The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Trying Out Weapons Before Buying Them

MoonZapdos

Hello.

First off, let me say congratulations on an amazing game. I've been playing it for a month or two now and I can say I'm loving it. However, there is one little thing that I would really love could be added.

When you're in the market browing the various weapons, you can see small descriptions on them, and even see their stats by comparing them in the Arsenal, but in the end you're left with no choice but to look up videos on YouTube to see them in action. Even then, it's a long shot from trying the real thing.

My suggestion is simple. Before buying a weapon through the market, in the same screen as the purchase button, there could be added a function that would send you to, say, the tutorial map (or the map where the rank upgrades occur/your skill is tested) where you can actually try out said weapon and conclude for yourself if it's worth buying.

I'm looking forward to hear any comments from the DE team on this. Constructive criticism from other users is also appreciated.

I've seen this suggested in conjunction with the Dojo system.  Made a lot of sense and seemed like a pretty good plan.

I'm going to agree with this. Maybe something like the Mastery Rank Up missions, but just so you can try out the weapon, and maybe even stick some mods of the player's choice on it. I think that would give players a more end game feel for the weapon.

I've seen this suggested in conjunction with the Dojo system.  Made a lot of sense and seemed like a pretty good plan.

If you had it in conjunction with the clan dojo, I think donating a weapon into some sort of clan armory that you could test items from would work well.

This is a fantastic idea and I really wish I were implemented. Though I doubt it'll be implemented because if people could try out everything, they could actually decide if they wanted it and not just blindly buy it with IRL money because they can't wait. It would hurt their sales in the long run and... Well... They run a business, not a playhouse to make everyone happy.