Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Drop Tables' Rotation C Was Stealth Nerfed, Please Raise Awareness Of This Issue

cyrus106

So, Dev Stream 45, 38 min mark and a question was posed to DE_Sheldon. It was based on cyrus106's topic (but not very close, as it was more about rotations and their rewards instead of aiming to address the stealth change).

DE_Sheldon likes the idea of adding rewards for Beta Testers who stay longer in endless missions, but he also said the idea is not new so telling if he likes it AND will include it would be inference and guesswork.

As for the stealth change in Rotation C... It seems the Beta Testers get the D. Hopefully you folks like it, it is not really my thing. (this is a joke obviously, and used in the Dev Stream itself. Moreover, this is aimed at the Beta Testers and not the company providing the Beta, and there is no dev-joking, much less dev-bashing, intended).

They did say that they might "tighthen up" the rotations and maybe add D after 40 minutes.

Doubt that reward tables in general are that high on their priority list though (Defense / Interception Rewardtables are still balanced for ABCCCCCC, Third Cache on Sabotage still doesn't contain prime parts).

what do u mean? was defence rewards fixed already? or is it still aabc and c is forma bp most of the time?

what do u mean? was defence rewards fixed already? or is it still aabc and c is forma bp most of the time?

Defense rewards are still balanced around ABCCCCC as far as I know. Back then, getting a Forma there was ok, but now it's just annoying.

AABC is what all endless missions are supposed to run with atm.

Cyrus (and everybody else who highlighted their displeasure), Good job on highlighting this stealth nerf and working hard to make sure the developers noticed it. Unfortunately, they "meh'd" the hell out of the issue.

Yeah they did, but then again they dismissed all of the important concerns that way... did everyone see Steve's reaction to the syndicate ballistica... and then there was Scott saying "we're always looking at balance" with regards to weapons, but dismissing actual changes happening.

This was one of the most disheartening devstreams in a long time with the way they dismissed legitimate concerns and mostly just talked about "cool new things".  If the delivery system is broken it doesn't matter how many "cool new things" you add as far as I'm concerned.

This was one of the most disheartening devstreams in a long time with the way they dismissed legitimate concerns and mostly just talked about "cool new things".  If the delivery system is broken it doesn't matter how many "cool new things" you add as far as I'm concerned.

I actually felt a bit like they were mocking us (see Tactical Alert difficulty and the GotL alert being full of lvl 1 propaganda drones), especially when they said "Chat wants the D". Humor is fine with me, but only if they actually talked about this "hot topic" instead of trying to switch the topic as quickly as possible.

RNG is a huge part of Warframes monetization and I understand if they don't like to talk about it, but trying to dismiss it while saying "we know it's bad" is just weird.

I actually felt a bit like they were mocking us (see Tactical Alert difficulty and the GotL alert being full of lvl 1 propaganda drones), especially when they said "Chat wants the D". Humor is fine with me, but only if they actually talked about this "hot topic" instead of trying to switch the topic as quickly as possible.

RNG is a huge part of Warframes monetization and I understand if they don't like to talk about it, but trying to dismiss it while saying "we know it's bad" is just weird.

This guy gets it

Defense rewards are still balanced around ABCCCCC as far as I know. Back then, getting a Forma there was ok, but now it's just annoying.

AABC is what all endless missions are supposed to run with atm.

Defense is NOT ABCCCCC, trust me. It's AABC

Defense is NOT ABCCCCC, trust me. It's AABC

I said it's BALANCED around ABCCCCCC when it comes to drop chances and how much stuff there is in C rotation versus A and B.

I mean, this is the kind of stuff you forget as a game developer when you change reward cycles, right? Not that high on the priority list.

Edited by UltimateSpinDash

I said it's BALANCED around ABCCCCCC when it comes to drop chances and how much stuff there is in C rotation versus A and B.

I mean, this is the kind of stuff you forget as a game developer when you change reward cycles, right? Not that high on the priority list.

Ah I see what you are saying. I can definitely see that

I think you missed this: http://youtu.be/q9HDi0-FklQ?t=38m4s

There really isn't hope if that's how they're reacting.

