trading system appears to be operating at this point? (i.e. Does he have 1 kind of token, 1 per tower, 1 per mission type, what can we buy, is it time-limited offers which is a very very very bad idea, etc. etc.)

^

wasn't it supposed to come in 15.5?

Aloha,

This past year has seen the introduction of many new systems, from Melee 2.0 to a new UI to Dark Sectors to Archwings and Syndicates, it has been an interesting ride to say the least. WarFrame has many systems that have been added and a great foundation to build off of, so my question is, when will we not only add in new systems, but also flesh out the systems we already have available? I am not saying that we have not fleshed out many systems, as Melee 2.0 and the new UI are great examples, but what other systems will be updated, fleshed out, expanded, and/or intertwined with others in the upcoming year?

I love you all at DE, and I thank you greatly for giving this game to us and allowing us to help shape it with you. And in true Hawai'i fashion, I wish you a Merry Christmas in our customary greeting, Mele Kalikimaka!

Mahalo nui loa from Hawai'i,

AlphaHorseman

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Question: Resolution picker for borderless windowed?

Question: Iron phoenix, why does pressing any movement button during its (only real) combo make my warframe move forward no matter what?

Question: Well this isn't a question really, I just want more speed in my archwing, MORE SPEED GIVE ME MORE (yes I have hyperion thrusters....not enough); the next archwing should have a speedboost power that increases speed by 100% and can be stacked twice, I need that fake breaking the soundbarrier speedboost in my life. The effects that come with that boost need to look absolutely baller obviously.

Also because of some stupid garbage, I missed one of the tactical alerts completion by literally a few seconds, I sincerely hope the stratos badge doesn't turn into something awesome that can't be gained if you missed even one of them.

Edited by ReizoRyuu