The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Guys Think Of The New Primes And How Their 'gold' Is A Changeable Color?

gkuoni

As stated in the Topic Title.

With the new prime weapons: Soma Prime, Vasto Prime, and Nova Prime (maybe a few others too), you can change the color of the gold rimmings.

What do you guys think of this?

Personally, I wish they'd change it back so that there are gold rimmings, I always liked the metallic gold being there, and wished they're make it so it can't be changed and that the other color has a different value.

I disagree. People have been wanting to have full customization for a while, so even if I like the gold, it's a little unfair to say that nobody else should make that choice for themselves. I feel like people are probably missing out in not using the sick Prime Gold color but y'know, if people wanna play an all-black Ash with all of Stalker's gear (also in black, maybe with a hit of blood red) then I don't see why it would really effect me.

I hate that the gold is changeable, as now it is not as gold as the gold of all previous prime weapons/frames.

For example, my orthos' blades glow in the shadows, while nova soma and vasto are just yellow in the shadows.

That does not have to do with the colorization of the gold, but with the PBR (physically based rendering) that the new items use. Even if the color weren't customizable, you would still not have the same effect as before.

Love it, makes me wanna actually ever use prime stuff.

Mind you, I still would've and did before, but I hated being extremely limited in colors. Say what you want, but with a few rare exceptions, cool colors look like poop with that yellow.

Luckily my main color scheme is browns and oranges/golds, but being stuck to just that is awful.

Honestly the prime trim colors are still pretty desaturated so it's not like can claim "now super bright neon green metal is a thing omg game breaking", just green tinted metal instead of gold, or whatever else.

Then shouldn't they update the PBR of the old stuff?

The implementation of PBR basically requires DE to back into every artifact and element that has a visible surface and redo pretty much all said surfaces from the top down. That includes every weapon, warframe, enemy, and object in the game. While it's not an overly complicated process, it is highly time consuming when you're already trying to pump out and cleanse new content as you go. It is going to take months, or possibly even years until the entire game has been outfitted with PBR surfaces. It will happen, but you're going to have to be patient. 

If this new 'feature' isn't brought in on all the old Prime Frames, DE will be facing a huge sh%t storm... It's really unfair.

I can't stand playing Nova and the fact that she's the first in what may be a future precedent really pisses me off.

DE should have let us change the gold trim years ago... So many people have asked for this change and it wasn't even hinted at by DE before Nova's release. I'm thinking they knew it would piss people off and they won't even bother to change old Primes. We'll see.

They've lost even more of my respect over this sudden change, and if they don't make a statement about allowing this on old items then they've also lost any futurist funds from me as well.

If this new 'feature' isn't brought in on all the old Prime Frames, DE will be facing a huge sh%t storm... It's really unfair.

I can't stand playing Nova and the fact that she's the first in what may be a future precedent really &!$$es me off.

DE should have let us change the gold trim years ago... So many people have asked for this change and it wasn't even hinted at by DE before Nova's release. I'm thinking they knew it would &!$$ people off and they won't even bother to change old Primes. We'll see.

They've lost even more of my respect over this sudden change, and if they don't make a statement about allowing this on old items then they've also lost any futurist funds from me as well.

Now I don't want all the primes to have this feature, as the old gold trim looks nice, however what I whuold like to account your part in this is an Prime Color pack,however this Prime pack can only work on Prime gear and warframes (so it stops people from making fake primes and not buying the prime stuff)

This color pack allows the normal golden trim to be on for players who enjoy it, but if you take it off, your free to change and mix how you wish it to be, but this huge change out of the blue has lost alot of respect from alot of people and upset quite a bit.

However its still nice

Edited by LegionCynex