Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Fave Mid Game Loki Setups.

Syche

Question

So I've cleared a few planets now and haven't really found enough stuff to begin working on the frames I wanna make so I figured I'd focus on my Loki. It's now level 17 and I recently purchased a Strun, Aklato, and I've made the Cronus. I've slapped on mods that I've managed to get my hands on but I don't really know what I should be aiming for mod/weapon wise.

Anyone wanna clue me in on the mods and weapons I should be working on now, maybe your favorite ones that can actually contribute to a group? I really want to overhaul my Loki mods and get a good melee weapon for some stealth combat. Preferably I'd like to know if any of the weapons I can flat out buy in the shop are good or what I should craft when I find/buy the blueprint. Thanks in advance for any info.

Oh and I bought the Strun after the update last night so I have no idea if my low damage output is simply because its new to me and unmodded or if shotguns were nerf batted into an invalid weapon.

Edited by Syche

17 answers to this question

Shotguns were nerf batted with damage fall-off at range. Hearing from other players, the range where you would do full damage is the same as you melee range, in which I would rather use a strong charge attack melee weapon.

At that point the necessary powers are decoy, invis and switch. Have a streamline mod (and flow if you have it) and a redirection mod and you should be pretty set. Continuity is good for decoy and invis.

I tend to run it like this:

Pop a decoy, go invis, if infested switch with decoy and melee, anything else, run around hacking or switch with an enemy behind the others.

When you level up a bit put on radial disarm, you WILL need flow and streamline, loki's essence helmet is recommended (reach also helps here)

Pop a decoy, go invis, run near decoy and use disarm against any non infested (unless disrupters are giving you stick). Hack all the silly enemies to oblivion.

Also popping a decoy in a far place and switching with it is a nice way to get around.

At that point the necessary powers are decoy, invis and switch. Have a streamline mod (and flow if you have it) and a redirection mod and you should be pretty set. Continuity is good for decoy and invis.

I tend to run it like this:

Pop a decoy, go invis, if infested switch with decoy and melee, anything else, run around hacking or switch with an enemy behind the others.

When you level up a bit put on radial disarm, you WILL need flow and streamline, loki's essence helmet is recommended (reach also helps here)

Pop a decoy, go invis, run near decoy and use disarm against any non infested (unless disrupters are giving you stick). Hack all the silly enemies to oblivion.

Also popping a decoy in a far place and switching with it is a nice way to get around.

What weapon do you recommend for hacking everything apart while stealthed. What mods would it need?

What weapon do you recommend for hacking everything apart while stealthed. What mods would it need?

I tend to go for either scindo or dual heat swords, charge damage due to crits. But it's completely up to personal preference. I'm sure the dual ether would also work fantastically, but i haven't got round to making them.

Mods on weapons, the usual, AP damage, Charge damage, Charge speed, Fury (on heavy weps for charge), Freeze damage. Fire damage is useful against infested, otherwise don't bother.

Shotguns have always been bad when unmodded.

Add an armor pierce and damage mod and level them both up to 75%. You'll be one-shotting things, even after the nerf-bat.

I got my strun after the update and I love it. I always deal most of the damage to bosses in whatever group i'm in, and I always get 50%+ of the total kills.

For your Loki, Get continuity (power duration), Flow (max energy), and Redirection. Max your invisibility mod, and get your Decoy to rank 2. Everything else is optional, although I highly recommend a bit of vitality, and leveling your switch teleport a little.

This is great advice.  Thanks guys.

Currently running with;

Loki 11

Decoy 2, Invis 3, Switch Tele 1, Redirection 2, and Vitality?(Health boost) 3.  Haven't found Flow, Continuity, or Streamline yet, but they sound like a good plan; my energy pool always feels too small.

Using a Burston with some Crit enhancers and a Cronus sword with the same.  Never use my pistol anymore since getting the Burston, so it's the default Lato.

My tactics thus far have been drop a decoy when there's more than 3 enemies in a group, rush in swinging with charged sword attacks, turn invis when the decoy drops (to stretch out my energy use) and start swinging.  If there's anything left, Burston or Cronus to finish, invis or decoy again if there's many enemies.  I've been using Switch Tele with downed allies and for gaining access to groups of distant enemies behind cover and that seems to work well.

I've got an idea that Switch Tele while wall-running above a chasm would be a great way to insta-kill a single enemy, though wouldn't want to use it on a boss for fear of losing whatever they drop.

For mid range i'm using latron and lex. That god danm pistol pops over 1k critical headshots on corpus troopers. Latron should hit even more when full moded.

To kill grinner I still prefer an automatic weapon like bruston or braton, or even a full moded grataka.

