Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Coming Archwing Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

I'm loving these changes, but my biggest question is when, if ever, is the Corvas going to get reworked? A shotgun in space is frankly a terrible idea. You guys kind of introduced that thing as a grenade launcher or rocket launcher, both of which would be far more effective than a space shotgun.

Dual Decurion Buff

Cool. I looked at the stats when it came out, and thought "aren't those the akmagnus's stats?"

And then I checked, and they both have 8.3 fire rate, 16 magazine, 3 sec reload time, 25% 2x crits, it just trades most of the status chance for 5 extra damage.

Didn't even bother to look for it because it's pretty obvious an Akmagnus is going to be underwhelming in space. The basic space starter weapon Imperator is comparable to Boltor Prime, isn't it? Big guns to shoot at big enemies.

Innate Vacuum for Loot pickup

Will make things much easier, thanks.

And, perhaps the biggest  change of all: Warframe Stats and Mods no longer carry over onto Archwing performance.

Important question: Does this include auras? Because getting rid of rejuvenation/energy siphon/loot detector would be annoying.

I think the best thing would be to let us put auras on our archwings because having them be the only thing on your warframe that has an effect would be a bit odd.

Overall though, a good change. I no longer have to keep a separate loadout for archwing that's just Rhino with a bunch of health mods!

Edited by Azure.M

righton, mostly all sounds good

as for the change to the base archwing stats and mods and no longer taking anything from the frame... cant say that im really impressed here =[

while yes, this does sound like a solution to the only rhino/valkyr/zephyr arghwing problem, this really seems like a cop-out way of dealing with it

would be much better to have each frame be able to use some of there own base abilities during archwing, thusly each of them having some useful purpose vs just their hp/shld/armr, give us a swap button to switch between frame abilities and archwing abilities (i realize this is a lot more work, but IMHO DE is doing a dis-service to the frames while in archwing)

i really dont think archwings have enough individuality to stand on their own (and they certainly dont offer enough utility considering the need for countermeasures in space combat and the cost of the abilities)

as much as i am glad that DE is making the PR effort to spend some time on arghwing, i really think the system needs a larger overhaul, put it back in the oven so-to-speak

Tenno,

And, perhaps the biggest  change of all:

Warframe Stats and Mods no longer carry over onto Archwing performance.

All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).

What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

after the change ..Elytron have again -5% Speed ?

Innate Vacuum for Loot pickup

YAY!

Stunlock Reduced

Overall stunlock intensity reduced in combat.

Fo' srs?

I might actually take another shot at Elytron.  o.O

Buffed Mods

Critical Chance Mods for Melee and Rifle have both been buffed.
Health/Shield/Armor Mods have been buffed.

Ugh.  :(

Hope they're not on the scale of the Warframe mods. 'cause I really think the Warframe mods should be brought into line with the AW ones, not vice versa.

But wait! 

All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).
What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

Aww yeah!  \o/

So then what happens to actual Warframe mods?  I agree with the idea that Warframe stats shouldn't carry over to some extend but perhaps some mods should?  Like loot radar or maybe like mods that affect defense versus elements or something...  I don't think you should completely separate the two, find like a nice balance in between.

This really isn't what many of us wanted.  We wanted other frames to be viable because they gave other advantages other than the advantages the tankier frames provided.  Just tossing out the whole idea of what frame you are using effecting archwing play is not the right move.  It comes off as the lazy way out.