Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Drop Tables' Rotation C Was Stealth Nerfed, Please Raise Awareness Of This Issue

cyrus106

Remember when the drop tables weren't obfuscated?  I miss the Warframe of 1.5 years ago.  

I do, I miss it too... DE doesnt though, as evident in this thread they can do whatever they want with the drop tables now without having to apologize on a devstream after and claiming it was a mistake....

I posted my Solution to the void drop tables quite some time ago but I don't think anyone takes me seriously.  Hell, I don't even take myself seriously.

I wasn't around in the before times when droprates were apparently a disclosed thing but it seems to me that new cool stuff gets added while grinding for them only gets worse.   Every so often I see an "I'm leaving" thread from someone who's been playing warframe for over a year and describes how sick they are of the increasing grind RNG to grind RNG for a part of a set, so much that they become ill just thinking about going near grinding and then they leave.  

I wonder if one day soon there will be a thread authored by me of the same accord.

I posted my Solution to the void drop tables quite some time ago but I don't think anyone takes me seriously.  Hell, I don't even take myself seriously.

I wasn't around in the before times when droprates were apparently a disclosed thing but it seems to me that new cool stuff gets added while grinding for them only gets worse.   Every so often I see an "I'm leaving" thread from someone who's been playing warframe for over a year and describes how sick they are of the increasing grind RNG to grind RNG for a part of a set, so much that they become ill just thinking about going near grinding and then they leave.  

I wonder if one day soon there will be a thread authored by me of the same accord.

Just read your thread.

I would like to add that the dev who does this also should have to stream it. He / She mustn't leave the building until he / she has the new items, but the drop rates may be adjusted. Once an item drops, the dropchance the dev was at is the final one.

Really, I think a lot would endure the suffering more easily if they had proof that the devs are going through the exact same.

Now, where is Sheldon when you need him...

I agree that forma, cores and keys have no place when it should be guarenteed rare. I'm assuming they'll change it a bit once enough people bought prime access. This crap happens with every single update.

Edited by kubbi

I agree that forma, vores and keys have no place when it should be guarenteed rare. I'm assuming they'll change it a bit once enough people bought prime access. This crap happens with every single update.

I am hoping you are correct, however every other prime access for me I have never seen so much bullS#&$ in rotation c, I just get junk prime parts instead, so this feels a lot different : /

Drop tables skewed against us you say...I'm so surprised!...said no one ever.

This is beginning to get silly , same old story every time.

New thing comes out and  all the drop tables get suddenly "broken" and suddenly all the rare resources for these things disappear.

This is why i gave up on caring, everything in  the void is non existent and i will only get things by accident.

"Fix" implies that they made a mistake. You don't accidentally break the void drop tables - especially when it's supposedly "stable" (read: no new prime parts in the last few patches). No, this is deliberate - just like it was all the previous times. Exactly the same thing that made me ragequit nearly 7 months ago. Checked in 3 weeks ago, started to like the Buzlok and Archwing, but nothing's changed and I'll probably end up leaving again. Perhaps I'll see if I can take more of my clan with me this time.

Actually the term 'Fix' is to repair something that was broken, whether it was broken intentionally or accedentially is irrelevant to the term fix.

Personally I'm not making any judgement on whether it is intentional or not intentional, as it could be anywhere in the code dealing with the resolution of results, collecting that information from tables or even the tables that contain the information themselves (especially if they are working on new systems to make RNG better overall). 

If you really do think, without a doubt that DE would do so intentionally, I have to wonder why you bother returning to their game at all, given that you feel they will gladly do underhanded things to their player base.

Edited by Loswaith

Actually the term 'Fix' is to repair something that was broken, whether it was broken intentionally or accedentially is irrelevant to the term fix.

Personally I'm not making any judgement on whether it is intentional or not intentional, as it could be anywhere in the code dealing with the resolution of results, collecting that information from tables or even the tables that contain the information themselves (especially if they are working on new systems to make RNG better overall). 

If you really do think, without a doubt that DE would do so intentionally, I have to wonder why you bother returning to their game at all, given that you feel they will gladly do underhanded things to their player base.

