Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Start New Color Research While No Color Research Is Active

Kourva

I have recently completed researching a dojo color and after completing the research, I cannot begin another one. If I try to start a new dojo color research, I am given the "You may not research more than one Dojo Color at a time" popup notice.

Repro steps (potentially at least -- this is what I did leading up to the bug):

1) Select and begin research on the JACKAL YELLOW dojo color.

2) Place a polychrome object in the Tenno lab.

3) Fund and wait for the color research to complete.

4) Once research is complete, select a new color to research (and then be told that I cannot begin a new color research).

I like additional content like the girl next door but it's kind of weird that basic stuff like this still ends up bugged every single time. Hell, archwing is not even that new now but Velocitus still can't hit Drags 90% of their surface... etc.

Not sure taking off that "Beta" was a good idea:)

No offense, but seriously it would be better to move some people from the "content factory" to the "maintenance/balancing" group because all the new content in the world can't save a game which is internally broken.

Yea, I know, this game is still the best F2P game out there, hands down, but still, so much potential and most of the problems could be solved with relative ease, like weapon balancing and removal of energy leech based enemies...

Ah well, one more "whining" post added to my arsenal...

Same issue with glacial blue, but I think it's because I still have glacial blue pigment in my inventory. This may not be it, but if it is, the pigments aren't saleable (for not being able to sell hundreds and make a stockpile of credits probably) and I can't test it. I hope DE makes it that either pigments are saleable or that all pigments are removed from your inventory when the research is finished. I think the second one sounds smarter, and I hope this post is read and this topic considered.

UPDATE:

Just tried to start a new color again and now we can.  I wonder if the bug isn't coming from when they reduced the research time from 72 hours to 36 hours?  The game says it requires 36 hours, but the code actually takes 72?  That's the only idea I have since it's been about 3 days since we started the Glacial Blue research...

I wish I had seen this thread a few days ago.  Simplest fix is that you go to your dojo, make sure the old color is done, could be the second it's done.  Then exit dojo, exit warframe and restart and then go research a new color.

What is happening is that your pigments from the previous research are still in your inventory and they aren't cleared out until you restart warframe for some weird reason.  Everytime I finish a color I have to log in to warframe, go to the dojo and look at the console then exit and restart before it removes my old pigments.

Someone might try to check and see if they can do a research if they don't have any spare pigments but it gets to be pretty difficult to avoid getting at least one pigment more then you need.

I wish I had seen this thread a few days ago.  Simplest fix is that you go to your dojo, make sure the old color is done, could be the second it's done.  Then exit dojo, exit warframe and restart and then go research a new color.

What is happening is that your pigments from the previous research are still in your inventory and they aren't cleared out until you restart warframe for some weird reason.  Everytime I finish a color I have to log in to warframe, go to the dojo and look at the console then exit and restart before it removes my old pigments.

Someone might try to check and see if they can do a research if they don't have any spare pigments but it gets to be pretty difficult to avoid getting at least one pigment more then you need.

Tested, this method works! :D

Just tried this a few mins after my first project  was done, it works~

Thanks for sharing!