Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.6.0

DE_Adam

Innate Vacuum for Loot pickup

• All players in Archwing game modes will now have a default radial ‘vacuum’ effect for loot, making pick-ups easier to grab.  This should also improve the general flow of movement in Archwing Missions.

The one and only important change since Archwing has been released!!!

Edited by MediumRange

It's not about "cheap monetization" standards as you put it. It's about trying to make rewards -feel- like rewards. With tower 4 keys so easily and readily available now through syndicates, it makes sense to cut the droprates from tower 1 runs, so to encourage players to move up to more challenging content and thus feel actually rewarded for surviving and getting the rewards and drops that they actually worked hard to earn rather than sleeping on their keyboards for 5 minutes to get whatever. Same for the archwings no longer basing off warframes and grineer "aimbotting". Those encourage you to use cover/defensive abilities and establish teamwork rather than standing about in the open taking bullets in the face constantly without ever touching a defensive ability or even blinking at cover.

Those so called "rewards" are losing their worth faster than it takes you to gain them and I don't know if anybody realized it already but it takes longer and longer to get somewhere ever since some features got added to the game, namingly the Syndicates and Archwing, as well as some others. The same is also true for the latest two bossfights Vay Hek and Mutalist Alad V.

You grind your butt off to get somewhere just to find out that it ultimatively wasn't worth the trouble because either the items (Warframes/Weapons/Mods/Equipment) are not balanced right and it takes forever for DE to notice it, if they notice it at all, or the next piece of content superseding existing stuff is already in the pipeline/about to be released once you get there so you are back to square one grinding for the new stuff.

Even if you manage to get to an end, through all the grind-madness you will eventually realize that all the shiny gear you worked hard for is becoming useless because there's nothing else to use it on but grind for the next item, which is only driven by a completionist's greed or because the new item is the new mandatory item. I have seen this "end" multiple times with Warframe now and I've become "meh" about the game eventually because it's getting boring and no amount of additional grind content DE adds to the game will make it more interesting from now on. They are just Copy&Pasting the same bland gameplay like a stamp all over the game now.

So I fail to see where "reducing droprates" of a vital resource that's now basically standard in every new Warframe/Weapon is helping the players to make it more worthwhile, especially when many people are already sick of the neverending grind and when DE is enforcing the inflation themselves by pushing out new content that renders existing content eventually obsolete. In fact it does the opposite... it takes longer and longer to get the required resources, at least if you are not playing Warframe 24/7. It drives me away from the game because I can't be arsed to do much more of the same bland stuff over and over.

That the items are losing their worth or never had one in the first place is DE's fault for shipping stuff shortsightedly by relying on the devaluing-trick. Most people I know gave up on the game already because of how boringly similar the scheme is to other grind-RPGs like Diablo 3 where exactly the same happens: Devaluing of items so a bunch of nerdy fanboys have a reason to grind for the next batch of top-gear items so they have a chance to show off how rad they are before those items get once more obsolete.

I honestly doubt that this kind of game economy where everything eventually loses worth so you are encouraged to grind some more of the same bland bullsh*t of content will survive forever. At least I don't think I will invest another 2000 hours in Warframe if it stays with that sobering scheme. For a newcomer it might be quite fun, but I'm following the game for 2 years now and... well I'm bored to death already, not even speaking about all the other troubles the game has to offer.

Edited by MeduSalem

I could mention a lot of things about this update that I like but...ULTRA RARE!? WHAT!?

Explain!

Wait....there is an ULTRA RARE Crate?

Welp, back to farming.

• Rare Loot Crate scan requirement has been reduced to 5, and Ultra Rare has been reduced to 3.

What are these glorious lot crates and where can I find them?

As cool as the new syndicate mods are...I miss the potential of the previous ones. Maybe you guys can come back sooner or later and update the previous augments to make them better? Vauban's tesla link is so sad for me right now :(. It's not even worth having the mod. I'll keep it in hopes of an update to it's damage or something non lag inducing. I'm sure Vauban's first ability isn't the only one. Please DE, make a nice little buff update like you did with the heavy weapons. You have no idea how happy that made everyone XD

500 oxium again. You guys are crazy. Plain and simple. You add a completely unnecessary material (3 actually, oxium, argon, cryotic) just to make the whole thing more grindy, more tedious. At this point I really do question if you are actually completely aware how off these choices are and just want to troll or torture us. Or you think players will endure everything?