I think they are missing the point. It is soul crushing to invest 20/40 minutes of your time to be rewarded crap. Especially Forma BP and void keys.

Forma BP just because of it's build time; I suspect every advanced player has a disgusting Forma BP backlog that would keep them going for months assuming they did nothing else BUT build them. Void keys because you can get that in non-void missions, so it is pure dilution.

If DE is going to give us Forma in a T4 especially it should be a BUILT Forma, not a BP. It is especially illogical that T3 gives Forma but not T4.

I think they are missing the point. It is soul crushing to invest 20/40 minutes of your time to be rewarded crap. Especially Forma BP and void keys.

Forma BP just because of it's build time; I suspect every advanced player has a disgusting Forma BP backlog that would keep them going for months assuming they did nothing else BUT build them. Void keys because you can get that in non-void missions, so it is pure dilution.

If DE is going to give us Forma in a T4 especially it should be a BUILT Forma, not a BP. It is especially illogical that T3 gives Forma but not T4.

I don't particularly mind at the 20 minute mark, because let's face it if you have proper gearing you can solo that without really trying, but once you go beyond it to have two A rotations before you get to B and C again and you're still looking at the same exact horrible weighting system that includes cores and forma bps... it just becomes overwhelmingly absurd.  I also do agree with built forma, though I do want to clarify that the fully built one in t3 has a rare drop weighting, so it's extremely rare.

Their response on the dev stream to a myriad of issues, including this one, has finally made me lose all hope of any positive change.

Players know what's up, the game is becoming a bigger grind with every patch, even if they don't know the exact drop rates. The forums are bursting with feedback, and they're ignoring it to add their next useless weapon of the month, and another new game mode, and now a PVP team. No one in my clan logs on anymore except to rep farm daily. Void tables, badly designed events, Nullifiers, and a patch work of haphazard balance changes which amount to too little too late. I give up. They ignore us and laugh about it.

Edited by Ampoth

This is seriously getting boring, the drop probability of prime parts that is part of prime access items have been getting rarer and rarer with each iteration (you know exactly what you did there DE), not to mention the same old boring maps of void defense and interception, and how first 20 mins of survival is boring as hell, I try hard not to fall asleep there. You really need to condense those first few mins of boringness into something more challenging and rewarding, appropriate to their tier levels of course, and have difficulty increases linearly than abruptly at 35~45 mins. Abolish rotation system, take out ocell as reward, make it rare resources drops from killing enemies, and have all prime stuff equal chance to appear every 5 mins/waves, and this is what I meant by making it less boring even at beginning.

You want to put some grinds in there, fine, at least make some efforts to make some new maps for void defense and interception, new style of void tiles for survival, capture and md, so same mission with same tier can still have slightly different experience. Void is basically the second major part of game (first being regular star maps) that people spend a lot of time on it, it should have at lease the same map variety as regular star map.

Their response on the dev stream to a myriad of issues, including this one, has finally made me lose all hope of any positive change.

Players know what's up, the game is becoming a bigger grind with every patch, even if they don't know the exact drop rates. The forums are bursting with feedback, and they're ignoring it to add their next useless weapon of the month, and another new game mode, and now a PVP team. No one in my clan logs on anymore except to rep farm daily. Void tables, badly designed events, Nullifiers, and a patch work of haphazard balance changes which amount to too little too late. I give up. They ignore us and laugh about it.

same. i saw very few friends online in last weeks. we farm only rep and thats it. i bought all mods from 2 syndicates and don't bother go log in anymore

i played 2 days 8-10 hours each and got only trash in voids. (but many forma bps...)

i could buy new content but what the point to play the game then.

have done it more 10 T3S and no nova prime chassis

this is becoming ridiculous

Have you tried consecutive runs of 40mins? I was lucky enough to get it first try at 40min but I've been trying for other parts and find that I normally get stuff after doing quite a few keys in a run. I got Hikou pouch after doing 11 runs without changing to another mode. Key after key after key after key.

On another note, I know that DE largely waved off this issue bit I do believe there will be a resolution to it. Rebecca posted today that they're looking at moving Void items across the star map. How they implement it, we'll have to wait and see.