Pulling a random number out of the system (the RNG code itself is fine) and matching it against a table is not hard. Neither is "working on a new system to make RNG better" - that is just equalising all drop chances within one reward bracket and removing the worthless crap. If their broken drop tables were accidental, DE wouldn't have gone to the trouble of encrypting them after someone extracted the tables and used hard data to prove that they were very, *very* wrong in several public statements. If it was an honest mistake, DE would have gone "thanks for pointing this out, guys" and left the tables for us to check for further mistakes. Y'know, since we're supposedly BETA TESTERS.

I came back to see if it was any better. It's not.

What we should do is flood the next Q & A Devstream thread with a bunch of questions as to "explain the stealth nerf of Rotation C" so that they really can't avoid it. I wish we could organize the playerbase to ask only a small number of questions so that we could ensure that the burning topics get answered - this, why they keep adding new mechanics no one asked for (I mean, really? SWIMMING?) instead of fixing or improving all the old ones, why they made void trader not give us prime parts like we all kept asking for, etc. etc.

that could explain this amount of foma...

2h2mx42.jpg

I am having potato envy.

As for the drops, I feel I'm not seeing anywhere as near as many prime parts lately and a lot more cores in the mix.  I know, just conjecture.  Maybe I need to be doing some different void missions or something.

What we should do is flood the next Q & A Devstream thread with a bunch of questions as to "explain the stealth nerf of Rotation C" so that they really can't avoid it. I wish we could organize the playerbase to ask only a small number of questions so that we could ensure that the burning topics get answered - this, why they keep adding new mechanics no one asked for (I mean, really? SWIMMING?) instead of fixing or improving all the old ones, why they made void trader not give us prime parts like we all kept asking for, etc. etc.

Since when DE answers relevant questions on devstream?

You are high bud.

Edited by HiSaZuL

I feel a lot less drive to play void with this change, am I the only one that feels this way? doing 80 min t4 survival doesnt feel worth it anymore with the risk of coming home with 4 more shiny....formas

I haven't enjoyed prime part farming since Rhino Prime's prime access back in the day when they first messed up and encrypted the drop tables. I burnt out on farming for Rhino/Boltor primes so hard that I don't even bother with void survivals anymore.  It left a bad taste in my mouth, and I haven't seriously tried to farm for anything but Argon in the void since then.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

I haven't enjoyed prime part farming since Rhino Prime's prime access back in the day when they first messed up and encrypted the drop tables. I burnt out on farming for Rhino/Boltor primes so hard that I don't even bother with void survivals anymore.  It left a bad taste in my mouth, and I haven't seriously tried to farm for anything but Argon in the void since then.  

Pretty much this ↑

I think that's the point too... Make it a task so onerous that many are obliged to buy or trade for the item and DE/PWE/Sumpo makes their money.

Sounds like "Business as usual"

They actually made the game more grind. I'm loving doing T3 Survivals for 40min and getting 2x Forma BPs to add to the 93 I already own.

The guaranteed prime part at 20min didn't hurt anybody. With changing it, DE isn't making me want to spend money to buy plat to trade for the (over-inflated) part but to go and play another game to save from the disappointment.

Grind to get a key. Grind to get a forma. The grind wall is high.

The guaranteed prime part at 20min didn't hurt anybody. With changing it, DE isn't making me want to spend money to buy plat to trade for the (over-inflated) part but to go and play another game to save from the disappointment.

So much this.

I used to buy platinum to show my support for the game but I haven't bought any since DE encrypted the drop tables to conceal their 1% drops. Every time they throw up a grind wall it only strengthens my reslove to deny them my money.

So much this.

I used to buy platinum to show my support for the game but I haven't bought any since DE encrypted the drop tables to conceal their 1% drops. Every time they throw up a grind wall it only strengthens my reslove to deny them my money.

Not to mention they taunt us with things like 20% off coupons. 

Get outta here with your cheap ! coupons. Im not buying S#&$ from you until I get 75% off.

Edited by SOAP_Pmac