Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Coming Archwing Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

And, perhaps the biggest  change of all:

Warframe Stats and Mods no longer carry over onto Archwing performance.

All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).

What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

I mean... I was perfectly fine with using my Zephyr for all archwing missions. It's not like the frame you used affected anything but survivabillity. I don't get why people were even complaining really.

With these changes i'm sure I'll have to waste a bunch of room even coming close to the 3k combined shield + health I was getting on my tank zephyr build. If it's even possible at all.

It doesn't even make sense really. Your warframe makes up half of what is being shot anyway. If not more since enemies are most likely aiming center mass. It makes sense for your warframes defensive capabilities to make a difference. If you're gonna go into an archwing mission with Loki and expect to survive any more than a few shots? You're clearly not thinking straight if that's the case.

Instead of nerfing Warframes that excel at arching missions, why not give some sort of improvement to Warframes not so suiting for them. Perhaps passive abilities for each frame? Maybe Loki could move faster than any frame due to him being so light.

All the other changes are nice but I just see this as an unnecessary nerf. Come on Scott give us a break for once.

With these changes i'm sure I'll have to waste a bunch of room even coming close to the 3k combined shield + health I was getting on my tank zephyr build. If it's even possible at all.

Meanwhile the other players who dont have tanky frames are suffering.

But its cool. Scott clearly owes you a break.

You deserve it.

Meanwhile the other players who dont have tanky frames are suffering.

But its cool. Scott clearly owes you a break.

You deserve it.

So... Get a tanky frame? I mean Zephyr or Rhino aren't get hard to obtain at all.

Shouldn't have to hold back players who are more experienced and have more access to stronger equipment.

Besides, how long have you been white knighting in this thread? It isn't very good to just accept everything someone does and praise them for it. You have to let them know when things aren't perfect. You can only learn from mistakes. All the changes DE is planning to make to archwings are great, except for the one mainly being discussed.

It will screw over those who are simply using the best equipment that they have on hand.

So... Get a tanky frame? I mean Zephyr or Rhino aren't get hard to obtain at all.

Shouldn't have to hold back players who are more experienced and have more access to stronger equipment.

"It's ok that it's unbalanced. Just use the same equipment I do! :^)"

This is your solution.

"It's ok that it's unbalanced. Just use the same equipment I do! :^)"

This is your solution.

Clearly didn't read my first post.

Instead of nerfing Warframes that excel at arching missions, why not give some sort of improvement to Warframes not so suiting for them. Perhaps passive abilities for each frame? Maybe Loki could move faster than any frame due to him being so light.

Yes and those builds are:

Pick Rhino

Pick Volt

Pick Saryn

And assuming we're allowed to use frame passives later (such as run speed and armor and stamina) then the builds become:

Pick Rhino

Pick Valkyr

Pick Saryn

So nah.

This is the best solution at the moment.

Those aren't at all what I mean by passives, and I think you are missing the idea. 

Passives aren't really even in the game yet, for the most part.  An example would be, if you used loki, you would cause enemies firing at you to have 10% less accuracy, because you are a stealth frame.  Trinity could have a passive regeneration.  Volt could have faster movement and or melee speed.  I am not saying these should be what they get, just using them as examples as bonuses you would get IN archwing when using certain frames. 

Just giving archwings Health/Shields etc, also doesn't make sense(I know, I know, everyone's favorite argument, but it is still valid), they are just attachments to your warframe.  Your warframe is what is getting shot for the most part. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Those aren't at all what I mean by passives, and I think you are missing the idea. 

Passives aren't really even in the game yet, for the most part.  An example would be, if you used loki, you would cause enemies firing at you to have 10% less accuracy, because you are a stealth frame.  Trinity could have a passive regeneration.  Volt could have faster movement and or melee speed.  I am not saying these should be what they get, just using them as examples as bonuses you would get IN archwing when using certain frames. 

Just giving archwings Health/Shields etc, also doesn't make sense, they are just attachments to your warframe.  Your warframe is what is getting shot for the most part. 

This is DE.

There are 22 different frames.

Do you really want the Rhino Archwing Conga Line to last for another year while they try to balance 22 different frames with 22 different archwing passives so that they are viable in Archwing? When the current solution fixes it all in one fell simple swoop?

-snip-

Dual Decurion Buff

The latest Archwing Reinforcement will be receiving boosts on stats for damage and clip size.

The weapon now fires as Automatic instead of semi-Automatic.

-snip-

All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).

What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

Now My trinity can be my main frame for archwing!! and with some awesome duals to boot :D

Innate Vacuum for Loot pickup

Why ????? makes NO difference, at all, if you cant see mods in the giant space or tunnel tile sets, why even bother "improving" for something with a little vacuum effect, mods can be 360º in all directions, too far to be noticeable, too much noise or details in the background making these unnoticeable.

Just realize that drops in space/archwing missions is not a viable mechanic.

Well this is good to know :D

;)

Edited by 7grims

Can you please look into why Velocitus misses Dregs 90% of the time?

I have no problems hitting any other enemies, but dregs seem to be part ghost.

Are you trying to lead your shots? Because if so you should probably stop.

I'm fairly certain that the Velocitus is hitscan.

nd, perhaps the biggest  change of all:

hmmmm..........

Are you trying to lead your shots? Because if so you should probably stop.

I'm fairly certain that the Velocitus is hitscan.

It's not hitscan. The projectiles are quite quick though.

I've got 3 forma on it, I've been using it enough to know how to time my shots.

I can hit Dargyn's strafing at high speeds half a mile away consistently, but Dregs cause hilariously inaccurate results. Unless the dreg is completely still, you'll miss, whether you try to lead your shot or not.

It does it when I'm solo, so it's not related to lag, I've asked other players about it and they've noticed too.

Buffed Mods

Critical Chance Mods for Melee and Rifle have both been buffed.

Health/Shield/Armor Mods have been buffed.

Stay tuned for more details tomorrow, and we will update this with any major changes should they occur. We mostly wanted to give you a heads up on what you can expect in the ‘Archwing Improvements’ department!

Wohoo thanks!

Maybe i will be able to farm Elytron now^^

I'm loving these changes, but my biggest question is when, if ever, is the Corvas going to get reworked? A shotgun in space is frankly a terrible idea. You guys kind of introduced that thing as a grenade launcher or rocket launcher, both of which would be far more effective than a space shotgun.

o.o IMO it could still work but would need to have adjusted range and have firing more like sobek/boar prime.

As for the thread if we are going to remove the effect of warframe mods on archwings, then will we get new archwing auras?