Infested will be most times close range since they rush you, so is good to have some mellee weapon that gives dmg bonus on them.

For mid range i'm using latron and lex. That god danm pistol pops over 1k critical headshots on corpus troopers. Latron should hit even more when full moded.

To kill grinner I still prefer an automatic weapon like bruston or braton, or even a full moded grataka.

Infested will be most times close range since they rush you, so is good to have some mellee weapon that gives dmg bonus on them.

I'll keep those ones in mind when it's time to upgrade again.  Thanks.

First rule for any Loki that considers himself to be an asset to the team:

Get a maxed rushmod and spam Gotta Go Fast! whenever someone falls behind.

Second rule:

Go faster!

Fun aside,while shotguns got nerfd pretty hard they are still a sensible choice against infected because of their stagger.

I've been using shotguns over rifles since I started playing again (after the nerf) and they seem to one shot *everything* as long as you're a decent amount close to them...not all the bullets need to hit. When I kappa farm I find that hitting at least 2 bullets in the head means the target is instantly dead, 1 headshot crit and they are dead as well but that's rng I suppose. I want to replace my 90% electricity damage mod with a 90% freeze damage mod but I'm unable to find one so far (been farming for days :/ )but I have +90% damage and 90% armor pen alongside it and I haven't done an area yet where I don't one shot. I also use reload speed at about 45% I think (haven't gotten enough money to max it out yet) and fire rate at the 2nd or 3rd upgrade so far. I pretty much instantly kill 6 things with each clip, realistically more like 4~5 in fights where there's a lot going on and the screen is shaking up and down/I goof and miss a shot.

For melee I used to use fang, but I found that shotgun was awful against infected since there are so many small mobs that can easily be killed in about 1/3rd~1/4th of a shotgun blast, so I am finding gram w/ fire damage and melee damage mods very useful for infested mission, just go invis and charge like 2~4 times pretty much, or slam attack if I'm out of power.

As far as skills I honestly wish I had chosen volt when I started because I'm finding that I prefer to be more of a caster type, but I've been making do with loki and what I use really depends on what I'm doing. If I'm farming a boss I throw on stamina recharge/max stamina/sprint speed w/ health and shield mods and take off radial disarm so I can fit everything in. Radial disarm in general feels like the worst ult out of all the ults in the game, but that's a different topic >_> regardless, it's nigh useless in boss fights unless you get overrun and everyone on your team is derp/doesn't use their ult/or if everyone is loki. Even then I'd much rather just throw a decoy out there which I end up doing anyways for bosses.

For kappa farming (mobile defense), and I'd assume the same would go for regular defense which i haven't done much of yet, I throw on radial disarm, loot radar (if I'm farming something, which I pretty much always am) and I take off the max stamina/stamina recharge. If I have extra room I put the power duration on as well, sometimes I find that I prefer that over sprint speed but the thing is with sprint speed if a teammate falls (which happens 1 in maybe 4~6 runs for me) I can sprint like a crazy man over to where they are and res them, especially because when people fall in mobile defense it's usually because they ran off somewhere random and died.

Besides that I spam radial disarm especially if I see 2+ elites in one area or a ton of those stupid balls (I *hate* those rolling balls). I don't find that I need flower or the efficiency mod really because whenever I cast radial disarm that means at least 10~15 guys are dying super quick, which means at least 2~3 power balls dropped, alongside all the others that I couldn't pick up earlier because I was full.

Keep in mind this is all without a potato, I don't like loki enough to use a potato on him, waiting until this payment issue with support is resolved so then I can buy nyx/banshee and put a potato on one of them instead :3

Sorry I wrote an essay about this, didn't really mean to >_<

Sorry I wrote an essay about this, didn't really mean to >_<

It's good info for me; I'm still kinda newb to the whole game.

Rush sounds like fun, but haven't had any of those drop for me yet.

I've been considering a shotgun, but want to get a stronger, accurate pistol for long range stuff before I trade out my Burston (still have default Lato, considering Bolto -> Akbolto, or Kraken to start, eventually Lex).

Thanks again guys!

Remember when selecting and modding a Melee weapon to use Charge attacks, not auto attacking.

Charge attacks are better than regular attacks normally, but become MUCH better when invisible.

Charge attacks deal double damage when invis; regular attacks only deal +50%.

Remember when selecting and modding a Melee weapon to use Charge attacks, not auto attacking.

Charge attacks are better than regular attacks normally, but become MUCH better when invisible.

Charge attacks deal double damage when invis; regular attacks only deal +50%.

