Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes And Neural Sensors Pictures Are Switched.

Zirion_Bk

If anyone reads the descriptions for the Neurodes and Neural Sensors, it is easy to see that they have accidentally been switched with one another. The Neural Sensor icon clearly has a Grineer logo on it, yet it's description hints that it is a infested material. Either the pictures need to be swapped or the descriptions need to be swapped.

Dude, this mistake is present in the game since they appeared in it. If they didn't fixed it a year ago, they won't fix this now either.

Dunno, "wrong" colours had been around since Closed Beta, too, and have finally been fixed earlier this year. So there's hope that at some point someone will say "Hey, that only takes a minute, I'll fix this now".

• 1 month later...

I feel like a fool having never noticed that.

However now that i think about it. It makes a lot of sense. The Neural Sensors are rewarded only at Jupiter, which used to a major Infested sector at the start of Open Beta.

Back then, Infested had mission nodes in each plantary sector, likely to highlight their role as neutral devestating third party which is lingering everywhere. In addition to that, they had Jupiter and Eris as their major "quaratine zone" style sectors, with J3-Golem and Phorid in them as bosses.

Thanks to Alad V. later turning to experimenting on Infested, it still makes sense that Neural Sensors as Infested base resources are rewarded at Jupiter. Now it works as kind of a forshadowing.

The time has come... this bug of ages past... will soon be no more... fix coming in next Update.

That's great to hear. Again the thing was in the game for so long i didn't even notice it was wrong. Ha.

Does that mean Eris will then reward Neural Sensors? Or does it stay to Neurodes, which now will also be rewarded at Jupiter, while Neural Sensors will now be rewarded at Earth?

The time has come... this bug of ages past... will soon be no more... fix coming in next Update.

Edit: Descriptions are being swapped = fix

that will put us back where we started, which is fine.

but we'll still have some unbecoming logic that Neural Sensors are acquired from only Corpus (when it's clearly a Grineer object), and Neurodes being from both Grineer and Infested (which is okay, the Infested almost certainly are the source for this, and Grineer having captured some of them for study or whatever is plausible).

so ultimately that was the original 'this does not make sense' when we originally brought it to attention.

WHOOOOOOO!

EDIT: I think, from a lore perspective... Let me check this out...

EDIT2: Oh yeah, TOTAL win.

Edited by Morec0

Although this is a slight derail, yes it will be 15.13, better to set expectations accordingly than to leave that item unanswered! 

You saw this, guys? Everyone contain the hype a little more,the situation is under control!

Stop whining man,that means more time to polish U16... "Patience is a tree with bitter roots  but sweet fruits..."

photo.jpg

I made a post on this topic a while back, not just about the design of neural sensors and neurodes conflicting with their descriptions, but more in depth pertaining to drop location, etc. Although I'm glad that DE is FINALLY addressing this issue, at least for those specific two. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306304-materials-components-faction-discrepancies-with-miss-matched-mats/

Maybe next we could have more areas that drop neural sensors. (Please? I'm tired of dealing with Alad V :c)

...What.

Wait, that confused me. So Neurodes will be described as Biotech sensor organ harvested from Infested entities and have their current Infested-y icon, while Neural Sensors will be described as Implanted neural-link for controlling augmentations, Grineer design and have their current Grineer icon?

Shouldn't the names be swapped as well (if that's not what you meant by saying "descriptions")? Or just the icons instead?

Wait, but regardless, Corpus on Jupiter will then be dropping Grineer-produced components. While it kinda made sense with the Infested (all their experiments and such, only the icon didn't match), now it makes completely no sense at all. Shouldn't you then also, for the sake of clarity and dealing with this confusion once and for all, switch the...uh... Earth's rare resource with Jupiter's (because I can't just call them by their names anymore without mixing them up)?

Damn, I'm so very confused by this situation. What is what now?!

Edit: After thinking hard about it for a while, does it mean that the item that is currently known as Neurodes will be called Neural Sensors and described as such, but still look like Neurodes do now, while the item known as Neural Sensors will be called Neurodes and described as such? Right?

Edited by Artarrwen