The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow, I Really Cannot Beat The Stalker....

(PSN)Blu_Subaru22

Question

So I encounter you know who again...This time because the blood of the jackal was on my hands.......I thought I was ready for him this time around. I took the advice from fellow members here and made my Soma a Viral gun and it has been effective ever since. Unfortunately, not effective against the stalker apparently. I unloaded 2 130 clips at him and he still killed me. I thought he was close to death but I guess not. Now I know its a bad idea to solo him but I really have to prove to myself that I can defeat him, but so far that's only because my teammates are around to hurt him enough for me to finish him. So what exactly am I doing wrong. I sure as heck ain't standing still when he shows up. But he still manages to best me when I solo.

Edited by (PS4)Blu_Subaru22

The last time I saw the Stalker, I was releveling Mag. I think she was around rank 12. He never shows up when I have a rank 25 or higher frame equipped or more than one rank 30 weapon. I cast Shield Polarise and blasted him with 3 shots from my trusty Pyrana(2 Forma). Slash procs took care of the rest.

Yea I noticed that lifestrike can only be earned via Dark sector. Which means I'll probably won't get it by conventional means. Like I would have to get lucky trading it, it's pretty sad yet I'm eager to face him. He usually does not dispel my skin either.

Edited by (PS4)Blu_Subaru22

If he doesnt dispel my iron skin it becomes very easy.When you see the lights flicker find some energy.Full energy means you will have more chance for an undispelled iron skin.Also a hard hitting dread will be very helpful against him.If you want to farm dread from him that wont be an option.The same as everyone says use a weapon with a very high base damage.Paris prime would be good too if you have it.

Edited by bodyguard121

Yea I noticed that lifestrike can only be earned via Dark sector. Which means I'll probably won't get it by conventional means.

That's normal dark sectors, not conflict. So if you have an aversion to PVP you don't have to participate in PVP to get Life Strike.

heh, I'm MR15 and have too many hours in the game and I STILL have issues with stalker some times. keep moving and use burst damage weapons like bows/snipers/shotguns and DO NOT try and melee him, you will die.

I melee killed him easily 3 times.Never died actually while trying to melee.

he is the worst for me.   By the time the sickening screen effect wears off, he has teleported on top of me and killed me.   I can try running without looking at the screen, but if you get away the sick effect starts again.   I basically have to fight him without looking at the screen, and you can imagine how well *that* goes.    I have killed all the others multiple times, but I can't fight while looking out my window or at the floor or whatever mashing random keys. 

I have almost made my sentinel good enough to do him in, if I can avoid dying long enough for it to do the work. 

When he spawns in, MAKE SURE YOU SEE WHERE HE SPAWNS IN. He's immune to damage while sitting down, but this means I can set up massive amounts of damage while he's standing up to fight you. I usually surround him with cubes from the Quanta and detonate the second he becomes vulnerable.

On a side note, if you're playing a stupidly high level mission, the stalker will also be a stupidly high level. His level scales off of your gear first, then the mission difficulty second.

You can't just take his arrows and skills. Use the place around you to dodge or take time to reload then evade as much as you can while he's shooting at you... Killing him is not about how tanky you are, Kill him using a tenno skill.

Killed him 5 times already in Solo, My best frame that can kill him is Rhino Prime and Ash with 3 forma Boltor P Corrosive Build + Fire Rate Build

You can't just take his arrows and skills. Use the place around you to dodge or take time to reload then evade as much as you can while he's shooting at you... Killing him is not about how tanky you are, Kill him using a tenno skill.

Killed him 5 times already in Solo, My best frame that can kill him is Rhino Prime and Ash with 3 forma Boltor P Corrosive Build + Fire Rate Build

I killed him twice in solo with my rhino prime too.Also got soma.Try evading his dread and hope that he doesnt dispel your iron skin.

Don't stand still and let him wreck you.

Keep distance between yourself and him, and run in a circle around him while firing.

Been doing that since I started playing. After close to a hundred encounters I've only ever lost to the Stalker a single time - the very first time.

Not very surprising to lose only one time, if you're called John Prodman.

I agree though : keep movin' Blu_Subaru22.