The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A 1000+ Player Hour Experience With New Void Enemies.

Nuparu92

I've been playing warframe since June of 2013. Since then I've done allot, and spent well over 1000+ hours in warframe. When I first started warframe it was fun. It was challenging without all the mods. Eventually I collected everything, and warframe became a casual game for me. Not allot of challenge. 

But this all changed with the new void enemies. 

I have never had so much fun in this game! You are really tested in your skills when you go to a T4 void. I had so much fun with my friends last night in T4 survival. I don't think I have ever had that much fun in warframe. The nullifiers are what make it so challenging. You really have to use your head to fight them, and all the enemies with them. The only thing I would suggest is toning down the spawn rate, or giving them a small hole in their shield you can shoot into. The bombards hurt like hell, however I would suggest toning done the knockdown for their missiles. Stun lock isn't fair. 

The butchers are well, butchers XD

TL;DR New void enemies make the void fun to play in. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Nuparu92

Eventually I collected everything, and warframe became a casual game for me. Not allot of challenge. 

Now imagine a casual player, newbie, someone who try to collect some mod or the one who want a prime part. Some people do not own every mod/are powerfully.. What can be challenging for you can be impossible for other.

You prompted me to look... 2299 hours here! That's only on the Steam version. Used to play before it made it to steam. Been playing since November of 2012.

Never played a game so much--avg'n a couple hours a day--for so long (over 2years) since Counter-Strike 1.6.

Now imagine a casual player, newbie, someone who try to collect some mod or the one who want a prime part. Some people do not own every mod/are powerfully.. What can be challenging for you can be impossible for other.

Which sounds like it is something for new players to work up to... High-level content should be just that...not a cakewalk for new players. Give them something to aspire to.

T3 and T4 are no place for newbies. (although Jupiter nullifiers should be toned down)

I like that voids are finally challenging from the get-go, without players having to twiddle their thumbs for 50 minutes before they are finally threatened.

And that challenge is achieved without ridiculous scaling! What more can you ask for?

Edited by oinkah

I agree. I was just in a T4 interception (Host crashed and we lost everythiNGIRENGØSNGUJSEGUJ!!1) but I had so much fun. More fun than I've had since I did a 40min infested survival after the new enemies came out.

Short story: DE is doing an AMAZING job on improving the fun factor lately, and I would love if they could keep it up.

I HATE with a BURNING PASSION Nullifiers.

Why? I am NOT a Soma Zombie; nor do I Boltor Prime Spam.

That shield (and lets face it, it is) makes ALL snipers USELESS. Lanka? Trash. Opticor? Firing freaking Blanks. Vectis? a bad joke.

You know some of us actually want to use those REALLY nice SLOW fire rate weapons.

Sure the Nullifiers are a cake walk for the Rambo among us. But the snipers? We are SCREWED.

Edit: to the thread starter, I also have over a thousand hrs game time. I just like snipers not belt-feds.

Edited by Achronus

It's this kind of thinking that has kept us from receiving suitable end-game material. Not everything was meant to be accessible for all levels of players. The Void in general, and particularly Tier 3 and Tier 4 should be aimed at people who have everything.

The way I've always seen it, secondary weapons can be and are fairly strong in Warframe. I imagine if you have a sniper in your primary slot you would have something in the secondary to deal with threats that aren't ideal for sniping. I don't use the soma or boltor prime either and I love my Vectis. So far my Gammacor has been dealing with the shields pretty well and I imagine there are other secondaries that will just as well.

The way I've always seen it, secondary weapons can be and are fairly strong in Warframe. I imagine if you have a sniper in your primary slot you would have something in the secondary to deal with threats that aren't ideal for sniping. I don't use the soma or boltor prime either and I love my Vectis. So far my Gammacor has been dealing with the shields pretty well and I imagine there are other secondaries that will just as well.

High level you must have an all purpose weapon out nearly all the time.

Gammacor; aye that will do pretty good.

Synoid Gammacor? its tiny fire rate will cause those Nullifiers to stop cowering in fear, walk over and laugh.

Bottom line: Nullifiers FORCE the player to have a bullet hose selected at all times.

My only suggestion is for the Bombard (regular and void) to be looked at, if more than one is present you can get continously knocked down at an alarming rate due to the missile rate of fire. I think that due to effect and damage the rate of fire could be lengthened a bit. Other than that I enjoy seeing variety in the void.

High level you must have an all purpose weapon out nearly all the time.

Gammacor; aye that will do pretty good.

Synoid Gammacor? its tiny fire rate will cause those Nullifiers to stop cowering in fear, walk over and laugh.

Bottom line: Nullifiers FORCE the player to have a bullet hose selected at all times.

It is stated in practically every guide to "bring a secondary weapon to complement the primary", so If you are going to bring 2 slow fire weapons SOLO - because in a team you won't have the issue - then why are you surprised on the result?

"Play any way I want" does not mean that everything will work all the time, it simply means you have more flexibility.

Edited by DSpite

That shield (and lets face it, it is) makes ALL snipers USELESS. Lanka? Trash. Opticor? Firing freaking Blanks. Vectis? a bad joke.

You know some of us actually want to use those REALLY nice SLOW fire rate weapons.

Sure the Nullifiers are a cake walk for the Rambo among us. But the snipers? We are SCREWED.

Edit: to the thread starter, I also have over a thousand hrs game time. I just like snipers not belt-feds.

Read the everloving goddamned patch note.