I always try to use charge attacks when both visible or invisible; while visible, I can one-shot all non-boss Grineer I've encountered this way, most Corpus take 2-3 charged attacks, though fewer when invis.

Sometimes it doesn't register that I'm holding down the melee key and just does a normal swing.  Got a clicky keyboard, so I'm pretty sure I'm hitting it.

I've been using Point Strike so far on my Cronus sword and just attached a Shock mod and it seems to be working out ok (no potato).  Considering getting Dual Heat or Dual Ether after a pistol upgrade.

Edited by Reithur

Sorry if I repeat anyone. I primarily Loki and it's finals week for me.. You might be wondering why I'm on here at all. I'm taking a break, is all!

Moving on, I recommend on Loki the Dual Heat Swords for giant damage numbers on charges while invisible, or if you want to go quick slash spam, you might like the regular heat sword or even just the good old cronus.

Good mods I always go for (when I'm not rushing solo, solo rush I recommend continuity, marathon, rush, quick rest, redirection, invis, streamline) are redirection, flow, invis maxed, decoy maxed, ignore switch tp and radial disarm is mediocre but might have uses in defense I guess, continuity maxed, streamline, fast deflection, and you're free to use whatever else.

Guns: I recommend Lato Vandal or Lex as your offhand. Loki doesn't have a lot of survivability unless you want to invest heavily into redirection and vitality, but why pick loki if you want to go in guns blazing? Just stick back and if you get massed by enemies go invisible and start cutting the crowd thinner with charge attacks. On your mainhand it really comes down to preference. Higher levels I have found that assassination missions are best served by going invisible and using a Hek, while in most missions with just trash mobs I use a Latron or a Braton. Mods are really just up to your playstyle. Loki can save hostages and other team members under intense fire by disarming or using a decoy to redirect fire.

There's a bunch of playstyles. Just remember that invis is more than OMG RUN. Invis effectively doubles your melee damage while making you immune to bullets. Use that to be hyperaggressive. I mean it.

Back to work I suppose. -,-

Moving on, I recommend on Loki the Dual Heat Swords for giant damage numbers on charges while invisible.

Good mods I always go for (when I'm not rushing solo, solo rush I recommend continuity, marathon, rush, quick rest, redirection, invis, streamline) are redirection, flow, invis maxed, decoy maxed, ignore switch tp and radial disarm is mediocre but might have uses in defense I guess, continuity maxed, streamline, fast deflection, and you're free to use whatever else.

Guns: I recommend Lato Vandal or Lex as your offhand. Loki doesn't have a lot of survivability unless you want to invest heavily into redirection and vitality, but why pick loki if you want to go in guns blazing? Just stick back and if you get massed by enemies go invisible and start cutting the crowd thinner with charge attacks. On your mainhand it really comes down to preference. Higher levels I have found that assassination missions are best served by going invisible and using a Hek, while in most missions with just trash mobs I use a Latron or a Braton. Mods are really just up to your playstyle. Loki can save hostages and other team members under intense fire by disarming or using a decoy to redirect fire.

There's a bunch of playstyles. Just remember that invis is more than OMG RUN. Invis effectively doubles your melee damage while making you immune to bullets. Use that to be hyperaggressive. I mean it.

Very helpful; I'll save up for the Dual Heat.  As the Vandal doesn't appear to be available to me (joined after the Open Beta), I'll make the Lex a goal.

I'm already probably too aggressive for having low-level shield/health mods, but I think my main problem is I'm too conservative with my energy use; I'll try spamming Invis more.

Thanks again.

As I posted before, Lex and Latron are awesome to mid range.

My Latron is not full moded yet and is killing most grineers with 2~3 hits and dealing 900 on corpus troopers on headshot (even lv 30 mods got hit-killed)

It is good to have decoy, invisibility and switch on skills.

Decoy is usefull to keep mobs distracted since you are using mid-range average to slow firing guns.

Invisibility is deadly with a good melee weapon. Keep in mind that your melee charged attack got double dmg while invisible.

Switching positions with decoy allow the Loki to get in places that no one can for a harmless sniping.

Radial Disarm force ranged mods to come melee and already melee take a little dmg, but most times not worth the cost. Prefer jump in a crate, distract them with decoy or get invisible to double charged dmg. Heavy or high charged dmg weapons are good here.

Picked up a couple of Flow mods and fused them; Big difference in Energy pool, so now I don't feel like I need to save my abilities for emergencies.

Pulled out Radial Disarm to fit in a Rush 2 mod, but the speed bonus isn't that noticeable yet, so I might put Disarm back in for now. 

Also picked up a BP for Dual Heat Swords, though finding the resources has been hard.  Will be getting a Lex in day or two; just need a few more creds.