This stuff was bad when it first popped up, it's really going overboard now. You need to stop DE, really. Of course if you only want nolifers to play the game, I couldn't care less, I will just find something else.

If only. But a reward itself being so much as resource for a single gun after hours and hours of grinding... and just one of the resources for that gun... well, thanks, no need for such rewards.

I don't care if it's a "farming" game and this is alright by some no-lifers with all the time of the world on their hands (or money). I simply cannot enjoy doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to get something resembling a mediocre gun which is either weak or will be nerfed later anyways, especially without actually seeing the end of the tunnel (hell, getting 20 oxium from a single mission is no considered better than normal... so you either wait for an alert or try to get sabotage keys and hope that you get oxium rewards... meaning just as much farming as the other way). If only the game itself was enjoyable enough - but with all the new "harassment" enemies that have no logical... hell, who the heck thought of the energy leech and disruptor enemies in the first place? Nobody told them that enemies that can't be protected against are not called challenge? Challenge is something you can beat - not something that only luck can protect against. Or not even that, considering that energy leeches can 0 your energy from miles, through walls, etc - good luck with a caster frame then.

Bah... why am I wasting my time. Back to UE..

EDIT

Okay, the void trader is nice - though i won't even mention how many times we talked about something like this on the forums. Seriously, that single guy with his kiosks is a better addition than like anything in the last 5 patches :D Okay, that's no joke, it's kind of sad... but still, for that, I thank you. It's nice.[/quote

Sorry but this is a freaking f2p game so what do you expect. It is some grinding. But that's normal. And looking on the update forums and seeing how much is being done for Warframe it is okay. The Devs do really good job so don't rage over it. ]

What dos this refere to?

• Rare Loot Crate scan requirement has been reduced to 5, and Ultra Rare has been reduced to 3.

Codex scans.

Are medallions still bugged? Because I just ran a mission for Suda and didn't recieve any.

Also, since U15.6 Steel Meridian dailies dissapeared...

They're not an automatic reward, they're literally hidden around in the levels and you need to find them.

Like this.

2014_12_12_00011.jpg

New Syndicate Medallions

Medallions are now available on Syndicate Missions.  Medallions act like their own currency, similar to Credits.  Each Syndicate’s Medallion may have their own unique look, but regardless of their appearance all Medallions count toward the same currency pool: Standing!  

When you’re ready to turn in Medallions simply head to your Tenno Relay of choice, visit your Syndicate trader and select how many you wish to turn in.  Different ranks of Medallions can provide greater Standing than others; so keep an eye out for Medallions and plan ahead when you spend them, Tenno.

PLS PLS fix the damned madallions allocation mechanism. planet Ceres. for example:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825184637/5B988BD1D1B22A5C2B11F9A88AB792858E5D7CBD/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825174383/A68C014ACFE3892F3B2FC10C2BAC5CB3A31D70B4/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825195663/D53E99703369E32D710914FEFD82F25BFA0C970E/

and that's not bug - that's rule. near half of medallions placed that way.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825210961/84D5F89E3863540F96ABEE54EC0B3FE61220D2D5/

last one - just for fun - You can see it, but You cant take it. invisible wall.

PLS PLS fix the damned madallions allocation mechanism. planet Ceres. for example:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825184637/5B988BD1D1B22A5C2B11F9A88AB792858E5D7CBD/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825174383/A68C014ACFE3892F3B2FC10C2BAC5CB3A31D70B4/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825195663/D53E99703369E32D710914FEFD82F25BFA0C970E/

and that's not bug - that's rule. near half of medallions placed that way.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734825210961/84D5F89E3863540F96ABEE54EC0B3FE61220D2D5/

last one - just for fun - You can see it, but You cant take it. invisible wall.

How do you do that with the steam pictures?

Still doesn't hit Dreg enemies...

Yeah. I just did a great Caelus and finally got something I wanted from it, but for some reason I had the wrong gun equipped. Thought I'd be able to solo things pretty easily once I switched back to Velocitus, but the Dregs were making it impossible. Otherwise the gun's fun.

Archwing Interception Rewards

• Interception Rewards are now exclusively Archwing Mods.  No other mods will be presented in the Reward Table.

Yeah, I'mma have to stop you there. You lied.

Warframe0012_zps007a043f.jpg

Hell's Chamber isn't an Archwing Mod and I got it as the reward for the third wave of an Archwing Interception mission just now. Kept going for the Corvas Receiver, though. Hee hee. Yay, Corvas! 

Edited for clarity and typos. 

Edited by Riasiru