137061ccd2.png

Edited by Twilight053

I love my soma (4 forma, probably gonna do a fifth for giggles :3)but I do not feel like i'm forced to bring it on void t4s. In fact I very often don't. Nullifiers require you to think about how to kill em. They require strategy. Sure single shot weapons will take a little longer to remove the shield, but they'll also deal a lot of damage with a single bullet, taking the shield down in less shots.

Correct. The CORPUS nullifiers got fixed. The CORRUPTED nullifiers have not been fixed yet.

Ran several t4 survivals yesterday, the corrupted shields do decrease when shot.

Ahh... that old argument.

Complementary weapons. The Synoid Gammacor is a great equivalent to a rapid fire spray weapon.

Thus: Sniper + Synoid beam of doom is great. until a Nullifier comes along; it's shield is per shot NOT damage ticks. Thus the Synoid is fail.

Or Perhaps Grenade launcher + Marlok? AOE crowd control + a near sniper gun? again the Nullifier FORCES a rapid fire gun.

I do not lament that I cannot use a Lanka + a Lex prime.

I lament I must bring a spray and pray.

Yes, the Shield does shrink with weapons fire; PER BULLET (there is 'some' scaling with type of bullet).

So I go in loaded with an Opticor and Hikou prime.

15 shots to kill ONE Nullifier with the Opticor

20 with the Hikou. (and I am not sure all twenty were needed)

Thus us Sniper happy guys are left going?!?!?

Hell the Arctic Eximus requires 2 from the Opticor to kill. (one for the globe, one for the unit)

This does not anger me; it is a nice mechanic (kinda punishes snipers more than spammers) but acceptable.

The Globe has HP thus is requires varying levels of Dakka from the belt-feds around; so snipers aren't the only ones being hit with the globe's annoyance rating.

The Nullifier? Near as I can tell it is 15 shots or so... period.

Snipers can't kill it in a single clip ever.

Heck the AkLex can't do it in one clip.

But the Soma (and now Soma Prime) users? Sure they notice that 'hey that guy took more bullets' but hey have a ready reponse of: Hold the trigger moar!

That! is what I am complaining about; not their existence. (I kinda think they are a neat addition; but kinda hurt Melee pretty bad)

100% agree op.

T3/4 is no place for newer players. If you don't have the skill or the gear to run it, then you shouldn't be running it.

As for snipers, there is always your secondary weapon.

And sure you can argue that you want to keep your Vectis/Lex/Kestral loadout, and that you should be able to run what you want.

That is fine, but if I'm pulling food out of the oven I put on oven mitts, I don't stick my hands in there and cry when they get burnt.

It isn't hard to throw a set of Afuris or Wraith Vipers on as a secondary, and hell, having a dps weapon to burst down crowds helps cover the main weakness of snipers.

You prompted me to look... 2299 hours here! That's only on the Steam version. Used to play before it made it to steam. Been playing since November of 2012.

'Esc -> mouse over your portrait -> Show Profile -> Stats'.

Time 'played', which is actually time logged in, same as Steam.

Sixty5 did you even read my post?

MUST have spray and pray was my complaint.

I cannot use Ogris or Penta with a sniper-ish secondary for high value targets.

To carry your analogy forward

I cannot use a forge worker's heat suit (a grenade launcher has great crowd control, no?)

I MUST have oven mitts (I machine gun is never going to match crowd clearing of the Penta)

That (and only that) is my complaint.

The Nullifier is the only enemy in the game that MUST have a particular weapon type engage it. (rapid fire)

Sixty5 did you even read my post?

MUST have spray and pray was my complaint.

I cannot use Ogris or Penta with a sniper-ish secondary for high value targets.

To carry your analogy forward

I cannot use a forge worker's heat suit (a grenade launcher has great crowd control, no?)

I MUST have oven mitts (I machine gun is never going to match crowd clearing of the Penta)

That (and only that) is my complaint.

The Nullifier is the only enemy in the game that MUST have a particular weapon type engage it. (rapid fire)

I wasn't responding to your post, if I was, I would have quoted you.

They don't force you to have a rapid fire gun, they are just as easy to take out with melee.

Your addition to my analogy is also in error. A penta doesn't fill the same function but is similar in otherways.

More so, a penta in that situation is like a dish glove. It still protects your hand from heat, but won't work very well in an oven.

You could also find creative solutions like sticking a nade in front of them, waiting for them to walk over it, and then blowing it up.

If you want to use a hammer to drill a hole then more power to you, just don't come crying when you've bashed in half the wall.

I've been playing warframe since June of 2013. Since then I've done allot, and spent well over 1000+ hours in warframe. When I first started warframe it was fun. It was challenging without all the mods. Eventually I collected everything, and warframe became a casual game for me. Not allot of challenge. 

But this all changed with the new void enemies. 

I have never had so much fun in this game! You are really tested in your skills when you go to a T4 void. I had so much fun with my friends last night in T4 survival. I don't think I have ever had that much fun in warframe. The nullifiers are what make it so challenging. You really have to use your head to fight them, and all the enemies with them. The only thing I would suggest is toning down the spawn rate, or giving them a small hole in their shield you can shoot into. The bombards hurt like hell, however I would suggest toning done the knockdown for their missiles. Stun lock isn't fair. 

The butchers are well, butchers XD

TL;DR New void enemies make the void fun to play in. Keep up the good work.

Hmm...that sounds interesting, ill check it out.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3