Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Coming Archwing Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

Archwing will be receiving some changes in the next major update (likely tomorrow on PC). This post will give a general outline of what you can expect tomorrow, as well as the fundamental takeaway that we aren’t done changing, tweaking, and forever adjusting things to better fit a fun Archwing experience!

Dual Decurion Buff

The latest Archwing Reinforcement will be receiving boosts on stats for damage and clip size.
The weapon now fires as Automatic instead of semi-Automatic.

Innate Vacuum for Loot pickup
All players will now experience a default radial ‘Vacuum’ effect for loot making pick-ups easier to grab and improve the general flow of movement.

Archwing Interception Rewards
Interception Rewards are now exclusively Archwing Mods, no other mods are presented in the Reward Table.    

Stunlock Reduced

Overall stunlock intensity reduced in combat.

Buffed Mods

Critical Chance Mods for Melee and Rifle have both been buffed.
Health/Shield/Armor Mods have been buffed.

And, perhaps the biggest  change of all:
Warframe Stats and Mods no longer carry over onto Archwing performance.
All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).
What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

Stay tuned for more details tomorrow, and we will update this with any major changes should they occur. We mostly wanted to give you a heads up on what you can expect in the ‘Archwing Improvements’ department!

All players will now experience a default radial ‘Vacuum’ effect for loot making pick-ups easier to grab and improve the general flow of movement.

All of my yes.

Also can we expect mods like bright purity to be fixed? (Actual melee damage increase as with description)

Or a rakta ballistica buff to bring it in line with the other syndicate weps?

Edited by MrNonApplicable

Awesome news. Looking forward to hearing more.

I hope with the Dual Decurion change we will also see its recoil get reduced as well. I wanted to love Dual Decurion as it is now, but the recoil and semi-auto fire just made it far too difficult.

Edited by Trowicia

All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).

What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

So much yes for this!

Tenno,

Archwing will be receiving some changes in the next major update (likely tomorrow on PC). This post will give a general outline of what you can expect tomorrow, as well as the fundamental takeaway that we aren’t done changing, tweaking, and forever adjusting things to better fit a fun Archwing experience!

Dual Decurion Buff

The latest Archwing Reinforcement will be receiving boosts on stats for damage and clip size.

The weapon now fires as Automatic instead of semi-Automatic.

Archwing Interception Rewards

Interception Rewards are now exclusively Archwing Mods, no other mods are presented in the Reward Table.    

Stunlock Reduced

Overall stunlock intensity reduced in combat.

Buffed Mods

Critical Chance Mods for Melee and Rifle have both been buffed.

Health/Shield/Armor Mods have been buffed.

Stay tuned for more details tomorrow, and we will update this with any major changes should they occur. We mostly wanted to give you a heads up on what you can expect in the ‘Archwing Improvements’ department!

And what about when it comes to Archwing speed? Is that still linked to our Warframe? I sort of feel it still should be.

I'll be the first to say this. I'm both happy and sadden by this. Happy that I can now use any frame I want on Archwing. At the same time, it takes away the uniqueness of what frame to bring onto my Archwing. Also, my Rhino that I've kept for Archwing use only is now sorta out of a job again (mainly because I've had Rhino Prime, which is better in every way for regular play).

If only we could have some sort of base Archwing stat that can get augmented depending on what frame you put on it. I think that would make a slightly better option. But again, I am speaking mainly for myself here.

If only we could have some sort of base Archwing stat that can get augmented depending on what frame you put on it. I think that would make a slightly better option. But again, I am speaking mainly for myself here.

Passives, League of Legends style.

Each warframe has a specific passive buff that applies only to archwing.

Boom.