Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug: After every mission, the UI stops loading elements.

Zeneroth

Mhmm.

The longer I look at this, the more it seems as if two things happen. To start a mission, the host (It's peer-to-peer) polls the master server for mission type, faction, environmental hazard, difficulty, spawn level of enemies, floor plan, rewards. The server generates that data package and sends it to the session host. Everyone connects to the host, mission plays out. Once the mission is done, every connected client sends his report back. Mods picked up, affinity gained, kills made, mission done/aborted/failed, credits earned, etc.

It appears as if Server -> Session Host works fine. But when the clients report back, it is up to four times the load, because ... well, the first package was one to one, the second package is up to four to one. Maybe the master server is clogged up from the mission reports? *rubs chin* Anyway, there seems to be a timeout. Once you are on the starmap, you can click on a planet. The planet UI is suppressed (but zoomed in), and the mission summary screen pops up. After you close it, you are stuck with an unresponsive UI, except for LogOut - and then, the UI element to punch your credentials isn't rendered, as if the client poll to the master server does not generate the lua based web-element. If it is a web element.

I did some more testing and observation on this.

It is not related to doing missions or anything like that at all. Time is all it needs. I just left the client running in Starmap Overview for about 45 minutes, and when all alerts had run out, I didn't get any new ones. When I tried to interact with the UI, I got no response. When I tried to log out, the login UI would not show up. Had to kill and restart the process.

What I assume is a timeout with the master server. Not a situational, mission-end bound , overload, but a simple timeout and connection loss. Every element in the UI is web-based. The inventory screen, the login UI, the arsenal - all that is web-based elements that are loaded and displayed in the game via remote calls to a web server - in our case, the Warframe master server. Once the connection is severed, the poll goes out to load the element, but the master server refuses to answer.

My new assumption is now that a loss of authentification causes the master server to deny the polls of the clients.

It would really be great if DE could have an eye on this and let us know what's up. :/

I did some more testing and observation on this.

It is not related to doing missions or anything like that at all. Time is all it needs. I just left the client running in Starmap Overview for about 45 minutes, and when all alerts had run out, I didn't get any new ones. When I tried to interact with the UI, I got no response. When I tried to log out, the login UI would not show up. Had to kill and restart the process.

What I assume is a timeout with the master server. Not a situational, mission-end bound , overload, but a simple timeout and connection loss. Every element in the UI is web-based. The inventory screen, the login UI, the arsenal - all that is web-based elements that are loaded and displayed in the game via remote calls to a web server - in our case, the Warframe master server. Once the connection is severed, the poll goes out to load the element, but the master server refuses to answer.

My new assumption is now that a loss of authentification causes the master server to deny the polls of the clients.

It would really be great if DE could have an eye on this and let us know what's up. :/

I definitely agree, only problem i have with what you said(which may be situational) is mine bugs as soon as i log in, not after a mission. Click a planet, and it zooms in and hangs, alot of lag just going through menus, but all is solved if i hit solo.

But mine is working flawlessly this morning. maybe a server reset? or less load on server?

I keep having events that look like partial server transmissions now.

This is my LogIn Screen after I just logged out:

loginscreen.png

My client does his job, it just appears as if the LUA calls for external web elements go nowhere or aren't fully processed/received.

Edited by Ced23Ric