Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.7.1

DE_Adam

Means Sabotage just became worthless in the void. SMH IDK why they did not just make it 2 void rewards at the end rather than remove the second reward period it makes no dmn sense.

Well this is bcrap, few people were doin' it for the sake of double rewards, there's people who doesn't even know that this mission exist and now this... well Happy new year >.> 

That's like a great developer should be. Few hrs after dropping a bigger update they still try to solve problems. I can't stress this enough. DE we really appreciate your hard work. Not to mention all those devs who drop a big update and then leave it buggy for months. Thanks and much Love <3 ~NovaCry

Hey DE.

Instead of removing the Void Caches because of "exploits", then why not take a step back and look at why players were trying to exploit in the first place?

Sabotage keys are ridiculously hard to get ahold of already, and we're tired of getting the same stupid Update 8 crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

So people went "AH-HA! I can get the rewards from the caches, we'll find all 3 and if it isn't right, we'll drop group and then re-run without losing our key until we get what we want."

Rather than removing the reward caches, there's a better way to fix it:

1). How about properly balancing the drop % chances on the old vs new stuff? Nobody wants 300 reaper/latron/frost prime parts to get 1 of the newer parts. I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous.

2). Make Sabotage Keys easier to get. I've never seen a single Sabotage Key, ever. Maybe we wouldn't mind doing more Sabotage Missions, if the keys weren't so stinking hard to get in the first place.

3). Temporarily make Sabotage missions give 2 rewards at the end if all 3 caches were obtained (along with doing #1 or #2).

Either of those solutions would be better fixes, then you can implement #3 and we're all good again.

How hard is that?

Hey DE.

Instead of removing the Void Caches because of "exploits", then why not take a step back and look at why players were trying to exploit in the first place?

Sabotage keys are ridiculously hard to get ahold of already, and we're tired of getting the same stupid Update 8 crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

So people went "AH-HA! I can get the rewards from the caches, we'll find all 3 and if it isn't right, we'll drop group and then re-run without losing our key until we get what we want."

1). How about properly balancing the drop % chances on the old vs new stuff? Nobody wants 300 reaper/latron/frost prime parts to get 1 of the newer parts. I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous.

2). Make Sabotage Keys easier to get. I've never seen a single Sabotage Key, ever. Maybe we wouldn't mind doing more Sabotage Missions, if the keys weren't so stinking hard to get in the first place.

3). Temporarily make Sabotage missions give 2 rewards at the end if all 3 caches were obtained (along with doing #1 or #2).

Either of those solutions would be better fixes, then you can implement #3 and we're all good again.

How hard is that?

That.....wasn't......the......exploit.

Is anyone else having issues with Derelict Survival drop tables? I got only keys on each one, including after both 20 and 40 mins...

yep, but it seems that the drop rates for the cool stuff (AKA Nova Systems) are really low (expected since DE wants the money) but i managed to get one of those systems after trying multiple times

^This... was farming for Nova Parts about 8 hours today and got nothing! Not a single Part! Doesnt matter if i stay for 20, 40 or 60 mins. All i got were S#&amp;&#036;ty parts i have tons of already!

Hey DE.

How hard is that?

oh, im getting dejavu, remember last time an update was to fix an "exploit" surprised to see not as many posts on here about that, then again, u have to manually search this update since it isnt on the liset news screen:3

Also: nullifiers. yeah i think their bubble is based off constant damage rather than bullet damage. get your rank 10 boar primes fired up!:D

Maybe it's already said in this thread but, after this hotfix my challenges were reset to zero. This happens every time I go to a new mission.

For example: every first console I hack or camera I shot it pops a challenge notification window with 1/1000.

Sorry for bad english and thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention another challenge related bug.

I entered a mission, got about 15 rifle kills of the mission challenge and then died (lvl 6 Mesa against lvl 20 corpus ;D). After using a revive the game stopped counting my rifle kills for the rest of the mission.

PS: First forum post! :D

Edited by Kokkox

Maybe it's already said in this thread but, after this hotfix my challenges were reset to zero. This happens every time I go to a new mission.

For example: every first console I hack or camera I shot it pops a challenge notification window with 1/1000.

Sorry for bad english and thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention another challenge related bug.

I entered a mission, got about 15 rifle kills of the mission challenge and then died (lvl 6 Mesa against lvl 20 corpus ;D). After using a revive the game stopped counting my rifle kills for the rest of the mission.

PS: First forum post! :D

Welcome to the forums, where all your dreams of nerfs come true!

Also, I can confirm that my challenges reset with this hotfix.

Welcome to the forums, where all your dreams of nerfs come true!

Also, I can confirm that my challenges reset with this hotfix.

yeah getting your challanges reset its kinda normal stuff now, i never was able (and i doubt i will be able) to complete the 1000 revives and hacks since each time i am close to reach it i got the restarted by a update (the worst part is that i want the achivement in steam too)

What about the ongoing dojo bug? I realize not all are affected by this, however our clan as well as many others are. If it is actively being worked on that's fine, I understand these things take time. I just wish there was a system to alert players of coming changes or items that are pending fix. Also on the Sabotage key issue, I also agree that we could just have the 3rd cache say "Prime Part" or simply have the key consumed after the third cache is opened.

That's basically what they did though. Being able to abandon missions when you don't get what you want has existed since the beginning of the game. Only now that they stuffed their new shiny behind an obnoxiously rare key have they taken issue with it. Why not... remove the reward display when opening orokin caches? Surely that couldn't be any more difficult than removing rewards from the caches themselves.

DE has tried to remove this exploit (yes it is an exploit to abort half way through a mission as you are not playing the game as intended) for a long time. this is just the most recent iteration. they have also been criticized for not reacting fast enough or strong enough in the past. this is the fast, strong reaction people wanted.

DE has tried to remove this exploit (yes it is an exploit to abort half way through a mission as you are not playing the game as intended) for a long time. this is just the most recent iteration. they have also been criticized for not reacting fast enough or strong enough in the past. this is the fast, strong reaction people wanted.

Well if you abort a mission you get nothing, the way it should be (this is why we need an unstuck command, even if it takes you back to the spawn in point of a mission so you dont lose all progress). 

For keys I understood the mission ended if the key user leaves.  Why was that even changed to again open up that same exploit that was used when void keys were first added?  Disconnections and crashes are going to happen in a beta game.

The reaction isn't a good strong reaction becuse it's punishing everyone for playing the missions the right way or the wrong way.  The exploiters however get to keep everything and have had no reprecussions for their exploitive actions, meaning only those that didnt exploit (that were aware of it, thus doing the right thing) lose out in this situation.

The issue isnt so much the exploit itself, it is that prime parts can be traded for platinum for using it (the exploit has a monetary gain).  I mean if you couldn't gain platinum for the prime parts would anyone really even care that much about the exploit other than it being a bug like any other.

Sorry but DE needs to start banning exploiters (sure give them warnings and on the third warning ban them) or accept that they will always be exploiters and not harm those that are doing the correct thing (not exploiting) in the process.

As it stands it is actually worth while exploiting, when you find one becuse you get to keep everything you got from it and have no other reprecussions for doing so.

-----

I dont see why it needed to take so long to just give the caches their own loot tables for the interrum, even if it is just a copy of the cycle tables.  DE removed the expoit so no harm in being told what it specifically was and the community could very well assist in a solution to it (we are meant to be assisting with beta testing things afterall).

I'd be fairly certain the exploit has been happening since the caches got added aswell (beign an old exploit to reuse keys). So why is it only now being addressed when they release a new prime frame to be placed there?

Edited by Loswaith