The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Said Tenno Don't Talk?

(PSN)jhonnygrant

Aren't hostages Tenno? Weeellllll they talk.

We don't know what they are. Some just assume that they're Tenno. I doubt it, however, since they don't seem to be "twisted by the void." 

Edit: And IMO, "twisted by the void" implies that they don't look very nice under that armor. 

Plus, in a Reddit AMA the Devs were asked if the Tenno will ever talk & they said no. They want the player to be the voices. The extent of vocal communication will be yells & grunts, i.e. Valkyr & Rhino.

Edited by Rexlars

Hostages speak? then they aren't Tenno.

See? it works both way:

You can say Tenno talk because those guys talk.

I can say they aren't Tenno because they talk.

Both those statements have no evidence to support them, both are invalid

The fact is that we don't know if they are Tenno, and nobody ever said they are. In fact our Tenno wake up from cryostasis already wearing a Warframe, we never see them in space pajamas.

Can i have my time back now? the one i spent reading your "theory" i mean.

I'm one of the folks that firmly believe that the Arbiters of Hexis are indeed Tenno. The Tenno we play as that don't speak can be explained by them taking a vow of silence due to their service under Lotus. We can scream and grunt, so it isn't as though we don't have voices at all. Based on Hexis's understanding, we are nothing more than tools for war. And its implied that there are things about ourselves that Lotus keeps from us. I think it would make sense that she have us swear an oath of silence to keep us from being defiant. Its a pretty easy way to prevent us from asking questions.

We are not the first Warrior-race that has put such things into practice. Of course, DE hasn't confirmed whether or not Arbiters are Tenno (unless they did in a Devstream that I missed), so this is purely speculation.

Hostages speak? then they aren't Tenno.

See? it works both way:

You can say Tenno talk because those guys talk.

I can say they aren't Tenno because they talk.

Both those statements have no evidence to support them, both are invalid

The fact is that we don't know if they are Tenno, and nobody ever said they are. In fact our Tenno wake up from cryostasis already wearing a Warframe, we never see them in space pajamas.

Can i have my time back now? the one i spent reading your "theory" i mean.

Go take a bath and go to bed son

I'm one of the folks that firmly believe that the Arbiters of Hexis are indeed Tenno. The Tenno we play as that don't speak can be explained by them taking a vow of silence due to their service under Lotus. We can scream and grunt, so it isn't as though we don't have voices at all. Based on Hexis's understanding, we are nothing more than tools for war. And its implied that there are things about ourselves that Lotus keeps from us. I think it would make sense that she have us swear an oath of silence to keep us from being defiant. Its a pretty easy way to prevent us from asking questions.

We are not the first Warrior-race that has put such things into practice. Of course, DE hasn't confirmed whether or not Arbiters are Tenno (unless they did in a Devstream that I missed), so this is purely speculation.

That's very interesting

How many Tenno have we seen wake up.... Excalibur is the only WARFRAME I have seen wake up all the rest go directly to my inventory after I build them. I thought the characters we play with are Tenno inside a warframe. Maybe the Tenno do talk to one another through com link in their helmet. Idk. Nef Anyo over sees the collection of Tenno inside cryo pods and the lotus says it on Nef's mission. are the people not inside cryo pods on def missions? Ok lotus tells us to save our fellow Tenno (inside cryo pods) from Nef, def missions have people in cryo pods, hostages look just like the people inside cryo pods.... But I just started playing this game so I'm not an expert so please don't kill me for getting it wrong DE... I mean warframe experts.

And according to the game it's only 3 race of people in the game. Corpus, grinder and Tenno. 4 if you consider infested A race. So what race do the hostages belong to?

There's quite a bit of evidence to the contrary. There's normal people too, but they're never our enemies, so there's no need to encounter them on the field. The exceptions are rescue targets. But the vast majority of "normal" humans are largely un-encountered by the tenno.

They're all humans to some varying degree though, even most of the infested in some sense.

And according to the game it's only 3 race of people in the game. Corpus, grinder and Tenno. 4 if you consider infested A race. So what race do the hostages belong to?

They're all human: Corpus is a cult of humans, Grineer are clones who've irreparably altered their DNA beyond repair (Poor Tyl regor), and infested is the ugly that binds us. The only other race would be Wildlife, and possibly the Orokin. EDIT: And whatever the Orokin were fighting.

Edited by (PS4)ELIJAHIB88

There's quite a bit of evidence to the contrary. There's normal people too, but they're never our enemies, so there's no need to encounter them on the field. The exceptions are rescue targets. But the vast majority of "normal" humans are largely un-encountered by the tenno.

They're all humans to some varying degree though, even most of the infested in some sense.

Oh ok now I see. Thanks for that info. Now I can go to sleep knowing I'm not crazy because I thought grinder, corpus, and orokin where the only outcomes of earth /humans. But what you say is plausible to me.

We don't know what they are. Some just assume that they're Tenno. I doubt it, however, since they don't seem to be "twisted by the void." 

Edit: And IMO, "twisted by the void" implies that they don't look very nice under that armor. 

Plus, in a Reddit AMA the Devs were asked if the Tenno will ever talk & they said no. They want the player to be the voices. The extent of vocal communication will be yells & grunts, i.e. Valkyr & Rhino.

uhh Arbiters of Hexis are Tenno and they talk.

Maybe the reason Tenno can't speak because you can't open your mouth in a warframe, so none of the Tenno in warframes we ever see speak, which is mostly what the devs want to avoid, a specific warframe having a specific voice.

The Arbiters are Tenno in something other than a warframe suit, so they're chatty.

mouthpiece_c.jpg

Additionally, for all we know, helmets in warframes might have something like this or worse. It's a symbiotic suit after all. Might be glued to your face.

Edited by Zeromanicus

I just went through the syndicates, if hostages aren't Tenno they might be red veil because they have on suits or they may be apart of New Loka (pure human). Idk

New Loka people aren't really pure human either. They want to return to being pure humans though. 

As far as we know, there's not a single homo sapiens sapiens left in the Origin System.